Multi-instance?

If you're having problems with your installation of Better Than Wolves, or if you've woken up in the future and are beginning to doubt the nature of reality, here's the place to post about it.
MisterFister

Multi-instance?

Post by MisterFister »

I've developed a pretty robust concept for something in a creative save I maintain for troubleshooting, but I'm finding the acts of translating them into survival to be rather tedious.

I know that pasting something in with savefile editing is a likely possibility, but I have no interest in exploiting that, and I'd legit prefer to "do it" in survival.

I have multiple monitors. Is it out of the question to run multiple instances of Minecraft at once, so I can literally swap back and forth between them?
I consume a lot of YouTube. Some of what I consume is actually pretty good.
magikeh

Re: Multi-instance?

Post by magikeh »

Yeah, totally feasible. Using MultiMC, Right click on the BTW instance 'Copy Instance' and be sure that the 'copy saves' radio button is selected (pretty sure it defaults to as such) Launch both instances at the same time. Badabing badaboom, Bobs your auntie.

That or you could do it the old school way, screenshots lined up on one monitor and the game in the other so you don't even have to click out of game but rather just turn your neck a little ;)
Magical Shit
Show
Syruse|Work: i like magic shit
MagikEh: ...
MagikEh: >.>
MagikEh: <.<
»» MagikEh walks to the bathroom
Syruse|Work: hahaaaaaaaaa
Syruse|Work: wait
MagikEh: xD
Syruse|Work: fuck
Syruse|Work: NO
Syruse|Work: DONT
dawnraider

Re: Multi-instance?

Post by dawnraider »

You can also run the same instance twice and as long as you don't open the same save twice you're fine. And even if you do it'll just crash the first instance and your save will be fine.
Come join us on discord! https://discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Get the Deco Addon here!
Get the Better Terrain Addon here!
Get the Vanilla Mix TP here!
Get the Conquest TP here!