Separate topic regarding recent chunk-corruption bugfixes

If you're having problems with your installation of Better Than Wolves, or if you've woken up in the future and are beginning to doubt the nature of reality, here's the place to post about it.
MisterFister

Separate topic regarding recent chunk-corruption bugfixes

Post by MisterFister »

In my recent SSP with world generated and played entirely in [Timing Rodent b], I experienced a rather nasty spate of what I think might've been cascading chunk corruptions spread across at least two distinct separate events, as far as I recall being able to tell from sifting through a rather copiously thorough series of automated backups.

To be very clear, I had located and temporarily penned at least one of every caste of villager in anticipation of relocating them to a common location, and had not bred or traded with any of them yet. I may or may not have even momentarily accessed the trade interface at one point due to a misclick, I don't quite recall.

So I'm pretty sure that what I ended up reverting out of was likely unrelated to the netherstar trade bug recently discovered in [Sided Sideshow]'s release.

Are past release threads the best way for me to search through for previously known chunk corruption issues, or examples where the symptoms were known but no distinct cause categorically confirmed? If I go about doing so, is it at least the case that all known bugfixes were publicly announced rather than unmentioned in a release thread? More generally, other than reporting mysterious corruption issues (or any other type of bug) to FC the best way to go and allowing him to quietly catalog them himself cuz it's none of our business?

I ask because I have no idea if I fixed my previous problem, or if I simply reverted back to a state before symptoms appeared and it's since been little more than a matter of RNG-luck that the issue hadn't returned.
I consume a lot of YouTube. Some of what I consume is actually pretty good.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Re: Separate topic regarding recent chunk-corruption bugfixe

Post by FlowerChild »

Moving this to tech support.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Re: Separate topic regarding recent chunk-corruption bugfixe

Post by FlowerChild »

To my recollection there haven't been any other chunk corruption bugs in BTW. I once devoured some people's castles before their eyes with stone eating termites by accident, but that's another story entirely.

All bug fixes are listed in the readme. I only leave out feature spoilers, otherwise everything is in there.

Chunk corruption does indeed occasionally occur in MC. There's no reason to assume that has to do with the mod unless other indicators point in that direction.