Anyone else have issues with maps?

If you're having problems with your installation of Better Than Wolves, or if you've woken up in the future and are beginning to doubt the nature of reality, here's the place to post about it.
Caevin

Anyone else have issues with maps?

Post by Caevin »

I was getting an update to my Aligned Maps mod and after putting it in with the rest of BTW mod ran into this issue:

Issue: When I create and activate a new map it's blank, forever blank.

I put a fresh install of BTW and ran into the same issue. When I created an entirely new install of MC it loaded maps normally, but putting in BTW back on that the issue was back.

Has anybody else experienced this?
Taleric

Re: Anyone else have issues with maps?

Post by Taleric »

I experianced the same. I'll keep plaything with them and post here if I have better luck.
jakerman999

Post by jakerman999 »

Is this only after 4.AAAAAAAAAAHHHH? A lot got changed, I wouldn't be surprised if maps got another change as well. They might need to be activated or drawn on or something I can't think of yet. Or it could be unintended behaviour.
Ozziie

Post by Ozziie »

Just had a quick play with them and can confirm the above. You can craft them fine and right clicking seems to activate them but nothing is drawing on the map at all regardless of zoom level.

The only mods I have installed are CraftGuide and Gil's skin mod.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Will take a look. I changed some behavior about how items actively update for other stuff in AAAAHHHH, so it's possible I messed something up with maps in the process.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Yup, this is my bad, for exactly the reasons I guess above. I inadvertently disabled map updates entirely while modifying how updates work for other items to support some of the torch functionality in AAAAAAHHHHH.

Sorry guys. Will try to get a small release out later today with a fix in it.
Epsilon

Post by Epsilon »

Sorry for reviewing this old tread, but it's exactly the same issue I have right now.

After just getting a clean install to work with this installation guide, everything works fine (all mcPatcher features used by the texture Pack, and other add-ons).

Besides BTW4-ABCFEFEe I installed Jorges_3_2d and BetterItemFrameMaps[v1.2] + MapsOnGrids[v1.1.0] .
mcPatcher only reported two collisions regarding the map-mods, wich were resolved by installing the map-mods files instead of the btw ones.

to be fair I did quick test this in a survival world with cheats enabled, giving me survival rights to test some features in order to dedect exactly this kind of errors.

I did have line of site while holding the map, and tested this with texture pack and without.

So now my question is: was i dumb and missed something?
Am I the only one to experience this?
Epsilon

Post by Epsilon »

Epsilon wrote:was i dumb and missed something?
actually: Yes.

With 4.AFFFFFFF I went trough the process again with one major change: I didn't include the maps on grids mod.
Now everything works fine.
So apparently I missed, that the maps on grids mod functionality was included in BTW already... unless further testing proves me wrong on this one.

Sorry for paniking.