Jessica Jones

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
jorgebonafe

Jessica Jones

Post by jorgebonafe »

Another Netflix Marvel series. I never heard of this character before, just judging by the trailer. This looks really good. Specially with David Tennant as the villain. I really like him (also still my favorite Doctor :)

By the way, no silly costumes, apparently. That should put you a bit at ease, FC, if your confidence in Netflix doing Marvel series wasn't irrevocably broken by the Daredevil XD
Better Than Wolves was borne of anal sex. True Story.
ryoloth

Re: Jessica Jones

Post by ryoloth »

This looks really exciting, especially with David Tennant as the villian, I have always wondered what he would be like as a bad guy. (he was my favorite doctor as well :)
"we haven't had a fight since the last one" -Atold 2016
Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

jorgebonafe wrote:if your confidence in Netflix doing Marvel series wasn't irrevocably broken by the Daredevil XD
If someone doesn't like Daredevil, he/she shouldn't watch Jessica Jones probably, as the Netflix series are all connected, so eventually all the Daredevil stuff will connect. Jessica is part of a hero team that includes Daredevil and Luke Cage (he's the star of the next Netflix series). The Netflix series form a whole, just like the movies.
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Gilberreke wrote: If someone doesn't like Daredevil
I liked Daredevil, just didn't like the costume/ending. It was so spectacularly horrible it kinda blotted out the rest from my mind and left blind spots in my vision for weeks afterwards, but I did like it up until that point :)

Regardless, I think I'm just done with the whole superhero thing. Even the Heroes reboot failed to get me going after a couple of episodes.
Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

FlowerChild wrote:I liked Daredevil, just didn't like the costume/ending.
Yeah, I know, my point was that this series will obviously follow the same formula. It will be a cool gritty story set in New York, shit will get real near the end and a costume will show up. What's more, eventually Daredevil will show up, both in person and in costume and they will team up. Then Marvel will add Luke Cage, rinse, repeat, meet Iron Fist, rinse, repeat. After all that, will of course be a good 'ol super hero team, called The Defenders. So yeah, I love all of this stuff, major fangirl, but if the ridiculous costumes put you off, there's no reason to expect them to deviate from that.

Just out of curiosity, have you tried watching Agent Carter? It's more about alcoholics and strong women living in the 50's, who are being told to go to the kitchen, who then proceed to kick out teeth. Also, it's a spin-off from the first Captain America movie, which made a point out of pointing out that using costumes in a war is insane. Agent Carter also features almost no costumes, and if there's costumes, it's just distinct military outfits, not zany stuff. Overall, the tone of Agent Carter is less gritty (though it does have some grit to it, and when things get serious, they get really serious, with torture, etc) and there's a slight wink to 50's comic books, which were a bit more zany by default of course.
Wafflewaffle

Post by Wafflewaffle »

@Gil if it does go the formula driven narrative way ill just bail right now and save the myself the hussle. I really want marvel to get weird with their stuff, and jessica jones has some VERY weird stuff. Dark and gritty just doesnt make it justice. The guy that is supposed to be the villain in this is like batman-villain kinda good and it will be super (get it?) dissapointing if they screw him up.

Possible spoilers ahead!
Spoiler
Show
Isnt the black guy from the trailer Luke Cage? This would explain how he can beat master chief in halo 5.
Oh great, now nothing can stop the inbred train

Paradox Interactive:
CHOO CHOO!
Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

I'm not sure I understand what you're saying, also, I might be completely wrong :)
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

Just wanted to mention I've just watched the first couple of episodes and so far I love it. I wasn't a fan of Krysten Ritter before, but she grew on me... I like her a lot in this series. Plus, again, David Tennant... He's always awesome :)
Better Than Wolves was borne of anal sex. True Story.
MoRmEnGiL

Post by MoRmEnGiL »

David Tennant almost makes me rethink not being into men :P Must give JJ a watch, I liked Daredevil quite a lot (except that ridiculous costume at the end obv)

Of course I grew up reading DD, I didn't even know JJ was a thing until very recently, but I have faith in netflix.
War..
War never changes.

Remember what the dormouse said
Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

Wow, just wow. So much darker than Daredevil, I love it. I just saw the first episode, what a start.
AdmiralJonB

Post by AdmiralJonB »

I binge watched it over the weekend, and just to say Gil (without any spoilers), it doesn't really follow the same formula as Daredevil in the slightest, and very little crossover material. So hopefully you'll enjoy a lot more than the first episode :)
Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

I finished it. Loved it. Even better than Daredevil and holy shit is it dark.
AdmiralJonB wrote:I binge watched it over the weekend, and just to say Gil (without any spoilers), it doesn't really follow the same formula as Daredevil in the slightest, and very little crossover material. So hopefully you'll enjoy a lot more than the first episode :)
Very minor spoilers (as in, if you're not sure if you want to watch, feel free to read, if you're already sure, skip this post as it ruins a few small surprises concerning cameos):
Very little crossover material? Luke Cage is there for almost the entire season, mentions are being made to the movies, and one of the Daredevil characters shows up for an important part of the finale (that's not really a spoiler, don't read into it). So yeah, I assumed we'd be seeing a lot of Daredevil and a Luke Cage cameo, but it turned out to be a major Luke Cage crossover, with a Daredevil cameo, pretty much what I predicted, no?
Important to note for some people: no costumes this season.