Version 4.AAAAAAAAAAHHHH Spoilers in Spoilers

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Taleric

Version 4.AAAAAAAAAAHHHH Spoilers in Spoilers

Post by Taleric »

Ok for the defeated, here we go. Make sure to use in forum spoilers still like this:

Axe:
Spoiler
Show
In your 2x2 grid, stone, string, shaft, empty
Cook food:
Spoiler
Show
With a pointy stick right click on your camp fire to make a place to hang some food
Bow drill (faster fire starting, stick rubbing system)
Spoiler
Show
In 2x2 string, empty, shaft, shaft
Brick:
Spoiler
Show
sun dry clay for two days
Oven:
Spoiler
Show
4xbricks to make loose bricks then 4xloose bricks to make oven

Torch:
Spoiler
Show
two coal dust to make coal, then with shaft makes crude torch that when lit lasts a day, don't add water, ever
Iron:
Spoiler
Show
4xiron dust to make iron for smelting in oven
What to make with iron?:
Spoiler
Show
4xnuggets make a chisel
Last edited by Taleric on Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:15 am, edited 5 times in total.
jackatthekilns

Re: Version 4.AAAAAAAAAAHHHH Spoilers in Spoilers

Post by jackatthekilns »

have you found a way to get string without spiders?
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Moved to main sub-forum. No reason for this to be off topic :)
Taleric

Post by Taleric »

jackatthekilns wrote:have you found a way to get string without spiders?
Nope but it is not too hard to get them early on.
FlowerChild wrote:Moved to main sub-forum. No reason for this to be off topic :)
Whoops! Ty.
jackatthekilns

Post by jackatthekilns »

Well i just went my first 2 nights without seeing a single spider. so I was hoping there would be a way that I could get one before night. I guess my expectations are still stuck in the older versions of the game
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

For string
Spoiler
Show
You can get string by breaking leftover webs with a sharp stone. For some reason the stone axe does not return anything though
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Sarudak wrote:You can get string by breaking leftover webs with a sharp stone. For some reason the stone axe does not return anything though
The idea with that stone axe was quick web escape, destroying it in the process, while sharp stone was careful cutting. Doesn't seem to communicate well from what I'm seeing in streams though, so I'll consider that one further.
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

Ok. I guess that makes sense. In my brain I was thinking stone axe means leave the primitive sharpened rock behind.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Sarudak wrote:Ok. I guess that makes sense. In my brain I was thinking stone axe means leave the primitive sharpened rock behind.
No, the stick and stone are a completely different type of tools actually, independent of stuff like "axe", "pick", and "shovel". I may have made that less clear by using descriptive names for them. It'll become clearer later in the progression.
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

Well I'm still working on how to smelt iron. I tried throwing the nugget in a blazing campfire. I do not recommend that to anyone else... :)
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Sarudak wrote:Well I'm still working on how to smelt iron. I tried throwing the nugget in a blazing campfire. I do not recommend that to anyone else... :)
Check out the hints I posted in the other thread. The above is a tough one to figure out, and there's a pretty direct clue I posted about it.
jackatthekilns

Post by jackatthekilns »

Sarudak wrote:For string
thanks that was very helpful
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

So I tried the thing I thought it was after reading that hint and it totally worked... Just somehow I thought I had already tried that previously...
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Sarudak wrote:So I tried the thing I thought it was after reading that hint and it totally worked... Just somehow I thought I had already tried that previously...
It may be due to the environmental conditions in which you tried it :)
Epsilon

Post by Epsilon »

two questions:
crafting table
Show
How am I supposed to get a 'crafting table'? Even using a stone axe I cant get Planks
food
Show
cooking food on a camp fire takes so much time I cant find it worth it at all... and it's not possible to throw raw wood onto them (the wood you get by using an axe). any suggestions?
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Epsilon wrote:two questions:
crafting table
Show
How am I supposed to get a 'crafting table'? Even using a stone axe I cant get Planks
I think you're assuming that's an immediate goal, because of how vanilla works. It isn't.
food
Show
cooking food on a camp fire takes so much time I cant find it worth it at all... and it's not possible to throw raw wood onto them (the wood you get by using an axe). any suggestions?
If it doesn't feel worth it, I suspect you may be burning more fuel than you need to. Don't assume that more fire = good.

Time wise, yup, it takes a long time, but that's just a matter of planning around it, not one of efficiency.
frank2982

Post by frank2982 »

FlowerChild wrote:
Epsilon wrote:two questions:
crafting table
Show
I think you're assuming that's an immediate goal, because of how vanilla works. It isn't.
food
Show
If it doesn't feel worth it, I suspect you may be burning more fuel than you need to. Don't assume that more fire = good.

Time wise, yup, it takes a long time, but that's just a matter of planning around it, not one of efficiency.
Spoiler
Show
The height of the fire doesn't matter at all, correct? Just the overall time it is over the fire?
Also I am trying to figure out what to do next but can't figure out what the next step might be.

Side note: I have managed to survive several moon cycles on my most recent start attempt (2nd try). Just can't get to the next step.
jackatthekilns

Post by jackatthekilns »

On the subject of food,
Spoiler
Show
is there some visual indicator of the process? I realize you must have not put in a gui on purpose, but I have yet to see a pattern in how long cooking takes or how much fuel is needed
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

frank2982 wrote: Side note: I have managed to survive several moon cycles on my most recent start attempt (2nd try). Just can't get to the next step.
Same as I said to Sarudak above, check the hint thread I posted. I was pretty explicit about what the next step is.
Niyu

Post by Niyu »

Ok, I just found the brick thing. It's genious.
Taleric

Post by Taleric »

Niyu wrote:Ok, I just found the brick thing. It's genious.
Multiple days in sun or many fires?
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

Stuck again...
Spoiler
Show
Soo... Got the brick ovens. That was awesome. Managed to scrape together the 16 iron ore to get the iron chisel and chiseled the stump as suggested. But I'm a bit at a loss. I have the crafting bench but not sure what I could craft that would actually help me progress. Is there a stone pick anymore?
Taleric

Post by Taleric »

Sarudak wrote:Stuck again...
Spoiler
Show
Soo... Got the brick ovens. That was awesome. Managed to scrape together the 16 iron ore to get the iron chisel and chiseled the stump as suggested. But I'm a bit at a loss. I have the crafting bench but not sure what I could craft that would actually help me progress. Is there a stone pick anymore?
Spoiler
Show
Yup, the bench recipes are much like 4x4 but pick is two stone, shovel still one. Two shafts in the middle.
warmist

Post by warmist »

Spoiler
Show
Okay so i need to ask: do you get sticks only from punching trees or is there a better way?
jackatthekilns

Post by jackatthekilns »

warmist wrote:
Spoiler
Show
Okay so i need to ask: do you get sticks only from punching trees or is there a better way?
Yes there is a better way
Spoiler
Show
Use sharp stones