Warhammer games at GoG

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
logorouge

Warhammer games at GoG

Post by logorouge »

Just a quick heads up that GoG just released some ancient Warhammer games, which don't seem to be available on Steam. I know there's some Warhammer veterans around these forums who might be interested since it's not just another dlc for DoW2. :P

-WARHAMMER 40k: CHAOS GATE
-FINAL LIBERATION: WARHAMMER EPIC 40k
-WARHAMMER: SHADOW OF THE HORNED RAT
Azdoine may have wrote:Well, we are harvesting souls [...] Sure, they get trapped in a piece of metal, but at least they get to see the world.
MoRmEnGiL

Re: Warhammer games at GoG

Post by MoRmEnGiL »

I had played the brains out of Final Liberation back in the day.. I absolutely love that game. ^^
War..
War never changes.

Remember what the dormouse said
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

I was the same with Chaos Gate. Tactical combat ala Jagged Alliance in the 40K universe? Hells Yeah!

Come to chaos.....
MoRmEnGiL

Post by MoRmEnGiL »

Chaos gate unfortunately was nowhere to be found here in Greeceland in the 90ties, all copies in stores were gone every time I went downtown to look for it.. Hard days before the internet and digital distribution hehe. To this day I have not played chaos gate, because later on I got a copy, but it wouldn't play on windows no matter what voodoo I tried..
War..
War never changes.

Remember what the dormouse said
caveatEmptor

Post by caveatEmptor »

Oh Chaos Gate, I played the hell out of it. I still remember a bunch of those cheezy lines your marines say when firing away. "The Emperor orders you to DIE!" I also remember it being relatively easy but I was a kid and didn't care about balance and things in my games, so it might have been just me on easy mode or save scumming or something.

I also played Dark Omen, the sequel to Shadow of the Horned Rat, which doesn't appear to be on GOG unfortunately but it looks like the gameplay is very similar between them. You command a mercenary company in a series of real-time battles of increasing difficulty, like the Total War games without the strategic map layer. Instead, you get new units as the plot progresses in dialogues in between battles and have to keep those units through the game, spending your income to replenish and upgrade them. Now that was a game I tried and failed to complete many times, the later battles got quite long and losing some key units could hobble you. Would recommend it for anyone who likes real time battles or the warhammer fantasy setting.

Edit: Removed anecdote about piracy, I apologize for that.
Last edited by caveatEmptor on Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Please do not advocate/admit to piracy on these forums. I personally don't care what you did as a kid, but there's also zero reason to mention it.
Ulfengaard

Post by Ulfengaard »

I (and probably a few others on this forum) received a 75% off coupon for WH40K Dawn of War II. Thing is, I already have it. If anyone is interested in giving the game a spin and would like the coupon, PM me. It looks like the resulting price would be $4.99.

EDIT: This is for the STEAM version, just so you know. I realize the thread is GoG, but it still wasn't worth making a brand new thread, I don't think. Tidy forums and all.
Awfulcopter wrote:...nothing says harmony with nature better than leaves that bleed. AMIRITE?
dawnraider wrote:I think we need to stop asking how stupid people can be. I think they're starting to take it as a challenge :)