Quackers Friendly Coop Server [Whitelisted]

This is the place for SMP server threads, and for general server discussion.
GunGuyGunner

Re: Quackers Friendly Coop Server [Whitelisted]

Post by GunGuyGunner »

razar51 wrote:Just saw the thread and I am interested in joining if you are still accepting people.

IGN name: razar51

I have been playing BTW since version 2.91.

My buildings don't really have a particular style to them and I tend to build my base on islands and underground. I tend to focus on the automation and contraption creation aspects of BTW.

I usually build my base somewhere off by myself but I like to "build where other people can see it" so you would definitely know that I am around. I used to play on the Leviathan server until it closed down.

I have not updated the thread in forever but some of my very old stuff is here: http://sargunster.com/btwforum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=947
Woah! Some impressive stuff there Razar :)
Sure I'm still accepting people in, I'll add ya to the whitelist. From spawn we have all headed East so you'll find a communal area there, it contains some basic ham&eggs, stone, few tools etc. Think we're saving the Iron for now but you should be Ok to take a few other things.

Enjoy :)

Btw to everybody else, sorry I wasn't on last night. Its not because I ain't playing, its becus I'm building us a communal storage area in creative on me SP world. Hoping you lot will like it and it will serve us well! Will come into the server and build it when I'm happy with it :D

EDIT: The building I was designing is HUUUGE but thinking about it we really don't plan to stay at communal for too long. After the Windmills been built in the town and maybe possibly the Cauldron, I'll be off finding a place of me own. I'll be building a smallish-mediumish storage building I think.
mc_dunedin

Post by mc_dunedin »

Some updates:

GreenOxy and I put some mushrooms in the walls of the base, feel free to harvest any mushroom you can see, they will grow back eventually.

I made a road leading to a nearby ravine (heading north i think). I started mining the place, but there is still a lot of ore, especially further down (it goes from surface to bottom strata). So feel free to utilise it.

Also there is a trail leading from spawn to our base. Single cobble blocks with 2 torches (1 on top for visibility, one pointing to spawn).
I'm thinking of building a basic shelter at spawn, just a roof, some chickens and pumpkins so that new players don't starve immidiateley. Or is that making things too easy? Your thoughts are welcome.

In other news, we have diamonds! Yay us!
GunGuyGunner

Post by GunGuyGunner »

mc_dunedin wrote:Also there is a trail leading from spawn to our base. Single cobble blocks with 2 torches (1 on top for visibility, one pointing to spawn).
I'm thinking of building a basic shelter at spawn, just a roof, some chickens and pumpkins so that new players don't starve immidiateley. Or is that making things too easy? Your thoughts are welcome.
Ahhh nice one Dunedin! :D
Yeah the shelter at spawn sounds good since we may still get some new peeps come in. Make sure to leave a sign to direct them to go down the road to communal :)
mc_isaac

Post by mc_isaac »

I'm just going to leave this here.
Spoiler
Show
mc_dunedin

Post by mc_dunedin »

I'm just doing a tour of exploring around the jungle. Came across this cliff... how cool would it be, to have a base in its side :)

mc_isaac

Post by mc_isaac »

Fun story. I looked away from the game to my tv and jumped into lava at the same time :`(
That's how you know you've been playing too long... That's my first death here but sticks to the normal either lava or wolves that takes my life...
GunGuyGunner

Post by GunGuyGunner »

So I've spoken to a fw of you regarding making a proper trip to the Nether and we all seem to be free and busy on different times and days.
Just to clarify when is everybody free free and is a good day and time for you?
mc_isaac

Post by mc_isaac »

For me I could do pretty much anytime on the weekend as long as I had a few days notice.
mc_dunedin

Post by mc_dunedin »

Afternoon-evening works for me nearly every day. the exception being this weekend, will be out of town until tuesday evening.
JoeTheLumberjak

Post by JoeTheLumberjak »

Hey there! I'm JoeTheLumberjak, but you can call me Brandon if you prefer.

I played quite a bit of Better Than Wolves for a while a couple years ago and really enjoyed it, and recently I decided to pick it up again. I just installed it and I'm ready to start fresh again.

I had a really great experience on a server when I last played, as it wasn't flooded with people and everyone was pretty friendly, and I'm hoping to find a similar experience. I'm pretty rusty with BTW, but I'm playing around in a creative world to refresh my memory. It'd be awesome to play with you guys. ^^

The buildings I make are usually fairly simple, but still better than just a wooden box. I'm not the most creative fella, but I like my house to look nice. I usually tend to build a simple house on top, then build a more complex underground network of rooms to hold everything. That way I can still have room for everything but I don't have to gather a ton of resources right away to build places for it. But I do make my underground look nice with either wooden or stone brick floors and walls.
nikl

Post by nikl »

Hi Guys,

i would love to join your server, too. I am playing BTW for a few years now, stoped for some time and found back to it a few months ago. I like what FC did to it in the meantime. Got killed by a cow (took me by surprise xD).

