Life is Feudal: Your Own

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
kjbrona

Life is Feudal: Your Own

Post by kjbrona »

This game went Steam early access on Friday 09/19/2014.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/290080/

They are doing this game in 2 steps: single player to max 64 player servers and then an MMO. It will be full PvP with full terraforming/mining.
I would say this game is very much like Wurm Online but without the monsters.

I really enjoy games that give you the ability to mold your landscape and also have a lot of crafting options. I am also a big fan of Medieval/Feudal style games.

I am kind of on the fence with how they are doing Alchemy:
Every player has a completely randomized set of ingredient effects.
On the one hand, this forces every player to gather and experiment to figure out the different recipes. They wont be able to go to a wiki to look up a +stamina "potion".
On the other hand, ingredients having different effects for every person doesn't really make logical sense.

I like that they have a Hunger system where you can actually starve to death if you ignore it.
Taleric

Re: Life is Feudal: Your Own

Post by Taleric »

Pretty neat, I had seen a play preview of this where a YTber talked to the devs. The alchemy scheme is great for immergent play and might do interesting things to plant supply/demand.

My concern these days with multiplayer games are all the cheaters; They totally ruin games that don't invest a ton to keep them out. Even then team killing and meta gaming with multiple accounts becomes something you have to embrace or accept.

I would only sign on for stuff like this if I had a tight gaming group and my play is too sporadic/infrequent to join up.

I do love to watch the great play footage that I am sure will turn up without the hassle/cost of this title.
Nexus Trimean

Post by Nexus Trimean »

Im Looking forward to being able to play this (My Gaming Computer is boxed up for a move in a few days)

The Style looks good, and the Terrain manipulation seems very solid. I've been watching Ruinkind Stream it for the last few days. The game is grind heavy, but it works. Life is Feudal doesn't give you anything for free. I'm not so sure i like the skill system so much as it encourages multiple characters, but in a moderatlely sized group you should have enough people to safely specialize.

Its going to be interesting to see how PVP pans out, having both full loot and perma-death. I Played quite a bit of the Salem MMO, where the combat system in that game over incentivized destruction as compared to creation. Its a tricky balancing act and i hope they can manage it. While keeping the rest of the game enjoyable.
Larmantine

Post by Larmantine »

I've been following this game for quite some time. But 30 euros? Really? I've suddenly become reluctant. Probably I'll just wait for some reviews.
weldaSB wrote:Edit: grammer