Quackers Friendly Coop Server [Whitelisted]

This is the place for SMP server threads, and for general server discussion.
GunGuyGunner

Quackers Friendly Coop Server [Whitelisted]

Post by GunGuyGunner »

Welcome to the Quackers Friendly Coop Server thread! :)

I launched this server back in April 2015 and since then myself and many other players have come in, built a communal village, built roads and nether links and of course their own places.
We have recently merged previous worlds into one massive world and have started making new lands 10,000 blocks away, making it feel like a fresh world with the option to return to our previous work! We are a friendly bunch of peeps who welcome all sorts of BTW players from newbies to experts, village builders to underground builders and horses to wolves... maybe not the horses bit.

Specs:
- 1.5GB RAM
- Hard Difficulty
- Large Biomes
- Europe Based Server

Rules
- You MUST have common sense!!
- No Griefing
- No Stealing (this includes overtaking supplies from communal)
- No additional mods (for example a map mod or hack)
- No building near communal or other players (you WILL be asked to move if too close)

If this sounds like great fun to you and you are a teamplayer then feel free to apply on this thread or alternatively if you are not registered on the forums then you can visit THIS LINK and fill in the form. Another option is to join our Discord server, tell us abit about yourself and I'll whitelist you from there!

Server IP: QuackerZ.ServerMiner.com
Discord: Click Here for QuackerZ

Hope to see you on the server! :)
Last edited by GunGuyGunner on Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:32 pm, edited 20 times in total.
Z_Evil

Re: Quackers Friendly Coop Server [Whitelisted]

Post by Z_Evil »

Just to add to this guys, I am US based and normally have no issues with connectivity. So don't worry if you are not a UK person trying to connect.
greenoxygen

Post by greenoxygen »

Hi, im 20 years old and I live in germany.
I play BTW since 2.?? Days, my buildings are mostly medieval inspired with some ideas of fantasy and steampunk.
Yes I do know what common sense is :D
And hope my english is good enough for this server, but i dont think this should be a problem.
I even think I could join to a little chat in the teamspeak :)
My minecraft username is GreenOxygen.
mc_isaac

Post by mc_isaac »

I would be interested in a small active community to play BTW with.
I love playing socially (when others are online or I know others will get online doesn't have to be co-op but can handle co-op).
I've been playing the mod since before HC buckets.
I don't really have a particular style of buildings, I like to experiment and do something different each time I build something. I've done aztec, medieval, tribal, townhouse, and ugly failure buildings in the past.
I am friendly, competent, rational and have more common sense then you can wave a shaft at.
Would love to join
IGN: mc_isaac_

Follow up question, is the world live already or are you going to plan a server start time?
GunGuyGunner

Post by GunGuyGunner »

greenoxygen wrote:Hi, im 20 years old and I live in germany.
I play BTW since 2.?? Days, my buildings are mostly medieval inspired with some ideas of fantasy and steampunk.
Yes I do know what common sense is :D
And hope my english is good enough for this server, but i dont think this should be a problem.
I even think I could join to a little chat in the teamspeak :)
My minecraft username is GreenOxygen.
Sounds good, can't wait to see your medieval buildings - defo my building of choice in BTW! :D
mc_isaac wrote:I would be interested in a small active community to play BTW with.
I love playing socially (when others are online or I know others will get online doesn't have to be co-op but can handle co-op).
I've been playing the mod since before HC buckets.
I don't really have a particular style of buildings, I like to experiment and do something different each time I build something. I've done aztec, medieval, tribal, townhouse, and ugly failure buildings in the past.
I am friendly, competent, rational and have more common sense then you can wave a shaft at.
Would love to join
IGN: mc_isaac_

Follow up question, is the world live already or are you going to plan a server start time?
Good stuff! :)
The world hasn't started yet no. I plan to start this whole thing this Wednesday night if thats Ok with peeps? Probably at 9pm UK Time.
I'm happy to wait a little longer if need be.
greenoxygen

Post by greenoxygen »

I am okey with this :D
GunGuyGunner

Post by GunGuyGunner »

greenoxygen wrote:I am okey with this :D
Cool, see ya on Wednesday :)
mc_isaac

Post by mc_isaac »

That's fine with me also.
I will be at work until about midnight UK time.
Depending on how busy work is I might be able to jump on at the server start time though.

