H1Z1

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
Daisjun

H1Z1

Post by Daisjun »

Hey guys, was wondering if anyone has had a run at H1Z1 and whether it's worth a purchase.

All I've heard lately is a lot of bitching about the game being pay to win, without any constructive criticism of the game itself.
Katalliaan

Re: H1Z1

Post by Katalliaan »

Regardless of the quality of the game, keep in mind that you're paying $20 for early access to a game that will be free to play. Given that, I would recommend holding off until it's free, so that the only thing you'll lose if it turns out to be bad is time and bandwidth.
Open in case of fire
Spoiler
Show
Not now stupid - in case of fire
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

I have found that pay to win is a huge part of the way a game feels. If it's possible to purchase an advantage rather than simple cosmetic options, even incredible gameplay and mechanics will feel a bit greasy and less than excellent design turns into something unforgivable. As such, substantiated complaints of a pay to win arrangement get a huge amount of weight in my decision making.
Better is the enemy of Good
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

I was just reading some reviews on Steam, and it looks like the pay to win aspect was present, but may have been patched out.
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

The way I've heard it is that the whole pay-to-win drama was exaggerated - you can buy airdrops, but the drops are supposed to fall in contested areas so players fight over them. A few streamers bought them, the drops went uncontested, reddit went nuts.

At any rate, buying an early access version of a F2P title from an established company? No, don't do that.
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
Dralnalak

Post by Dralnalak »

My opinion from reading about H1Z1 is that it is a game that I won't be touching until a lot more development has gone into it. Recently, Massively called it a "boredom simulator.

I just can't get excited about the game when there are other survival games out there with much more content already in place. My thought is leave H1Z1 on the "to keep an eye on" list.