Amalga: Co-op - V4.A1 Humpdated Camel

This is the place for SMP server threads, and for general server discussion.
GalaxyTreader

Re: Amalga: Co-op survival UPDATED again Nov 1

Post by GalaxyTreader »

HardCandy wrote:Thanks and hello everyone. I didn't receive PM with server IP though :P

cheers.
oh wow haha. I think question 5 should be to remind us to give out the server info. I've sent the info, sorry :P
HardCandy

Post by HardCandy »

GalaxyTreader wrote:
HardCandy wrote:Thanks and hello everyone. I didn't receive PM with server IP though :P

cheers.
oh wow haha. I think question 5 should be to remind us to give out the server info. I've sent the info, sorry :P
No worries :) Could You double check if im whitelisted, can't join hence server is visible.

CHeers
GalaxyTreader

Post by GalaxyTreader »

HardCandy wrote:
No worries :) Could You double check if im whitelisted, can't join hence server is visible.

CHeers
I did whitelist you, I've done it again just incase.
bluechiken0funk

Post by bluechiken0funk »

1. IGN: bluechiken0funk
2. I have very little experience with BTW, but lots of experience with minecraft from vanilla to FTB and many things in between. I have also been a moderator on a couple of vanilla servers
3. On a scale of 1-100 i range from anywhere between a 65 and 80 depending on various stages of sleep deprivation.
4. My favorite ice cream is definitely moose tracks, with cookie dough as a close second.
GalaxyTreader

Post by GalaxyTreader »

bluechiken0funk wrote:1. IGN: bluechiken0funk
2. I have very little experience with BTW, but lots of experience with minecraft from vanilla to FTB and many things in between. I have also been a moderator on a couple of vanilla servers
3. On a scale of 1-100 i range from anywhere between a 65 and 80 depending on various stages of sleep deprivation.
4. My favorite ice cream is definitely moose tracks, with cookie dough as a close second.
welcome to the server our feathered friend :)
DiamondArms

Post by DiamondArms »

Hrm. You guys take newbies? My cousin was recently introduced to BTW and wanted a server to play on and get used to BTW. I'm also somewhat interested in making a comeback to SMP BTW.

I'll get his details later, but for the most bit his maturity is hopefully sufficient to not offend anyone. I hope. I haven't seen his vanilla server conversations much.

As for me, well I think GT and Serra remember me. I'll just reintroduce myself to be safe.

Details!
IGN: Wirerx
Experience with BTW: Since the HC changes, I'm up to hemp farming, just pre-windmill. I've played with steel and automation pre-HC.
Maturity Scale: Snark. Sometimes. 40-80%. Prone to loss of composure if after 1am in the morning.
Ice-cream: Cookies and Cream. Vanilla is a second. I like toppings.
SerraNova

Post by SerraNova »

DiamondArms wrote:Hrm. You guys take newbies?
Yeah. We figure, with the way our Spawn Recovery System is set up, it's a pretty good place for newer players to ease into the difficulty of BTW, and so we're willing to carefully give them a chance. If your cousin's a bit on the younger side or whatever, it's okay since you're going to be there to help with a some of the potential handholding. Or the potential offensive conversation skills, as the case may be.

It will be fun to see you, Wire! Funny thing, you're one of the few people who didn't rate themselves a "75" in maturity, haha, and yay toppings! ;) I'll WL you and send you the info.
DiamondArms

Post by DiamondArms »

If your cousin's a bit on the younger side or whatever, it's okay since you're going to be there to help with a some of the potential handholding. Or the potential offensive conversation skills, as the case may be.
He's 8, and not extremely fond of how challenging the early game is. I've had a tough time trying to hook him so we have something in common in MC. I hope he likes machinery.
It will be fun to see you, Wire! Funny thing, you're one of the few people who didn't rate themselves a "75" in maturity, haha, and yay toppings! ;) I'll WL you and send you the info.
Maybe part of being mature is being able to admit when you're not mature. I dunno. I know I'm not always mature. Funny maybe, but not mature.

thanks for the whitelist. I'll get in contact with my cousin this weekend and get his application details. I'll try to be on this weekend as well, although likely going to be on SSP trying prove to myself that I'm not a noob(even though I am). Early game is hard. having difficulty retaining integrity.
DiamondArms

Re: Amalga: Co-op survival- now with turtle!

Post by DiamondArms »

So I'm applying for my cousin now

Details
IGN: chin_wee
Experience: pre-iron. Have chickens and pumpkin seeds.
Maturity: 10-20% we're not terribly confident in that direction, but effort will be made. I have verbal assurance that no bad words will be used.
Ice-cream: Chocolate.

I hope he isn't too annoying...

His taste in jokes is unrefined.
SerraNova

Post by SerraNova »

Okay, I whitelisted him. 8 years old is a real stretch, but hopefully it'll go well. Are you planning to play at the same time as him, at least at first?

Also everyone: I'm going to wait until at least late this afternoon to install the A0F update, in case anyone wants to make any quick changes to their base before it hits.
DiamondArms

Post by DiamondArms »

Not sure if we're going on be on at the same time yet.

At least for the first time maybe.