Either way, I'm okay starting coop or on my own. =D
GunGuyGunner

Post by GunGuyGunner »

mc_isaac wrote:That's fine with me also.
I will be at work until about midnight UK time.
Depending on how busy work is I might be able to jump on at the server start time though.

Either way, I'm okay starting coop or on my own. =D
Righto :D

I did think about maybe posting this thread onto the Minecraft forums but that'll probably end up in us getting some immature 12 year olds in right? :S
mc_isaac

Post by mc_isaac »

Hey boys,

Just so I know are you planning on PM'ing the server details or updating this thread?

thanks,
mc_dunedin

Post by mc_dunedin »

Hey there. I would be interested in joining as well. The whole "we had an active community, people left, things got stale" situation sounds very familiar :-)
Playing on a server with a few people who are in it for the long run sounds really good.

Socially, I'm a bit on the quiet side, but i do like to help out and do stuff together occasionally like some big projects, nether-shenanigans, killing dragons, joint exploration tours etc.

experience with the mod
I have been playing on and off for a long time and I know how to automate most stuff. In theory, i know how to not die..

buildings you make
I don't really have a recurring style, maybe medievalish. I try to make things look nice and fit in with the environment. Also, i build roads. Lots of them. Maybe thats because i'm german, too. I need my Autobahn :)

IGN: mc_dunedin

One question: Whats the difference from normal to hard difficulty? I'm guessing more mob damage. Anything else?
GunGuyGunner

Post by GunGuyGunner »

mc_isaac wrote:Hey boys,

Just so I know are you planning on PM'ing the server details or updating this thread?

thanks,
Hmm good question - I'll post up the server IP here, as well as PMing you a few hours before. As for the Teamspeak server I will defo be PMing you individually the IP as it could lead to having some randomers in which is sometimes pretty fun but most of the time annoying :P I'll also keep the server switched off until we start at 9pm so we don't have an awkward no animals at spawn even at start situation haha :D
mc_dunedin wrote:Hey there. I would be interested in joining as well. The whole "we had an active community, people left, things got stale" situation sounds very familiar :-)
Playing on a server with a few people who are in it for the long run sounds really good.

Socially, I'm a bit on the quiet side, but i do like to help out and do stuff together occasionally like some big projects, nether-shenanigans, killing dragons, joint exploration tours etc.

experience with the mod
I have been playing on and off for a long time and I know how to automate most stuff. In theory, i know how to not die..

buildings you make
I don't really have a recurring style, maybe medievalish. I try to make things look nice and fit in with the environment. Also, i build roads. Lots of them. Maybe thats because i'm german, too. I need my Autobahn :)

IGN: mc_dunedin

One question: Whats the difference from normal to hard difficulty? I'm guessing more mob damage. Anything else?
Awesome! Are you and mc_issac related by chance since you both have the same starting name? :D
Yeah, me and ZEvil do play for hours on end when we get stuck into a Minecraft server, I'm not one for playing for a week then starting again or getting bored, love to keep my worlds going for months :)
We might be off for a little GTA V at times next week since it releases for PC but then again once you get stuck into BTW you can't really stop :D

From what I know about the difficulty I think its only the mob damage but I do like them as hard as possible so that further on down the line, the game kinda forces you to wear armour, build walls and use stealth in the mines :P Which I must warn you by the way, if you do happen to go mining with me over Teamspeak then keep your headphones down low, I'm a bit of a screamer :S

By the way, since theres gonna be 5 of us with our own individual places do you think it'll be worth upgrading the server to 2GB RAM? I'm happy to do so if need be.
mc_dunedin

Post by mc_dunedin »

Are you and mc_issac related by chance since you both have the same starting name? :D
Don't know about that, "dunedin" was taken as a minecraft login so i used common sense and added a prefix (yeah i really wanted to use that in a scentence). People on the last server used to call me "MC" though, thats probably going to change ^^

I did think about maybe posting this thread onto the Minecraft forums but that'll probably end up in us getting some immature 12 year olds in right?
Yeah right, don't do that please. I'm not even that fond of playing together with mature 12 year olds :)
But really, the kind of people you are presumably looking for are most likely browsing these forums already.

