Happy new year 2017

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
AddyBaha

Happy new year 2017

Post by AddyBaha »

old traditions should be kept alive:

"Frohes neues Jahr" from Germany
MagikEh wrote:Placent Placenta Placenta! It's like beetle juice right?
Niyu

Re: Happy new year 2017

Post by Niyu »

Feliz Año Nuevo from Spain.
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

Feliz ano novo do Brasil :)
Better Than Wolves was borne of anal sex. True Story.
AddyBaha

Post by AddyBaha »

Bonus Esperanto:
Bonan Novjaron - mondo
MagikEh wrote:Placent Placenta Placenta! It's like beetle juice right?
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Happy new year guys!
Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

2016 was the year they started working in earnest on flying cars and a permanent fix for cancer. Elon Musk finally unveiled the roadmap to colonizing Mars. We were able to detect gravity waves.

2017, you have some big shoes to fill. Please kill less beloved childhood heroes while you do.

Sincerely,

Everyone

Gelukkig nieuwjaar from Belgium :)
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Atold

Post by Atold »

Gott nytt år from sweden :D
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Gilberreke wrote:2016 was the year they started working in earnest on flying cars and a permanent fix for cancer. Elon Musk finally unveiled the roadmap to colonizing Mars. We were able to detect gravity waves.
I tend to have a slightly more negative outlook on 2016 which is closer to this:
Spoiler
Show
So if anything I'm just hoping it doesn't get even worse :)
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

lol, there was a brazilian girl at 2:28 XD yeah, 2016 sucked a lot for us here too. Corruption was always bad in this country, but it's been at an all time high...
Here's hoping 2017 will be better.
Better Than Wolves was borne of anal sex. True Story.
Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

FlowerChild wrote:I tend to have a slightly more negative outlook on 2016
It wouldn't be BTW forums without me being optimistic and you being realistic :)
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Gilberreke wrote: It wouldn't be BTW forums without me being optimistic and you being realistic :)
Oh Christ, if my nigh apocalyptic form of pessimism is the new "realism", we are well and truly fucked :)

And btw, I did appreciate your positive spin on the year. I hadn't heard anyone even attempt that before, and I know it was likely through gritted teeth, so... respect ;)
Sockthing

Post by Sockthing »

Vill Gléck am neie Joer from Luxembourg!
Rob wrote:Sock-ilocks then tried the momma bear's pixel size and thought that it was just right.
BTW Community SMP Server: Discord | Sock's Crops: Thread
dawnraider

Post by dawnraider »

Just a boring "Happy new year" from the United States :)
Come join us on discord! https://discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Get the Deco Addon here!
Get the Better Terrain Addon here!
Get the Vanilla Mix TP here!
Get the Conquest TP here!
Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

FlowerChild wrote:Oh Christ, if my nigh apocalyptic form of pessimism is the new "realism", we are well and truly fucked :)

And btw, I did appreciate your positive spin on the year. I hadn't heard anyone even attempt that before, and I know it was likely through gritted teeth, so... respect ;)
Yeah, I didn't call it realism because I didn't want to hurt your feelings. 2016 sucked epicly in most regards. It's just... flying cars? Cure for cancer? Mars? I've never been this excited for the future of technology.

Also, remember that for us over in Europe, we've been constantly fucked for a while now. Without going too political, I live right next to Brussels, that, besides being attacked itself this year (my girlfriend works for public transit, they were blowing up metro stations as she had to leave for work) is also the place where they trained the people that did the Paris and Charlie Hebdo attacks. The refugee crisis here is a huge thing (I personally tried to a few things to help the 150 orphaned kids stationed here that the local population loves to hate). There's like a billion political things going on that are either a result of, or affected by all of those.

2016 wasn't that much more crappy than 2015, here in Europe. 2016 just had a lot of upsides too, so that's kinda what keeps me going. So yeah, go team flying cars :)

And the most important thing: all the crappiness just makes Mars look that much more inviting ;). I just want that cure for cancer first, because Elon called space radiation "acceptable".
EtherealWrath

Post by EtherealWrath »

"Happy new year" -from the UK

2016 got us a working hoverbike prototype. Impractical, noisy, and almost impossible to control- but it looks like a tonne of fun all the same.
Phantom screams echo through the ruined facility
A horrible silence builds an eerie tranquility
The souls of many innocent fill the air
The hope they all died with scattered down there
Daisjun

Post by Daisjun »

¡ɹɐǝʎ ʍǝu ʎddɐH

˙ɐᴉlɐɹʇsn∀ ɯoɹɟ ǝʌo˥
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Gilberreke wrote: Also, remember that for us over in Europe, we've been constantly fucked for a while now.
Yeah, my bad for linking the video I did, but let's not go there. It's a topic that has both global ramifications and causes, and about which passions run extremely high regardless of where a person lives.

I'm sure we'd all be at each others throats in no time if we began an open discussion on it :)
Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

FlowerChild wrote:Yeah, my bad for linking the video I did, but let's not go there. It's a topic that has both global ramifications and causes, and about which passions run extremely high regardless of where a person lives.

I'm sure we'd all be at each others throats in no time if we began an open discussion on it :)
Yeah, I agree that talking about the topic here would not lead to good places. We have an IRC channel on Esper just for these kinds of conversations btw, called #btwscum (icy doesn't like it when we talk too much politics on the main :D ), if anyone feels like chatting it up. Just wanted to explain why for us in Europe, 2016 wasn't as cataclysmic as for other people across the pond, but rather, more of the same with some silver linings.

Now let's get back to wishing each other a good year and indulging in vices associated with that act :)
logorouge

Post by logorouge »

I'm a bit late but... Bonne année from Quebec!
Azdoine may have wrote:Well, we are harvesting souls [...] Sure, they get trapped in a piece of metal, but at least they get to see the world.
darahalian

Post by darahalian »

Also quite a bit late, but Happy New Year from the United States east coast!
FlowerChild wrote:Remain ever vigilant against the groth menace my friends. Early detection is crucial in avoiding a full-blown groth epidemic.
TSA

Post by TSA »

Happy new year! from Portugal
LunaticToad
MoRmEnGiL

Post by MoRmEnGiL »

Happy new year from a frozen Greece.

This is for FC and the usual suspects :p
Spoiler
Show