Empyrion - Galactic Survival: BTS (Hardercore Survival)

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Empyrion - Galactic Survival: BTS (Hardercore Survival)

Post by FlowerChild »

Not sure if anyone is still playing Empyrion here, but I put together a survival scenario for the most recent version that I thought you guys might like:

Download Link

From the readme:

*** Installation Instructions ***

-Install BTS by copying everything in this .zip file into your Empyrion - Galatic Survival directory.
-Start a new single player game selecting BTS as the scenario.

*** Recommended Settings ***

-This mod was designed and tested around medium difficulty settings.

-------------

Let me know what you think. If it's solid I might upload it to the workshop.
Sarudak
Site Admin

Re: Empyrion - Galactic Survival: BTS (Hardercore Survival)

Post by Sarudak »

I remember trying to play this game once and feeling completely uninspired. Did I just not give it enough of a chance?
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Sarudak wrote:I remember trying to play this game once and feeling completely uninspired. Did I just not give it enough of a chance?
Only thing that comes to mind is that it may have been the particular version you played. Some had nigh nonexistent survival conditions or tech progression. Even now, they tend to undermine their own progression at every turn, making resources available way ahead of when they should be through alternate means and such. Personally, I think there's a lot to like in it, but the designer(s) seem to often step on their own toes.

Hence this little mod here to try and correct some of that. I started playing the latest version a little while ago, and after a whole series of "you know, if this just happened here instead of there" I felt I had something worth playing a couple of weeks later :)

If you play Space Engineers, I'd say that game is stronger on the building and automation aspects, whereas Empyrion is stronger on survival elements.
Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

I put Empyrion on my todo a while back, this might give me a good reason to get into it. I put like 3 hours in the game when it came out and never touched it again.

EDIT: how sensitive is this to game updates? Am I on a timer here to try it out?
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Gilberreke wrote: EDIT: how sensitive is this to game updates? Am I on a timer here to try it out?
Honestly, I don't know :)

I hadn't played the game in around the year, but something caught my eye in the recent update (don't even remember what... maybe the auto-mining gear or something) and I decided to give it another go.

The scenario modding system seems fairly robust, if not very extensive, so the mod might last awhile as is, or only require small tweeks to update, but given the game is still in alpha, I really have no idea how long it'll be good for.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

I just popped this up on the Steam workshop if anyone finds it more convenient to install that way.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... 1078494770
Taleric

Post by Taleric »

Giving it a run, short on time so it will take a bit.

Already see it will be a moment to obtain my bike but the reduced pacing is enjoyable.

Curious to see the POIs and moon for the other changes. Thanks for the upload to renew the game :)