I'm a tired 9-6 worker now. He has more energy than I do.
SerraNova

Post by SerraNova »

Hey everyone, we kinda forgot about Ryo's wolves in the tavern at Silverhold. There don't seem to be as many as there should be, so if you're downstairs, watch out, and please either contain or kill any that you see. There are gates across the tavern entrance now, to contain them inside if there are any there. *Fingers crossed that they don't infect the city*

Sorry, Ryo! :(
SerraNova

Post by SerraNova »

Several people with wolves are carefully handfeeding them at this point, so I think we'd better not visit others' bases unless they are at home, for the time being.

Since people who do manage to keep their dogs alive are going to be producing a lot more dung than previously, maybe we'll end up having only some people worry about it, and doing more dung trading. So far my one dog that's automated is fine, and the others died. If you do need dung I'm willing to trade! I suspect that it's only a matter of time before I let him run out of food, but I'll do my best.
EtherealWrath

Post by EtherealWrath »

I'll put a named chest of "wolf feed" next to my cages.
- if anyone wonders through then please do.

(thinking about how many people live in the HCS zone, it might be a good idea to mark your wolf location)
Phantom screams echo through the ruined facility
A horrible silence builds an eerie tranquility
The souls of many innocent fill the air
The hope they all died with scattered down there
morsmaestro

Post by morsmaestro »

Castle Thrym is having a special on mossy cobble. 4 stacks of moss for 1 stack redstone or 1 stack clay blocks. I have four of these offers (16 stacks mossy) up for grabs right now.

Visit the Castle Thrym Office of Trade Services anytime. Follow the signs for Castle Thrym down the south road.
Spoiler
Show
The Castle Thrym Office of Trade Services also sells units of 42 soul urns, 1 stack of broadhead arrows, and 1 stack of dung. For these trades, I'll also accept 1 stack of iron ingots or 14 stacks of non-cobblegen cobblestone.
ryoloth

Post by ryoloth »

SerraNova wrote:Hey everyone, we kinda forgot about Ryo's wolves in the tavern at Silverhold. There don't seem to be as many as there should be, so if you're downstairs, watch out, and please either contain or kill any that you see. There are gates across the tavern entrance now, to contain them inside if there are any there. *Fingers crossed that they don't infect the city*

Sorry, Ryo! :(
That is quiet alright, as long as the towns people are safe
"we haven't had a fight since the last one" -Atold 2016
morsmaestro

Post by morsmaestro »

So my house was raided by the FBI and they took all the computers in the house. God only know what my roommates did.

Can't say my life isn't interesting. Thrym's on hold though.
GalaxyTreader

Post by GalaxyTreader »

morsmaestro wrote:So my house was raided by the FBI and they took all the computers in the house. God only know what my roommates did.

well...I'd say that's a pretty valid reason for being put on hold :P
SerraNova

Post by SerraNova »

Oh my gosh, that stinks soo much!! I wonder if you will ever get yours back.
DiamondArms

Post by DiamondArms »

morsmaestro wrote:So my house was raided by the FBI and they took all the computers in the house. God only know what my roommates did.

You just won the award for "reasons I can't play"

Can't think of any good ways to top that.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

DiamondArms wrote: Can't think of any good ways to top that.
I got put on the no-fly list and couldn't get back home because of being erroneously associated with suspects in an FBI investigation that are on my forums? :)

Normally don't post in server threads, but DAMN...that's some messed up shit right there. Sympathies.
Bio_Logisch

Re: Amalga: Co-op - Always 100% survival

Post by Bio_Logisch »

Hi all

I would like to join your server.

1. In-game name
Bio_Logisch

2. Experience with BTW and experience on servers
I played on PK's and Erik's server.

3. Rate your maturity on a scale of 1 to 100
I think i know how to behave in public most of the time. 25 to 100.

4. What's your favorite ice cream flavor?
Vanilla with hot raspberries
GalaxyTreader

Post by GalaxyTreader »

Bio_Logisch wrote:Hi all

I would like to join your server.

1. In-game name
Bio_Logisch

2. Experience with BTW and experience on servers
I played on PK's and Erik's server.

3. Rate your maturity on a scale of 1 to 100
I think i know how to behave in public most of the time. 25 to 100.

4. What's your favorite ice cream flavor?
Vanilla with hot raspberries
Long time no see Bio! I've added you to the whitelist.
myrkana

Post by myrkana »

1. In-game name Myrkana
2. Experience with BTW and experience on servers 2ish years maybe? before all the hardcore modes really came into play. I only play on servers/lan I don't like plauying alone :) my playing amount will vary proportionally to if people are on ^^
3. Rate your maturity on a scale of 1 to 100 50-90? xD depends on the day and whats being talked about haha
4. What's your favorite ice cream flavor? ooo nice one atm I'm in love with this chocolate with brownie pieces that ben and jerry makes. usually though its mint cookies and cream (though its ahrd to find real mint, most use the crappy white mint which is like peppermint >..<)

HI Serra long time no see :)
Rawr :D
SerraNova

Post by SerraNova »

Hi Myr! It's a kind of quiet week right now, with finals, but normally some of us are there in the evenings. It'll be fun to see you again. :)

Also, Hi Bio, yay!

If either of you log on when nobody's around, feel free to look around the spawn town and equip yourselves, take food, whatever.