Spiders Losing Aggro After Fall Damage

Post any bugs that you find *in the mod* here. This place is NOT for posting installation errors or bugs with vanilla Minecraft, or add-on mods.
Rob

Spiders Losing Aggro After Fall Damage

Post by Rob »

During my livestream yesterday I was anticipating large scale spider battles when exiting my hobbit hole. But aside from a creeper team up, I felt cheated when the spiders became neutral from fall damage. One spider even went neutral after I axed him a question that caused him to take fall damage immediately after. Clips from the livestream to show both instances.
Version 4.8911 wrote:-Changed monsters so that they don't stop targeting something if they take damage from an environmental source (such as falling). This should be particularly noticeable with spiders not stopping targeting the player if they take fall damage.
https://clips.twitch.tv/PlumpZealousReubenYouWHY - Two spiders stop attacking immediately after falling off my hobbit hole and hitting ground.

https://clips.twitch.tv/CrepuscularObli ... RaccAttack - One spider stops attacking after he jumps over me, taking an axe hit a second before the fall damage.

PS: Can we just take a moment to enjoy the naming algorithm for twitch clips? I had to google what 'Crepuscular' meant. lol
ion

Re: Spiders Losing Aggro After Fall Damage

Post by ion »

is in vanilla as well. is just intended as spiders aren't aggressive in daylight
Rob

Post by Rob »

ion wrote:is in vanilla as well. is just intended as spiders aren't aggressive in daylight
Yeah, I understand it's a vanilla 'feature', that's why I posted the quote from the 4.8911 patch notes. Fall damage shouldn't cause them to stop attacking me as I understand it, especially if I just hit it in the face with an axe.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Fixed for next release.