I am a survival player and love to build atomatic stuff and Farms. I usually build a small house and my farms above the survace and big halls with the technical thinks underground.

TS sounds good, i would totaly join and talk with you guys.

About me:
I am 21 years old, live in Germany and currently working on my bachelor thesis in Physics.

Sorry for this beeing my first post, i often used sarguster wiki and read some topics on the forum. Never had a reason to register until now ^^
Ingame name: Arvindir

Niklas
GunGuyGunner

Post by GunGuyGunner »

JoeTheLumberjak wrote:Hey there! I'm JoeTheLumberjak, but you can call me Brandon if you prefer.
Awww sorry man I haven't been on me PC very much recently so haven't been checking the forums. Yep your sounding good, I'll add ya too the whitelist! :)
nikl wrote: Ingame name: Arvindir
Same to you bud, adding ya to the whitelist now :)
I'll PM over the Teamspeak details as well

Welcome along! :)
razar51

Post by razar51 »

I think we are probably ready to kill the wither and soon after that go to the End.

I have a priest waiting for a star, 14 ender pearls waiting to be converted, and a spot in the nether to kill it.

mc_dunedin has the wither skelly skulls for it as well.
mc_dunedin

Post by mc_dunedin »

I would like to go forward with this as well, i'm really craving end-tech :)

Can contribute the aforementioned skulls as well as potions weapons and armor.
GunGuyGunner

Post by GunGuyGunner »

Well as you know, me, Zevil and Rakane are nowhere near to going to the end and yes it'll be unfair making you having to wait for another few months cus as you know we like to take our time and actually build a village up. Think our last server we managed to go 6-8 months before wanting to go to the end - yes thats how long we like to take! :D

We don't plan on taking that long this time due to others, so what we might do to keep things flowing is allow some of you to go off to The End without me, Zevil and Rakane and then when the time comes we delete The End and we do The End again. As for the Stronghold, I've read on the Wiki that there are 3 Strongholds in the Overworld and as we are quite far apart we will hopefully have different ones.

Does this sound like a plan?

EDIT:

Ooo by the way this will add another rule to the server - No Spoilers :P I haven't played The End in BTW so No Spoilers please haha
mc_isaac

Post by mc_isaac »

OH oh oh. Pick me, Pick me!

Please let me know when you guys are planning on going! I'm moved into my new house, and although don't have a desk for my PC, I can throw something together to join the expeditions!
I also need a nether star :)
mc_dunedin

Post by mc_dunedin »

So I moved a couple of villagers to my base to get some trading going. This is the cozy home I built them:

razar51

Post by razar51 »

Me and dunedin explored and found a stronghold and have secured the portal room and I have enough eyes of ender to open the portal, so we can do the dragon whenever.
mc_dunedin

Nether Groth

Post by mc_dunedin »

Whats you guys' take on nether groth these days? At some point i would like to plant the stuff around the nether mobtrap, but with time it would propably spread over to .. well... everywhere. This could seriously fuck up the nether for those who aren't as advanced in the tech tree.
GunGuyGunner

Post by GunGuyGunner »

As long as you lock it up it should be OK right?

An update for ya too, think us 3 are ready to head off to the Nether so slowly catching up to you guys. I'll let ya know once we've done our Nether exploration, that way you can link us all up if ya so wish :)
GunGuyGunner

Post by GunGuyGunner »

Got a little update for ya's.

Me, Zevil and Steve headed for the Nether last night but died within 5 minutes due to SOMEONE (not mentioning any names) got attached to a pig man with a gold sword and it all ended there. We'll probably head back in tonight.

Also I've noticed no one plays anymore so I'll probably give the MC Forums a try on getting people in - might be fun gettin' some peeps in who don't know BTW. I'll make sure they're mature enough, 18+ etc and make sure the servers backed up just in case.

Servers still open to people here by the way. Might possibly make this a public server before publishing in on the MC Forums.
Fhixer

Post by Fhixer »

Sorry I haven't played on the server much I've been really busy but I'll defiantly help out on the server as much as I can, But I need to get better gear Im walking around with Stone tools in the Village like "Uh....I don't want to go inside someone's house with out permission" but I shall play soon when people are on!
mc_dunedin

Post by mc_dunedin »

"I don't want to go inside someone's house with out permission"

At communal, you can use all the resources. It would be nice of you to restock the things you take as soon as possible. But really, given there is a crucible there, staying around and building up your personal supply of food, iron and hemp until you want to strike out on your own is not really that difficult.
razar51

Post by razar51 »

Sorry I have not been on lately. I have been playing FF14 ARR a lot lately, and then the steam summer sale happened, etc.
FerretFitz

Post by FerretFitz »

have been a long time lurker of these forums. Played with the mod since day one. started losing my fun in better than wolves and i was hoping i could join a server and that would re spark my fun. I work as a mechanic at a Canadian tire.