Hardcore spawn on an island (tips and suggestions)

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Destinu

Hardcore spawn on an island (tips and suggestions)

Post by Destinu »

So, let me explain better, with the new updates, I started a map from scratch. It turns out that my map is an island not too big (3 biomes). However I only noticed it a while later (my mistake) And I ended up running out of food (I prefer to play in the nomade style at first, my second mystake) Then I ran after seeds to start making a source of renewable food (I separated a couple of chickens thanks to God). But on my island there are no pumpkins. So I started to panic, the hemps are not yet generating enough seed to keep me self-sustaining, I died a few times, and all my harcore spawns are on this once-full-food island, now lifeless and full of mistakes made by myself, so I decided to make a hard choice, put all my important tools in a chest, and just leave with a boat (without sail) some axes, wood and cobblestone. Obviously it went wrong, I died (damm squids). And now I'm on another island that basically is just jungle.
So now between my request for tips and suggestions, when to start on an island what is the way you guys recommend for source of renewable food (besides fishing) when there is no pumpkin nearby.
ko_teknik

Re: Hardcore spawn on an island (tips and suggestions)

Post by ko_teknik »

Try To make a lot of hoe To get more seeds and maybe you can find melon seed inside à mineshaft !
Good luck but fishing is very efficient
Destinu

Post by Destinu »

ko_teknik wrote:Try To make a lot of hoe To get more seeds and maybe you can find melon seed inside à mineshaft !
Good luck but fishing is very efficient

Just follow your tip and:
https://imgur.com/a/zc75w
thanks man!!!
ko_teknik

Post by ko_teknik »

Crazy adventure ! I'm Jalous keep care !
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Yeah, I'm with ko_teknik on being jealous in this. Sounds like a fun seed. Care to share it?
ko_teknik

Post by ko_teknik »

FlowerChild wrote:Yeah, I'm with ko_teknik on being jealous in this. Sounds like a fun seed. Care to share it?
A friend told me the best seed for that is : "FlowerChild"
respects uppercase F and C !
Good Luck !!!
Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

FlowerChild is not survivable. The best you can do is travel to the mushroom island, get enough mushrooms to jumpstart and go from there. It's very gamey, requires you to know the seed by heart, etc.

However, if you like survival seeds, I made a list of them that should work. I posted it on the forums, but somehow it got eaten by a grue it seems, so here's a repost of the list. I suggest you don't stare too hard at them, so you don't spoil the seed. Just scan through quickly, find a shape you like, copy the number and close the link. I tried generating these seeds, such that your HCS area is entirely ocean with islands, but not a bunch of islands that are tiny without trees. Most islands should have at least 2 biomes.

If someone would be willing to make a non-visual list with some explanations about what they look like (how many biomes, etc), I'd be much obliged.

WARNING: this does show you where villages, strongholds, etc are.
https://imgur.com/a/nOHoG

If you don't want to be spoiled at all, I'll just recommend one seed you can try. It's got Two main islands that have maybe 4 biomes, with a few smaller islands dotted around. Very piratey. I think most of the biomes are represented:

Here's an example of how such seeds work:

WARNING: I didn't check this one on 1.5.2, it's just an example
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Destinu

Post by Destinu »

FlowerChild wrote:Sounds like a fun seed. Care to share it?
seed: -5471743314543416701
Good luck =D