The Mist on Rabb.it (Kachoochoo Vape Stream) [Ended]

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
magikeh

The Mist on Rabb.it (Kachoochoo Vape Stream) [Ended]

Post by magikeh »

Hey folks! Gil and I have been planning on watching 'The Mist' on rabb.it for a while now and want to invite you along for a ride through the great lands filled with Cthulu's vape. Join us on a 12-hour journey through 'Call of Cthulhu', The Mist movie and then that newfangled TV series on the Netflix. No account is needed but if you want to chat along signup is free forever on rabb.it.

PS: What the fuck is Rabb.it? Basically, it's an internet couch with no snacks (yeah sorry, you have to bring your own and kinda can't share until they invent some snack by wire tech somewhere)

The stream/room is here : https://www.rabb.it/Gilberreke

Edit: Woah! What a showing, we even had an attempted troll :D Great fun to watch with you guys. Now we're hopefully planning weekly streams so if you're interested head on over to Gil's google doc and pitch some ideas! I think I'll regularly mess with this thread to use it for announcements, polls and the likes.
Last edited by magikeh on Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Magical Shit
Show
Syruse|Work: i like magic shit
MagikEh: ...
MagikEh: >.>
MagikEh: <.<
»» MagikEh walks to the bathroom
Syruse|Work: hahaaaaaaaaa
Syruse|Work: wait
MagikEh: xD
Syruse|Work: fuck
Syruse|Work: NO
Syruse|Work: DONT
Gilberreke

Re: The Mist on Rabb.it (Kachoochoo Vape Stream)

Post by Gilberreke »

Yes yes, the hype is real :)

First movie playing right now is Call of Cthulhu (2005), to warm up, then we go onto the bread and butter :)

We'll be there for like 12 hours, so come say hello :)
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
magikeh

Post by magikeh »

Hohoho YES! A perfect send-off, with everyone's sanity dripping from the decks of a ghost ship! Now onto The Mist!
Magical Shit
Show
Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

Next up: 30 minute horror intermission, the we start the series :)
magikeh

Post by magikeh »

After watching the bread attack and an old guy cook quinoa, we are now onto the Mist TV series :D Drop in and have some fun why don't you!
Magical Shit
Show
Moldiworp2

Re: The Mist on Rabb.it (Kachoochoo Vape Stream) [Ended]

Post by Moldiworp2 »

Ah man I'm sad I missed this, any chance of greater warning if you guys do this again?
magikeh

Post by magikeh »

Moldiworp2 wrote:Ah man I'm sad I missed this, any chance of greater warning if you guys do this again?
For sure! To be honest we weren't really sure if we were going to be able to do it at all because Rabb.it changed up how they do the streaming thing from just a VM -> user, to tab -> server -> clients streaming so Gil had to find a couple workarounds to make it all happen for the best experience all around. That and we were both having ungodly issues with a video stutter (every three seconds a frame would hang for about half a second) while doing some earlier testing, which seemed to clear up on Sunday night.
As an aside I think we will be trying to do this regularly on Sundays, so if you have any suggestions head up to the OP and follow the links to voice your opinion ;)
Magical Shit
Show
Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

Maybe I should make another thread to keep track of the Sunday streams. The idea is that there's not a lot of BTW streams on Sunday (except Whuppee lately, but still, it seems to be the best day to do it). We usually watch some shitty 70's and 80's anime, but I've been wanting to open it up to more than just cartoons.

On the cartoon side, I think I still want to do:
- Conan the Adventurer
- 30's cartoon night
- Star Trek the animated version
- Whatever freaky anime from the disco era I find attractive

I try not to stream prime material. We riff on the material a lot and people will pop out and rejoin, so it feels most fun if the material is a bit... special. If it's a longer format thing like a series, we usually watch until bored and we keep saying we'll resume next week, but it never happens.

For movies, I'm planning on doing some double features, with some short little videos in between, kinda like when double features at the movie theater have shitty trailers in between.
Moldiworp2

Post by Moldiworp2 »

You guys watched The Toxic Avenger before? That film is pure hilarious trash. Cat Soup is some top notch anime as well if you haven't seen that.