Pokemon Uranium

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
Rob

Pokemon Uranium

Post by Rob »

Not sure how many people were/are fans of the franchise, but a small team of fans created a tribute to the game that is over nine years in the making. It currently sports 192 Pokemon - most(if not all?) are new creations - with 8 more planned for a future update.

Give it a look if you're interested, pokemonuranium.com

Link your Player ID if you are interested in battling and trading with each other. :D

Arrobee Player ID: 015654

*Currently their servers are very overloaded with lots of people trying to play. So multiplayer features may result in a lot of 500 errors. Hopefully the situation improves as time goes on.
kazerima

Re: Pokemon Uranium

Post by kazerima »

Looks like it's so popular even the download links don't work :(
FlowerChild wrote:BANG! BANG! BANG!!!!! AHHHHHH!!!! GET OUT OF FUCKING MY HEAD! HIRE A FUCKING GAME DESIGNER! Fuck.
Wafflewaffle

Post by Wafflewaffle »

Yeah i wanted to try this before Nintendo hits them with a Cease and desist, but all the links are borked.

Edit: QUICK! https://mega.nz/#F!0NdxkYjT!tEBeF_1I3tW_0QL7zEU8ow
Oh great, now nothing can stop the inbred train

Paradox Interactive:
CHOO CHOO!
Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

Wafflewaffle wrote:Yeah i wanted to try this before Nintendo hits them with a Cease and desist, but all the links are borked.

Edit: QUICK! https://mega.nz/#F!0NdxkYjT!tEBeF_1I3tW_0QL7zEU8ow
Yeah, what's up with that anyway, did they really expect it to last longer than a few days?
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

Aye, gave this a shot after hearing about it being released on nerd^3's postcast. I'm not a huge way in, but it's been good so far. Some of the new pokemon designs are a little derpy but nothing game-ruining.
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

Stormweaver wrote:Aye, gave this a shot after hearing about it being released on nerd^3's postcast. I'm not a huge way in, but it's been good so far. Some of the new pokemon designs are a little derpy but nothing game-ruining.
Not to mention that some of the designs for newer generation real Pokemon are completely derp.
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
kazerima

Post by kazerima »

http://kotaku.com/pokemon-uranium-creat ... u_facebook

Glad I managed to download a copy myself yesterday just before they pulled it.
FlowerChild wrote:BANG! BANG! BANG!!!!! AHHHHHH!!!! GET OUT OF FUCKING MY HEAD! HIRE A FUCKING GAME DESIGNER! Fuck.
Wafflewaffle

Post by Wafflewaffle »

I mean... if they really cared about nintendo whishes they would not have made the game? Its clear they are scared shitless of a court case and i would to. The fucked up thing is that Uranium probably served as free marketing for sun and moon.
Oh great, now nothing can stop the inbred train

Paradox Interactive:
CHOO CHOO!
CrimsonStorm

Post by CrimsonStorm »

I'm not advocating for any specific action, but as the devs said themselves... after you have 1.5 million downloads combined with wildly-available P2P filesharing and an in-game patching system, having a cease-and-desist forcing you to stop publishing the "official" download links is mostly just free advertising.

I downloaded it yesterday and have started playing it a little; it seems fun so far.