Don't Starve Together

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
emptychild

Don't Starve Together

Post by emptychild »

So beta keys for DST came out this afternoon. I've been playing it a lot with Tom who used to poke around these forums as well and we're having so much fun. One of the downsides of Don't Starve was how difficult it was to show your base or share an achievement with someone else because they couldn't see what you were talking about and world gen is always different. Kinda like describing how cool your ssp house is in Minecraft. It looks like everyone who put in for the beta should have gotten 2 keys so that's really nice too. Just wanted to see what people are enjoying about it and see if there are any stories of tragic ends yet.
https://twitter.com/FlowerChildXL/statu ... 5676872704

This just in! RTH to contain a TARDIS!
Spoiler
Show
FlowerChild wrote:But, before someone asks: the box will be blue. I like blue. It's a nice soothing color.
Taleric

Re: Don't Starve Together

Post by Taleric »

Finally was able to play some of this, very smooth. I am impressed how well the game runs and the little changes to accommodate multiple players are well done.

Our closest run in, just before winter, was the second dog attack at an inopportune time (hunting foot prints in spider infested area). I played a ton of Reign of Giants and it really hones yours skills so the base game is very easy.

I am excited for the additional features that are still on the way and love the wonderment when discovering the new content :)
myrkana

Post by myrkana »

I'm loving ti so far :) I'd always get bored playing by myself and never made it to winter. With DST I've made it through my first winter!

We had 2 tragic ends due to the hearts (the reviving heart thing, cant remember the name) the first time we didnt know it took some hp to create :p the second time we had the amount it took wrong xD We've started over 6 or so times to far(maybe more)

I can't wait til ROG is released for DST, I never got it for the base game but just looking at the wiki I like what I see :) also the expansion they plan to release for DST later on :o
Rawr :D
Taleric

Post by Taleric »

ROFL, I have seen so many deaths from the telltale heart crafting. I feel the recipie is a little cheap though :P
myrkana

Post by myrkana »

Taleric wrote:ROFL, I have seen so many deaths from the telltale heart crafting. I feel the recipe is a little cheap though :P
I think they made it somewhat easy (if you can kill plenty of spiders for healing/hearts) because if your partner dies and can't play (or say 1 of 4 of you dies) and everyone has to start over it puts a damper on the Togetherness, especially when ghosts cause sanity lose. But yeah it is pretty easy :P especially since spiders are pretty easy to get because
Spoiler
Show
you can use rabbit traps to easily get spiders :p

The revive penalty can be quite severe after you die a few times though o.o taking your max health down by like 20(40? in endless) or so each time unless you make the booster shot to counter act the effects.
Rawr :D