New Release! (BTW V4.A5 Pronged Poking) - NO SPOILERS

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
emptychild

Re: New Release! (BTW V4.A5 Pronged Poking) - NO SPOILERS

Post by emptychild »

dawnraider wrote:Definitely glad to see that (hopefully for a while) your eyesight is doing better FC.
I just figured that FC finally finished his Ender Specs.
https://twitter.com/FlowerChildXL/statu ... 5676872704

This just in! RTH to contain a TARDIS!
Spoiler
Show
FlowerChild wrote:But, before someone asks: the box will be blue. I like blue. It's a nice soothing color.
kazerima

Post by kazerima »

Inexpensive aesthetic shaft usage in the early game AND a way to scope out sinkholes? Pardon me while I go relieve some excitement.
FlowerChild wrote:BANG! BANG! BANG!!!!! AHHHHHH!!!! GET OUT OF FUCKING MY HEAD! HIRE A FUCKING GAME DESIGNER! Fuck.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

kazerima wrote:Inexpensive aesthetic shaft usage in the early game AND a way to scope out sinkholes? Pardon me while I go relieve some excitement.
I aim to please.
jakerman999

Post by jakerman999 »

FlowerChild wrote: -Changed Soul Urns ... got rid of their summoning of ghasts

You have made my friends very happy, that they no longer need fear my tripwire traps.
dawnraider

Post by dawnraider »

I saw a while back a guy made some giant farm for drowning ghasts, summoning them in the overworld with soul urns. So I am a little sad that that won't work any more because it was super badass, but it definitely gets a bit more comforting manually bottling as I no longer have to really worry about keeping soul urns on my bar.
Come join us on discord! https://discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Get the Deco Addon here!
Get the Better Terrain Addon here!
Get the Vanilla Mix TP here!
Get the Conquest TP here!
MisterFister

Post by MisterFister »

dawnraider wrote:...but it definitely gets a bit more comforting manually bottling as I no longer have to really worry about keeping soul urns on my bar.
Weren't smashing a soul urn and soul sand "overload" were two different unrelated mechanisms to spawn a ghast? There are other steps to the process, as well.

(I'd suggest that "no spoilers" be a reference to spoilers relating specifically to this exact thread's release -- is it considered a spoiler to mention here what happens with wolves and zombie flesh? -- but erring on the side of caution I said what I said.
I consume a lot of YouTube. Some of what I consume is actually pretty good.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

MisterFister wrote: (I'd suggest that "no spoilers" be a reference to spoilers relating specifically to this exact thread's release
Just no spoilers in general please. No reason to assume someone reading a release thread has already discovered everything in a previous one, and no reason not to create another thread to discuss whatever it is you wish to spoil :)
dawnraider

Post by dawnraider »

Yeah I meant so I didn't accidentally throw one. And I assumed that since not spawning ghasts from urns anymore was in the patch notes itself that that wouldn't be a spoiler but I'd be glad to edit my post if necessary.
Come join us on discord! https://discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Get the Deco Addon here!
Get the Better Terrain Addon here!
Get the Vanilla Mix TP here!
Get the Conquest TP here!
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Please move further discussion on ghast summoning mechanics to its own thread. I usually avoid doing this, but I just deleted one message from MisterFister here to cut the dialog short.
dawnraider wrote:Yeah I meant so I didn't accidentally throw one. And I assumed that since not spawning ghasts from urns anymore was in the patch notes itself that that wouldn't be a spoiler but I'd be glad to edit my post if necessary.
Don't worry about it. I was responding specifically to the suggestion that "no spoilers" only refer to the current release, which I think is a terrible idea.
Tophat

Post by Tophat »

Wow man you're literally my favourite game designer. I check back here 3 times a week for months.Thanks for the update!

Have you ever considered opening a patreon or doing this full time?
Dorugami

Post by Dorugami »

Hoookay looks like a game of hay in a needlestack just started! Holy fuzz muffins.

I know I moaned about it constantly before and just took it in stride as part of the difficulty of BTW but I am absolutely ECSTATIC to have a way to mitigate the random danger of deserts. I love you for this one FC.

Two things about the zombie villager change though, if you'll humor me...

- Is it using vanilla rules on which villager we get? (or if it's too spoilery I shall back off)
- ...what prompted the change?

I risk sounding presumptuous, but you just gave us an alternative to long range portal hopping at the cost of either a gold farm for apples or prolonged nether hunting for gold. Was this meant to de-incentivize base relocation - or is it just a tedious alternative to populate a spawn base for convenience sake?

And as always, many thanks for the (once again) stellar quality content for such a brilliant game. May it have many more :D
Better Than Wolves isn't a Mod. It's a Lifestyle.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Dorugami wrote:I know I moaned about it constantly before and just took it in stride as part of the difficulty of BTW but I am absolutely ECSTATIC to have a way to mitigate the random danger of deserts. I love you for this one FC.
Yeah, I'm still not 100% on sinkholes. I think I may have even started a feedback thread on whether to keep them back in the day, and I'm not sure I've done that with any other feature.

IMO, what you have there is a minefield mechanic, where players know that they should stay out of the minefield, but because the mines (or at least the big ones) are so rare, you tend to get sucked in anyways.

Like my current game I was building a perimeter wall around my base part of which went through a desert. I had the occasional minor fall here and there, but largely it was all good up until the point where the ground fairly randomly gave way and I plummeted into a ravine that I think went all the way down to bottom strata.

Was that a fair death? The rage having long subsided, I'm still on the border about whether it was. Yes, I could have been more careful in a variety of ways, but without a straightforward and thematically appropriate method of testing, I never felt motivated to, and more often than not would just roll the dice.

I still haven't played with the shafts enough to really know if it's enough, but it certainly feels like a step in the right direction.
Dorugami wrote:Two things about the zombie villager change though, if you'll humor me...
Once you see how it works in practice, I think it will all become clear :)
Dorugami

Post by Dorugami »

...but it certainly feels like a step in the right direction.
I defer to your long standing expertise on the topic then. :)
Once you see how it works in practice, I think it will all become clear :)
Having started a new world to experience the full extent of headed beastie, it'll be a long time before I get to the point where I can actually get into the practice of it, but I look forward to a surprise on the level of a level 5 priest. Cheers mate!
Better Than Wolves isn't a Mod. It's a Lifestyle.
Skyte Aero

Post by Skyte Aero »

Not much time to play yet. Been looking forward to getting back into this. Thank you for the recent updates.

I just saw the bone and rotten Flesh blocks in Vioki's latest stream. It has given me ideas for undead trees.
Fret

Post by Fret »

Wow, you're back! Three new updates in a row! Very cool. May be a long time before I have the time to try it all out, but already look forward to it. Thank you!
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

I have returned home but apparently someone migrated my account for their own benefit during my hiatus. I am looking forward to starting a new world and stop worrying about things once the account has been recovered
Better is the enemy of Good
b_ren_7

Post by b_ren_7 »

I was late to BTW after watching Mesh's streams so it's nice to see that this mod still gets updates. Thanks Flowerchild can't wait to try this out.