do you think it'll be worth upgrading the server to 2GB RAM?
With most hosters you can do that nearly instantly. I'd wait and see how it goes first.
GunGuyGunner

Post by GunGuyGunner »

mc_dunedin wrote:Are you and mc_issac related by chance since you both have the same starting name? :D
Don't know about that, "dunedin" was taken as a minecraft login so i used common sense and added a prefix (yeah i really wanted to use that in a scentence). People on the last server used to call me "MC" though, thats probably going to change ^^

I did think about maybe posting this thread onto the Minecraft forums but that'll probably end up in us getting some immature 12 year olds in right?
Yeah right, don't do that please. I'm not even that fond of playing together with mature 12 year olds :)
But really, the kind of people you are presumably looking for are most likely browsing these forums already.

do you think it'll be worth upgrading the server to 2GB RAM?
With most hosters you can do that nearly instantly. I'd wait and see how it goes first.
YES Common Sense haha! :D Thinking about it, asking the BTW community whether they have common sense is a little bit of a silly question as you need common sense to play BTW :P
Yes very true. I have found a few mature 12 year olds in the past but they do lack that common sense. Like going to the Nether or The End without waiting for everybody else first time around, seriously?
Yeah we'll see how the server handles us, if you do run into any problems then just gimme a shout and I'll check the server stats :)

Very much looking forward to tomorrow night! :D Quite nervous as well since I haven't fresh played BTW for quite a few patches :S
Fhixer

Post by Fhixer »

Yeah this looks interesting, if you don't mind can I tag along and help as well? the more help the better in this mod!
GunGuyGunner

Post by GunGuyGunner »

Fhixer wrote:Yeah this looks interesting, if you don't mind can I tag along and help as well? the more help the better in this mod!
Of course yes! The more the merrier :) Could I have your Minecraft name please?

Anybody's still welcome in, just leave me a message here and I'll add ya to the good ol' Whitelist :D
mc_isaac

Post by mc_isaac »

I'm super excited about this! I might even take a half day from work for it :P
GunGuyGunner

Post by GunGuyGunner »

mc_isaac wrote:I'm super excited about this! I might even take a half day from work for it :P
Haha sounds good! :D
GunGuyGunner

Post by GunGuyGunner »

Just a little update for you all! :)
Servers all ready to launch at 9pm UK Time so here is the server IP: 185.38.148.91:25572

I'll PM ya all the Teamspeak server! :)
Fhixer

Post by Fhixer »

Alright my minecraft username is fhixer yes my BTW name is so original compared to my minecraft :P
GunGuyGunner

Post by GunGuyGunner »

Fhixer wrote:Alright my minecraft username is fhixer yes my BTW name is so original compared to my minecraft :P
Righto.

Sent out the Teamspeak IP to all you lot.
Minecraft Server IP again is: 185.38.148.91:25572
GunGuyGunner

Post by GunGuyGunner »

Last night was super fun! :D

Did I miss anything after I left?
mc_isaac

Post by mc_isaac »

You missed a fun zombie spawner I found.
I got you a music disc! And some wheat so we have 2 cows now :) (for milk -> scrambled eggs)

Edit: and I brought over a stack of coal back :)
GunGuyGunner

Post by GunGuyGunner »

mc_isaac wrote:You missed a fun zombie spawner I found.
I got you a music disc! And some wheat so we have 2 cows now :) (for milk -> scrambled eggs)

Edit: and I brought over a stack of coal back :)
I think I can get over a Zombie Spawner :P
Ahh whats is the disc? :D

All sounds good :D I'll be on a little later after work :)
razar51

Post by razar51 »

Just saw the thread and I am interested in joining if you are still accepting people.

IGN name: razar51

I have been playing BTW since version 2.91.

My buildings don't really have a particular style to them and I tend to build my base on islands and underground. I tend to focus on the automation and contraption creation aspects of BTW.

I usually build my base somewhere off by myself but I like to "build where other people can see it" so you would definitely know that I am around. I used to play on the Leviathan server until it closed down.

I have not updated the thread in forever but some of my very old stuff is here: http://sargunster.com/btwforum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=947