[32x] TBTWTP 2.0 - BTW 4.8912

This sub-forum is dedicated to add-ons and texture packs for Better Than Wolves.
Tekei

Re: TBTWTP 0.34 - Tekei's Better Than Wolves Texture Pack (3

Post by Tekei »

The update isn't ready just yet. I have been spending some time adding outlines to all item icons (still have a few left to do) and tweaking some icons in the process. I should be able to get the update out for tomorrow, but I won't promise anything.

Meanwhile, enjoy this painting test I did. What do you think? (I haven't made a frame texture yet so you'll have to do without for now).
Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

I'm contemplating doing a 32x32 pack, but after taking a look at yours, I probably won't. People should just use this one. Excellent work man!
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Tekei

Post by Tekei »

Gilberreke wrote:I'm contemplating doing a 32x32 pack, but after taking a look at yours, I probably won't. People should just use this one. Excellent work man!
Thanks man, it means a lot to me coming from you. :)
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

Wow. Just ... wow.
Magnifique :)
misterwuggles

Post by misterwuggles »

I think paintings are one of the lesser appreciated things about texture packs, and I gotta say those are great. The one is horrible, but horrible in a great way. Nice stuff man.
Tekei

Post by Tekei »

Thansk a lot for the kind words everyone!
misterwuggles wrote:I think paintings are one of the lesser appreciated things about texture packs[...]
Yeah you are probably right about that. I think it is in part due to the fact that people tend to download custom paintings separately and in part due to the fact that people use paintings for very different things. Some people want the paintings to look like all kinds of stuff so they can use them as decorative gears, ventilation shafts etc etc while others, like myself, want them to look like paintings and nothing else. :)

I will probably get an update out today, but it won't include paintings or the last armors unfortunately. That is where I will put my energy once the update is out though.
Tekei

Re: TBTWTP 0.35 - Tekei's Better Than Wolves Texture Pack (3

Post by Tekei »

New Update

- Updated to BTW version 3.30
- Added Vine Trap texture
- Added Breeding Harness Icon texture
- Tweaked Ore textures
- Tweaked Eye of Ender block texture
- Added outlines to all item-icon textures
- Tweaked soulforged steel Color
- Changed seed icons
- Various small tweaks

Next I will finish up the armor textures and paintings. No ETA though, and various vMC and BTW updates could get in the way. Until next time, enjoy :)
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

Thanks Tekei, downloading now.
Tekei

Post by Tekei »

walker_boh_65 wrote:Thanks Tekei, downloading now.
Cool. Let me know what you think. I'm currently contemplating whether I should change the color of the outlines depending on item to make it "fit in" a bit better, keep them as they are or go back to the old items. I want to play with the TP a bit longer before making up my mind though. Currently I'm leaning towards coloring the outlines, at least a little bit, but I'm not sure.
Yamboyz1

Post by Yamboyz1 »

Yup, it took me about .5 seconds to decide I was getting this texture pack. Awesome stuff.
But do you think you could upload some screenshots of the mobs?
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other.

-Abraham Lincoln
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

After I quick look I noticed an oddity with some of the items. The most obvious was the picks.
Spoiler
Show
But I am about to "hit the hay" so I will edit this with a more detailed description of what I thought of your pack latter. (Don't worry I love it)
Tekei

Post by Tekei »

Yamboyz1 wrote:Yup, it took me about .5 seconds to decide I was getting this texture pack. Awesome stuff.
But do you think you could upload some screenshots of the mobs?
This is not yet a complete Texture Pack. I haven't started to work on the mobs yet so they look precisely as they do in vanilla so far. There is a To-do list in the OP.

Walker: Thanks for noticing it. I don't seem to have any problems with the stone picks but I never tested the gold ones. I'll look into it tomorrow as I am also about to go to bed :)
Yamboyz1

Post by Yamboyz1 »

Tekei wrote: Walker: Thanks for noticing it. I don't seem to have any problems with the stone picks but I never tested the gold ones. I'll look into it tomorrow as I am also about to go to bed :)
Who can blame you, I don't know anyone that actually makes and uses any gold tools.
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other.

-Abraham Lincoln
Dark_Tundra

Post by Dark_Tundra »

walker_boh_65 wrote:After I quick look I noticed an oddity with some of the items. The most obvious was the picks.
I believe this is a HD patcher thing and not a problem with the textures
Kwilt

Post by Kwilt »

Oh, lovely. Been waiting for this to update. :D

Image (<--------------- Click me to watch live!)
Tekei

Re: TBTWTP 0.36 - Tekei's Better Than Wolves Texture Pack (3

Post by Tekei »

Quick update for BTW 3.40.
Also added a nether screen shot in the OP. Enjoy!
Tekei

Post by Tekei »

Dark_Tundra wrote:
walker_boh_65 wrote:After I quick look I noticed an oddity with some of the items. The most obvious was the picks.
I believe this is a HD patcher thing and not a problem with the textures
It seems that way because I can't find any problems in the .pngs and I don't notice the same probelms as in Walker's screenshot although I can see some minor artifacts around the edges of some tools.
Hisco

Post by Hisco »

Tekei, I noticed that you haven't done a texture for the dragon egg. Im not sure wether you were allready aware of this or not, it just seems strange seeing as you've finished all of the other textures on the terrain.png.
The below statement is true
The above statement is false
Tekei

Post by Tekei »

Hisco wrote:Tekei, I noticed that you haven't done a texture for the dragon egg. Im not sure wether you were allready aware of this or not, it just seems strange seeing as you've finished all of the other textures on the terrain.png.
I wasn't aware that the dragon egg was in 1.0.0. Have I missed something? :/
Hisco

Post by Hisco »

Yes, it is. It is on the top of the fountain that appears after you kill the ender dragon.
Tekei

Post by Tekei »

Hisco wrote:Yes, it is. It is on the top of the fountain that appears after you kill the ender dragon.
Aw, shit! I'll see what I can do.
Katalliaan

Post by Katalliaan »

Well, considering the fact that it's a completely decorative block that's practically impossible to collect and is only visible after a long-ass boss battle whose only reward is a crapton of XP, I can't really blame you for forgetting about it.
Open in case of fire
Spoiler
Show
Not now stupid - in case of fire
Tekei

Post by Tekei »

I'm sorry guys. I'll have to put this project on ice for now. My motivation has been draining for quite some time now and a few recent IRL events made me decide that I need a break from this and Minecraft in general. I don't know how long I'll be gone. Maybe for a week, maybe for a month, but I will be back at some point. Until then, I hope you find some other, better, TP to use.

Kat: Thanks for not blaming me, but yeah.. it probably has to do with my lack of motivation as of late :(
Hisco

Post by Hisco »

Katalliaan wrote:Well, considering the fact that it's a completely decorative block that's practically impossible to collect and is only visible after a long-ass boss battle whose only reward is a crapton of XP, I can't really blame you for forgetting about it.
Yeah, I could understand how someone could miss that. It really has no importance whatsoever.
Katalliaan

Post by Katalliaan »

Well, hope you find something that you are motivated to do and get enjoyment out of.
Open in case of fire
Spoiler
Show
Not now stupid - in case of fire