[32x] Derivation - OMEGA [BTW V.4.B0000003] and CE 1st EDITON

This sub-forum is dedicated to add-ons and texture packs for Better Than Wolves.
Wyr3d

[32x] Derivation - OMEGA [BTW V.4.B0000003] and CE 1st EDITON

Post by Wyr3d »

As I've been working on a 1.12.2 version of Derivation OMEGA (primary for a renewed interest in Millenaire) I decided to go ahead an revamp the OMEGA 1.5.2 textures to use as a base for the pack upgrade. This meant some Vanilla texture changes as well as remake of textures that were replaced/removed by BTW content. This project contains multiple packs, including so far:

- aBase content texture pack
- an upgraded CTM version
- a BTW (with optional CG) Pre-Pack,
- and finally a BTW with Deco (and optional CG) Pre-Pack.

To get the full experience from the CTM texture packs, it is recommended that you have smooth lighting set to minimal and brightness set to Moody. You will need Mcpatcher's default add-ons set when installing BTW into your 1.5.2 .minecraft jar. If you installed BTW manually without these features, the CTM textures probably will not display.

These texture pack versions are are available at CurseForge here:

Derivation Omega on Curse

Specifically for the BTW community, the BTW Pre-Pack is compliant with the final official version Better Than Wolves - BTW V4.B0000003 providing OMEGA texture support for all content. Essentially this build is the definitive version of the FC's official release of the stand-alone mod, so there should be no further need to update this texture back. This pre-pack should also work fine for CE 1st Edition, the BTW community continuation of project.

The BTW and Deco Pre-Pack v1 is compliant with at minimum Deco versions upto 2.12m which includes slight tweaks to the BTW mod. From Deco 2.13 the add-on requires the need for the API add-on to function, considering more aggressive content changes, and coupled with the reworked textures, a v2 version has now been uploaded seperately compatible for 2.13 onwards.

TEXTURE PACKS

- The Vanilla Basic file contains standed textures for Vanilla 1.5.2. This can used without issues.
- The Vanilla CTM file contains standed textures for Vanilla 1.5.2, with CIT, CTM and random mob textures. This requires an mcpatcher to work correctly

- The BTW Pre-Pack contains the Vanilla 1.5.2 CTM pack, with BTW textures pre-installed, and CG textures in a folder ready to install if required.
- The BTW and Deco Pre-Pack v1 contains the Vanilla 1.5.2 CTM pack, both the BTW and Deco (upto 2.12m) textures pre-installed, and CG textures ready to install.
- The BTW and Deco Pre-Pack v2 contains the Vanilla 1.5.2 CTM pack, both the BTW and Deco (2.13 onward) textures pre-installed, and CG textures ready to install.

The 1.5.2 versions of Derivation OMEGA are considered 100% completed at this time The 1.12.2 Vanilla has also been released, in both Vanilla, and CTM versions. Look forward to the Millenaire Support pack (1.12.2) soon (approx 80% complete) and eventually 1.17.1 version will be released (approx 50% complete). This has been a long time coming, I've (mostly) enjoyed working on the OMEGA 1.5.2 pack, with minimal bursts of rage and insanity working long into the night, and then some as hours turned into days, and weeks of creating, editing and re-editing textures that more often than not don't work at first due to some minor detail I missed coz of long hours working on the pack. XD

HISTORY

Derivation OMEGA is a dark fantasy variant inspired by Levaunt's Derivation (2011-2014) which was released to the public in Sept of 2014 with the upload of an unfinished pack entitled Derivision Final and a quote:

"It has everything from a patch or two ago; flowers, hard clay, fish, etc. But keep in mind it's very buggy so I wouldn't suggest playing with it. This is mainly for people who want to continue the pack. Good luck!" - Levaunt (minecraftforum.net)

After inheriting the BTW Support Pack from its previous authors in Feb 2014 I continued to maination the pack, which ultimately lead to the first Derivation OMEGA, release in Jan 2018. This was when I first started working on the 1.12.2 version of OMEGA, and as it seemed logical rework the older pack and start from there, OMEGA resulted as a sort of by-product. The bulk of the Derivation OMEGA pack in all it's variations are now textures either edited, reworked or original designs by this guy.
Spoiler
Show
OMEGA went through a lot of work with content added and removed as FC continued work on the BTW project, until its eventual cessation in April 2021 when FC left the project. BTW was then taken up by the BTW Community to work on a bug-fixing CE 1st Edition, and was also when the idea of a final versions for OMEGA 1.5.2

CREDITS

Main Credits:
Levaunt: author of the original Derivation texture pack from which OMEGA was inspired.
Flowerchild: original author of Better than Wolves Conversion! for the MineCraft total conversion stand-alone mod.

