Children of a Dead Earth

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
DaveYanakov

Children of a Dead Earth

Post by DaveYanakov »

How?! How is there not already a thread for this title? It is at it's core a perfect blend of a theater scale fleet command sim and a heavily armed Kerbal Space Program in the timeline where you accidentally blew up Kerbin. Throw in a dash of From the Depths system building which is the real core mechanic once you get past the tutorial campaign. You feel like you need a degree in nuclear engineering to build a reactor module but experimentation is fun and the articles are available right there in game for research purposes. The trajectory tools are far more automated and streamlined than KSP but that's a blessing when you're trying to dodge coilgun strikes from a ship in a higher orbit. If you are looking for the most realistic space combat sim that has ever been attempted, let alone made, this is exactly that game. I am completely blown away by the design and the tutorial campaign drew me right along the learning curve. I cannot recommend this title enough to the audience which I know exists here.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/476530/

Ignore the reviews complaining that whipple shields are unwieldy. They are in reality a terrible idea and should be avoided in any case unless you just want to play around with the concept

Better is the enemy of Good