Amalga: Co-op - V4.A1 Humpdated Camel

This is the place for SMP server threads, and for general server discussion.
Doms3Pugs

Re: Amalga: Co-op - Always 100% survival

Post by Doms3Pugs »

1- Doms3Pugs
2- I'm fairly new with BTW, but i learn fast and i am good at finding info on forums. Mostly, I've been tinkering around with creative. I've played many SMP servers, both modded and unmodded, and i like to help when possible.
3- Depends on mood, generally 60-75. (No, i won't spam cement in peoples houses...)
4- Either Friendlys Caramelot, or choco-chip cookie dough. Its really hard deciding...
morsmaestro

Post by morsmaestro »

While I'm waiting for my computer, I was trying to flesh out my idea. The cloud layer is too low for the proportions I had in mind and fixing it means I'll need 3 stacks of screw pumps before I begin. After realizing just how much iron that is, I'm starting to have second thoughts about this particular idea.

That said, I do want a challenge. I'm open to any crazy fantastical and imaginative ideas as to what I should build.

Galaxy, Serra, where are you located? I never actually knew.
GalaxyTreader

Post by GalaxyTreader »

morsmaestro wrote:While I'm waiting for my computer, I was trying to flesh out my idea. The cloud layer is too low for the proportions I had in mind and fixing it means I'll need 3 stacks of screw pumps before I begin. After realizing just how much iron that is, I'm starting to have second thoughts about this particular idea.

That said, I do want a challenge. I'm open to any crazy fantastical and imaginative ideas as to what I should build.

Galaxy, Serra, where are you located? I never actually knew.
3 stacks of pumps is just 2 stacks of iron blocks, I'd be willing to finance that :) Serra and I are on the peninsula west of portal 57
EtherealWrath

Post by EtherealWrath »

Wood is a byproduct of farming saplings.
If anyone has some spare saplings [oak/jungle]- I'm happy to trade you some wood (or rope).
morsmaestro wrote:While I'm waiting for my computer, I was trying to flesh out my idea. The cloud layer is too low for the proportions I had in mind and fixing it means I'll need 3 stacks of screw pumps before I begin. After realizing just how much iron that is, I'm starting to have second thoughts about this particular idea.

I assume if the cloud layer is too low you're going for something flying/floating?
It could be interesting to find an high altitude water source [mountain biome], and blast the land down- leaving a water tower suspended under your base.

The screw pumps wouldn't dent the server's iron stock, but you might be waiting a while to breed enough cows for the glue.
Phantom screams echo through the ruined facility
A horrible silence builds an eerie tranquility
The souls of many innocent fill the air
The hope they all died with scattered down there
morsmaestro

Post by morsmaestro »

EtherealWrath wrote:I assume if the cloud layer is too low you're going for something flying/floating?
It could be interesting to find an high altitude water source [mountain biome], and blast the land down- leaving a water tower suspended under your base.
Indeed I am. The problem is, I want it big enough not only for an entire btw base, but with room to spare. Ive already done a high-density one-structure base, I'm not going to build another right away. But with that size, and considering that the cloud layer is only 4 chunks from sea level, it'd end up pretty short and squat, which isn't what I was envisioning.

No mountains are high enough, either.
EtherealWrath wrote: The screw pumps wouldn't dent the server's iron stock, but you might be waiting a while to breed enough cows for the glue.
With my old auto rancher design, not really. I'm the one that breeds cows by the thousands. I don't have one like that, or a large wheat field, on this server yet, but I could build them in between mining enough redstone for the pump stack.
GalaxyTreader wrote:3 stacks of pumps is just 2 stacks of iron blocks, I'd be willing to finance that
The server must have accumulated quite a lot of iron. I've never seen that much legit iron in one place.

But ok, I suppose I have no reason not to try, then. I'll put some planning information on the bulletin board later.First today is cleaning the garage.
EDIT: Maybe I won't be editing the doc, not with a first generation iPad.
GalaxyTreader wrote::) Serra and I are on the peninsula west of portal 57
I see, you're on the grassy part and she's on the sand. It's a perfect spot for you guys. I'll have to see it when I get my computer back.
GalaxyTreader

Post by GalaxyTreader »

EtherealWrath wrote:Wood is a byproduct of farming saplings.
If anyone has some spare saplings [oak/jungle]- I'm happy to trade you some wood (or rope).
Exactly how many saplings do you want? I have 6+ stacks of oak I keep in case of a server-wide fire :P P.S. - I put the 3 stacks of screws in your metals chest Mors.
morsmaestro

Post by morsmaestro »

GalaxyTreader wrote:
EtherealWrath wrote:Wood is a byproduct of farming saplings.
Exactly how many saplings do you want? I have 6+ stacks of oak I keep in case of a server-wide fire :P P.S. - I put the 3 stacks of screws in your metals chest Mors.
Oh, thank you. Now I just need my freaking computer. Next week, maybe. I hope.