Additional Credits:
Kezza, original author of the BTW texture pack addon for Derivation until 2011
Ion, author on the Conquest BTW texture pack addon for Deco Mod lanterns and flowers.
Mesh, author of Mesh's John Smith/Conquest Mix texture pack for help with some 1.5.2 CTM trickery.

Maybe Some Other People, anyone who attempted to continue Derivation; failed/abandoned it - but kindly uploaded their work for future torch carriers.

AND FINALLY

Some screenshots (more can be seen on Curse)
Spoiler
Show
Spoiler
Show
Spoiler
Show
Spoiler
Show

Notes:

Alternate textures: - a few were previously available, but have been removed for the final versions. I may re-upload them a a seperate file later if requested (and I can find them)
Blank Textures: - some files are dummy blanks either for CTM purposes, or some other reason. This is intended
The Mill - the old Mill was broken when FC changed the UI and releated FC textures post AHHH. Fixing this was a pain, but the Pre-Packs should have this already. A green/brown fuzz across the moving section of the sides indicates when the mill contains an item. Once ground (assuming it is possible), resulting items will spit out returning the colour to normal.
Moon textures and sky - I'd like to fix the issue with stars showing through the moon during it's phases, but for the life of me I can't figure out why showing as transparent. Let's just use the Blizzard excuse and leave this as "an intended feature"
Last edited by Wyr3d on Sun Nov 07, 2021 8:50 pm, edited 96 times in total.
Spoiler
Show
emptychild

Re: [32x] Derivation - OMEGA [BTW A5 Pronged Poking]

Post by emptychild »

I've seen some screenshots from this pack and really like it. I'm looking forward to using it on my next playthrough and am glad to see it's been kept up to date. Thanks for the work.
https://twitter.com/FlowerChildXL/statu ... 5676872704

This just in! RTH to contain a TARDIS!
Spoiler
Show
FlowerChild wrote:But, before someone asks: the box will be blue. I like blue. It's a nice soothing color.
Wyr3d

Re: [32x] Derivation - OMEGA [BTW A6 Sided Sideshow]

Post by Wyr3d »

Updated the file for A6 Sided Sideshow

- added soulforge textures
Spoiler
Show
Thordan Ssoa

Post by Thordan Ssoa »

Thanks for maintaining this pack man. Unfortunately your trading GUI isn't up to date yet with the changes from 4.A4.
FlowerChild wrote:Never have I seen folks have this much fun with sheep without wearing a kilt.
FlowerChild wrote:you haven't seen a fight scene until you've seen one with horse schlongs swinging free
Wyr3d

Post by Wyr3d »

My bad, I haven't interacted with villagers recently. so I didn't notice. I have now updated the trading GUI to meet the new system, and will update this thread accordingly. Please don't hesitate to let me know if you find any more missing textures ^^
Spoiler
Show
Wyr3d

Re: [32x] Derivation - OMEGA [BTW A8 Milk's a Tossing]

Post by Wyr3d »

Updated for V9 includes new textures ^^
Spoiler
Show
Wyr3d

Re: [32x] Derivation - OMEGA [BTW A9x Pustules Lancing]

Post by Wyr3d »

Quick update to fix textures I'd updated but failed to include in the last pack ==
Spoiler
Show
Rob

Post by Rob »

Using the pack during my streams and really enjoying the look so far, as with some of my viewers. Only critique right now is that the moon phases are transparent. I don't know if this was an artistic decision, but being able to see the stars behind the moon is weird to me.
Wyr3d

Post by Wyr3d »

Hey Arrobbee. I used to watch your Youtube stuff :P

I haven't noticed an issue with transparency in my own world. I found your Twitch stream recordings, so I'm watching them now to see what you mean. I did notice some strange shadow effects on trees though. I think this may be the version of MCPatcher you were using - or if you installed manually, then the some of the textures won't look right regardless.

