hardercore spawning and losing inventory (SPOILERS!!!!!)

The place to talk about how BTW might be different
Psion

hardercore spawning and losing inventory (SPOILERS!!!!!)

Post by Psion »

spoilers ahead apparantly:
Spoiler
Show
I've noticed that with the new hardercore spawn changes, you can basically kiss your inventory goodbye unless you're lucky enough to both land near the original hardcore spawn radius and have infrastructure ready, simply because it's physically impossible to get from where you land to where you died in 20 minutes (or 10, or sometimes less due to unlucky weather.)

It might be that way because our server was fairly developed when the update hit, and we seem to be landing at least 5k blocks out from spawn at many times, but I know even with the original hardcore spawn and some infrastructures/tunnels, it was rather luck based whether it was even possible to get back to your deathpoint in time.
I dont know how you feel about this or whether this is an issue that needs to be addressed, but i do admit it's pretty painful that the distance traveled keeps increasing but the time you have to obtain your stuff back is the same.
Last edited by Psion on Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Re: hardercore spawning and losing inventory (SPOILERS!!!!!)

Post by FlowerChild »

Dude... major spoilers there.
Psion

Post by Psion »

er, sorry. i didn't think that was very spoily myself, considering a lot of it was mentioned in release notes >.o spoilered in case
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Well, a big part of the reasoning behind these changes is to keep death relevant as gameplay proceeds. With each major step forward, you gain power, but the death penalty also increases, along with the incentive to keep expanding outwards into the world.

If your world is already developed, then as I mentioned in the release notes, then yes, there will be a significant jump in difficulty, because you haven't been incrementally progressing through each of the "levels".

So yup, it's harder now. You've correctly diagnosed the situation :)
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Psion wrote:er, sorry. i didn't think that was very spoily myself, considering a lot of it was mentioned in release notes >.o spoilered in case
More the thread title that I was concerned with, and I took care of that. I like people to know what they're getting into when they open a thread.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Psion wrote:spoilers ahead apparantly:
Dude... there was zero mention of distance, especially not specific measures of distance in the release thread. Given the amount of work that goes into these features, and given I also try hard to preserve people's thrill of discovery, you're really pushing it here by getting snarky about it.