New Release! (BTW V4.AAAAAAAAAAHHHH) - NO SPOILERS

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Re: New Release! (BTW V4.AAAAAAAAAAHHHH) - NO SPOILERS

Post by FlowerChild »

Xaedblade wrote:I will say that I had a little bit of a rant about the new changes..... but now cannot stop playing it!
Glad you're enjoying it man! It wouldn't be rewarding without the pain :)
Caevin

Post by Caevin »

I haven't been paying attention to BTW for awhile, now. Holy crap, the updates you've been doing sound amazing! I'm excited to check stuff out.
I have just gotten back into streaming as well, this probably will motivate me to start a new world and check it out. Just have to resist checking out the spoiler threads in the meantime...
ko_teknik

Post by ko_teknik »

After playing about 1-2 hours ... i can only say : this is the best update ever !!
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

ko_teknik wrote:After playing about 1-2 hours ... i can only say : this is the best update ever !!
Thanks man! Glad you're enjoying it :)

I just went back for another run at it tonight, and I have to say that I'm having a blast with it as well. Definitely some of the most intense survival experiences I've had in any game.
Rawny

Post by Rawny »

I leave for a few months and then... ... WOW!

Look forward to chewing on this! Thanks!
haphazardnuke wrote:"Quick and Easy" is incompatible with Better than Wolves. Try using the patch, "Sense of Accomplishment".
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

I just released a 'd' version to Fix a fix a few issues and make a couple of tweaks. Download link in the OP has been changed to direct to it.

Changes:

-Changed an early game block to be a little toughter to harvest to help prevent accidents occurring.

-Changed another block to be more easily harvested with early game tools.

-Changed some code internally to hopefully help with problems for people running the Deco addon.

-Fixed problem with explosions inappropriately harvesting some logs.

-Fixed a problem where upside down slabs could no longer have redstone, torches, and other such blocks, placed on them. This is the main reason
for this patch release, as it could have major consequences for worlds with large redstone builds in them.

-Fixed a problem where sand would sometimes crush dungeon chests during world gen.

------------

Major apologies for the redstone popping off slabs guys. Sincerely hope it didn't do too much damage to your existing builds.
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

FlowerChild wrote:-Fixed a problem where sand would sometimes crush dungeon chests during world gen.
So that's what that was. In one of my spawns I saw a rectangular hole underwater, and seeing signs of a spwner in the middle thought I'd hit the jackpot.

Smarter people than I would have noticed the lack of raised sand where chests would have been. Me? Respawned after being eaten by a hat.
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Taleric wrote:On the side...
No spoilers man. I deleted your post as I'm getting a bit tired of chasing this stuff around.
ada221

Post by ada221 »

So, I see you've been quite busy lately FlowerChild! It has been nearly a year since i've played BTW. I think with all these updates i'm gonna try to install the mod again and see how this goes :)

You all have been very good about not spoiling us. I bet I'm in for quite the experience once I get it up and running.

EDIT: Got it working! and I dont know if it was a change introduced in this release, but (spoiler?)
Spoiler
Show
good lord I was laughing my ass off while punching a tree, it felt like this (but wait, there's more!):

-I stopped playing Minecraft a long time ago; BTW is its own game to me

-even after these forums are gone, as long as I have the files, I will continue to play Better than Wolves
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

A little eeeeeeeeee version to resolve a few issues:

-Changed animals to only be attracted to sunlight to make them a tad less self-immolatey.

-Changed the way chests work to make them less cheaty.

-Changed planks destroyed by explosions to be less planky.

-Fixed the Saw when attempting to cut plank blocks being excessively breaky.

The link in the OP has been updatedy.
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

Fixed Better than Wolves to be a little less wolfy, and fixed the game to be a little less gamey?
Better Than Wolves was borne of anal sex. True Story.
Niyu

Post by Niyu »

I wanted to mention that the Getting Started section from the mod description on the minecraft forum might need a slight rewrite, since it's still referencing the previous early progression of wooden pickaxes and all that.
LannyRipple

Post by LannyRipple »

My wife is gonna kill me. Been throwing changes at her with all the recent changes. We're to the point of a committed explore of the world to find villagers (I didn't load hard-core-hard-core respawn since I didn't want to see her [or me] crying.) And NOW I get to suggest we restart and oh by the way FC might have changed a few things. But he said not to worry about it so I'm sure it's gonna be ok.

Makes me wish I could put a GoPro on her to get the initial reactions.
DinoDikslam

Post by DinoDikslam »

where do i go to see the changes?
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

DinoDikslam wrote:where do i go to see the changes?
You don't.
Syruse

Post by Syruse »

FlowerChild wrote: You don't.
A better response would have been "In the game."

Anyway, I really like the changes aside from one because it messes with how I build. What made you decide on completely changing everything?
An IRC Conversation wrote: [19:24] <Ribky> on the bright side, i did my first modifications with the MCP today... :)
[19:24] <Horizon> what's it do?
[19:25] <Ribky> it eats your goddamn animals
DinoDikslam

Post by DinoDikslam »

So im having issues with the audio, ive tried everything in the other post about copying files over but in the launhcerlog its giving 403 errors still
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

DinoDikslam wrote:So im having issues with the audio, ive tried everything in the other post about copying files over but in the launhcerlog its giving 403 errors still
How unfortunate for you. Going to be rough sorting that out over on MCF.
Caevin

Post by Caevin »

So I just got through tonight what feels like the true 'early game.'

First off, thanks for such an awesome update. I've played about 15 hours now and only just got through that stage, but I've really enjoyed just about every moment of it. It was a pretty big change for me too, as I generally avoided early game. Honestly at a certain point I just cheated and gave myself an iron pick and some food to jumpstart because I was never interested in the initial grind. But I went into this with an open mind and was really surprised how much fun, probably because of the huge struggle that didn't feel too bad because each small step felt like such a milestone.

Anyway, it forced me to play the early game out and gave some new life to the mod for me. It was really fun going in blind and figuring stuff out as well, so kudos for keeping things spoiler free. Cheers :D