I usually install with this version of MCPatcher (with all default mods enabled - better skies etc), so if you could try with this, and let me know if you still have problems, or if it fixed them that would be awesome.

As an aside, I've been looking into the textures for the new version (AHHHH) and a lot has been added, so the next update for Omega may take a while

EDIT

Completed most of the new textures. I may have missed some, please let me know ^^
Spoiler
Show
Caevin

Re: [32x] Derivation - OMEGA [BTW A10 AHHHHHHH]

Post by Caevin »

Thanks for the great texture pack. I grabbed this for the latest BTW update and I've really enjoyed the look of things. You rock!
Wyr3d

Re: [32x] Derivation - OMEGA [BTW V4.AABABABA]

Post by Wyr3d »

Updated for V4.AABABABA
Spoiler
Show
Epsilon

Post by Epsilon »

Sideways placed shafts don't render all of their surfaces correctly
Wyr3d

Post by Wyr3d »

Epsilon wrote:Sideways placed shafts don't render all of their surfaces correctly
Thanks for the heads up, I missed that change. The texture pack has now been updated with a fix ^^
Spoiler
Show
Wyr3d

Re: [32x] Derivation - OMEGA [BTW 4-AABBBbbbbbb]

Post by Wyr3d »

Now updated for BTW4-AABBBbbbbbb
Spoiler
Show
ion

Post by ion »

Spoiler
Show
make the string on the fcItemKnitting transparent so you can have different colours
check how FC done it and why
Wyr3d

Post by Wyr3d »

Yeah my bad, I saved the texture as a .jpg first by accident, and forgot to cut out those bits when I changed it back to .png. Fixed this and have re-uploaded. I also added the particles.jpg back into the pack which I mislaid at some point, so campfires should be more fun ^^

Thanks for the heads up, and don't hesitate to let me know if you find any more issues ^^
Spoiler
Show
Wyr3d

Re: [32x] Derivation - OMEGA [BTW 4-Ahhh]

Post by Wyr3d »

Now updated for 4.Ahhhh
Spoiler
Show
Burning Embers - they glow :D
Brick Baking - slowly change colour ;)
Bone Club - bonk your enemies :o
Spoiler
Show
Wyr3d

Re: [32x] Derivation - OMEGA [BTW V4. POTATO]

Post by Wyr3d »

Updated for Potato
Spoiler
Show
Wyr3d

Re: [32x] Derivation - OMEGA [BTW V4.ABCE5]

Post by Wyr3d »

Updated for ABCE5.
Spoiler
Show
Wyr3d

Re: [32x] Derivation - OMEGA [BTW V4.ABCE5]

Post by Wyr3d »

quick tweak on one or two textures.
Spoiler
Show
Wyr3d

Re: [32x] Derivation - OMEGA [BTW V4.ABCE4F]

Post by Wyr3d »

Updated for ABCE4F
Spoiler
Show
Wyr3d

Re: [32x] Derivation - OMEGA [BTW V4.ABCEEFABb]

Post by Wyr3d »

Updated for BTW V4.ABCEEFABb

- added new items
- added new blocks
- added "full" versions of several more items.
Spoiler
Show
Wyr3d

Re: [32x] Derivation - OMEGA [BTW V4.ABCEEFABb]c

Post by Wyr3d »

Updated

-added more "full stack" versions of a bunch of old items missing them
Spoiler
Show
Wyr3d

Re: [32x] Derivation - OMEGA [BTW V4.ABCFAFAFA(bee)]

Post by Wyr3d »

Updated for FAFAFAbee. Pictures say a thousand words right? But moving pictures would be better since the milk, choc and water are animated
Spoiler
Show
Spoiler
Show
Wyr3d

Re: [32x] Derivation - OMEGA [BTW V4.ABCFAFBFC]

Post by Wyr3d »

Now updated for the latest version >>> ABCFAFBFC

Added new item
Added the new blocks
Added new overlays
Edited a few blocks to better fit what the overlays do