I think I have 2 or 3 stacks of oak saplings too, but that doesn't help much when I can't get on.
EtherealWrath

Post by EtherealWrath »

GalaxyTreader wrote: Exactly how many saplings do you want? I have 6+ stacks of oak I keep in case of a server-wide fire :P
What do you want for the lot?
(thats enough to plant about 4-5 chunks of forest. There area I'm planting is about 10x16 chunks)
myrkana

Post by myrkana »

If you want you can go to my base and theres probably a stack or so of oak saplings in my plant box :o it's on the first floor, leave some wood if you want :p I dont care what happens to them ^^

if you want the other saplings go ahead and take them too :) oh please feed the puppies on that floor <3 kibbles in the monster or animal box i forget :D
Rawr :D
morsmaestro

Post by morsmaestro »

EtherealWrath wrote:
GalaxyTreader wrote: Exactly how many saplings do you want? I have 6+ stacks of oak I keep in case of a server-wide fire :P
What do you want for the lot?
(thats enough to plant about 4-5 chunks of forest. There area I'm planting is about 10x16 chunks)
That's a hell of a tree farm.
EtherealWrath

Post by EtherealWrath »

myrkana wrote:If you want you can go to my base and theres probably a stack or so of oak saplings in my plant box :o it's on the first floor, leave some wood if you want :p I dont care what happens to them ^^

if you want the other saplings go ahead and take them too :) oh please feed the puppies on that floor <3 kibbles in the monster or animal box i forget :D
Cool, thanks. Which portal are you/how do I find you?
(I should really start annotating the map with everyone's name, my memory is terrible)
myrkana

Post by myrkana »

:p 52 look at the big mountain and youll see a tree farm on it, go down into there

theres actually over 2 stacks
morsmaestro

Post by morsmaestro »

I spoke too soon. I was told the case was closing and ok, but, "soon" really means something different when you work for the justice system. I should not have underestimated their capacity for taking their damn sweet time.

I'll be on in a few weeks maybe.
Doms3Pugs

Post by Doms3Pugs »

Doms3Pugs wrote:1- Doms3Pugs
2- I'm fairly new with BTW, but i learn fast and i am good at finding info on forums. Mostly, I've been tinkering around with creative. I've played many SMP servers, both modded and unmodded, and i like to help when possible.
3- Depends on mood, generally 60-75. (No, i won't spam cement in peoples houses...)
4- Either Friendlys Caramelot, or choco-chip cookie dough. Its really hard deciding...
Are you going to except me? i just want to know...
SerraNova

Post by SerraNova »

Sorry to make you wait so long, Doms! We saw that you had applied for several servers at once, so we wondered if you actually wanted to play here.

PMing you the info.

Also, Mors, sorry to hear that!
SerraNova

Post by SerraNova »

Hey everyone! We now have a steel beacon!

It's located just NW of the central nether chamber- you can reach it via either the west or the north tunnel.
Spoiler
Show
Right click with a bare hand to bind to it, and you'll return there when you die, from anywhere in any dimension.
Galaxy and I did most of it this week, with Topcat digging an enormous amount of netherrack for the urns. Thanks also to Bio, Myr, Rim, and Horne for helping.
Doms3Pugs

Re: Amalga: Co-op -Steel Surprise

Post by Doms3Pugs »

Is there any1 I can live near? I'm a relative newb and i would like some help. In return, i will share resources.
grimper12341

Post by grimper12341 »

Hi, I'd like to apply for the whitelist.

1. In-game name: grimper12341
2. Experience with BTW and experience on servers: Played on a few servers, and I've played BTW since beta 1.7.3, tho I'm not familiar with some of the more recent updates
3. Rate your maturity on a scale of 1 to 100: 80
4. What's your favorite ice cream flavor?: Gelato
myrkana

Post by myrkana »

just popping in to say hi :) I;m still alive :p due to work schedule requiring me to stay at bf's grandmothers for 5 out of 7 days because it's a 1-1.5hour drive one way from where we moved to I haven't eben on as much as I want to :/ but next week I'll be around more as I'll actually get to start my new job soon :D

oh and for the new peopel I'm at portal 52 please stay clear I have dogs D:
SerraNova

Post by SerraNova »

Congrats on the new job!! Seeya next week
Jess_the_epic

Post by Jess_the_epic »

1. In-game name: Jess_the_epic

2. Experience with BTW and experience on servers: I mostly play single player, and I used to play on a buddies private server, but it's been a while. I would say that I am "okay" with BTW, but I do forget lots of things. I feel that BTW is better with friends rather than being alone, so I wish to join. Sometimes, I won't come onto the server for a while (I gotta keep up with my growing steam library!), but I would eventually come back on.

3. Rate your maturity on a scale of 1 to 100: 69 (hehe). I Really like to make jokes, sometimes lewd ones, but I can be serious in others. Just do expect jokes. Lots of jokes.

4. What's your favorite ice cream flavor?: Chocolate. It's just soooo delicious. So goooooood. Soooooo gooooooooooood. sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood. I'll stop now...
Buldric

Post by Buldric »

1. Buldric
2. 2 single-player worlds, hit all the major points prior to the age of steel.
3. Is it okay if I don't do this?
4. I don't like to pick favorites, but cookies and cream would be on the shortlist.
SerraNova

Post by SerraNova »

Welcome aboard, Jess & Buldric
Jess_the_epic

Post by Jess_the_epic »

SerraNova wrote:Welcome aboard, Jess & Buldric
Wooo!
Buldric

Post by Buldric »

Thanks!

I stay pretty busy during the week, but you can expect to see me on weekends.