Undead mobs are being annoyingly flame retardant

If you're having problems with your installation of Better Than Wolves, or if you've woken up in the future and are beginning to doubt the nature of reality, here's the place to post about it.
DaveYanakov

Undead mobs are being annoyingly flame retardant

Post by DaveYanakov »

Does anyone know why this happens? Some of the skeletons that were wandering around burned normally. Another skeleton wandering around my yard started burning after I shot him with an arrow, then stopped burning and required a second shot to kill. These three bastards started burning consistently around the third swat with an axe.
Spoiler
Show
Better is the enemy of Good
Taleric

Re: Undead mobs are being annoyingly flame retardant

Post by Taleric »

Woah they are starting to evolve!

I will have to put a bunch of half slabs down like that but otherwise my mobs get crispy. Is weather a consideration? Looks pretty bright but desert storms would still put them out?
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

Bright sunny days. I've only had a few storms so far and expect this sort of thing to occur at those times
Daisjun

Post by Daisjun »

Yeah looks as though the slabs are the problem. Mobs don't appear to burn on any blocks that are half height just like they can't spawn on them.

Further info: http://www.reddit.com/r/Minecraft/comments/1hd5zc/

'This happens due to mobs checking if there are any blocks preventing them from burn, and since they are inside a block, they don't burn, this probably also happens with stacked snow and soulsand'

Hitting them flings them into the air and they're subject to normal burn rules, once they touch back down they're safe again.

Confirmed in vMC 1.5.2 as well, this is a vanilla bug.
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

Guess I need to push forward on getting the hoho installed then