Skull -> Runed Skull trade doesn't grant Trader XP[SPOILERS]

Post any bugs that you find *in the mod* here. This place is NOT for posting installation errors or bugs with vanilla Minecraft, or add-on mods.
Mason11987

Skull -> Runed Skull trade doesn't grant Trader XP[SPOILERS]

Post by Mason11987 »

I just breeded up a new butcher to be sure, but I'm fairly certain that Skull + Emerald -> Runed Skull only appears at Lvl 4. But at level 4 it doesn't grant XP, which is inconsistent with other trades that grant XP for the level they first appear on.
Screenshot
Show
If this is by design, or it actually appears at lvl 3 (and I was just really unlucky) my apologies and feel free to ignore.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Re: Skull -> Runed Skull trade doesn't grant Trader XP

Post by FlowerChild »

Yup, that's by design. I created a new class of mandatory trades that always appear at a certain level, for this, and a couple of other crucial ones for other villager classes. You'll notice that if you complete that trade, an identical one will immediately appear so you can always convert skulls at will.

The thing is, since it's always available, providing experience for it would potentially open up an easy single-trade leveling opportunity, say, in this case, farming skulls from a mob trap and just getting the butcher to convert a whole bunch in a row to level up. That would of course bypass the regular need to complete a variety of trade types to level up a villager.