clear glass

This sub-forum is dedicated to add-ons and texture packs for Better Than Wolves.
myrkana

clear glass

Post by myrkana »

anyone know of a pack with glass blocks that are clear? with no decoration or anything, just a clear glass block? trying to find one to replace my current texture pack's glass block with but most of the packs seem to have this weird obsession with making glass blocks anything but glass looking >...>
Rawr :D
Mesh

Re: clear glass

Post by Mesh »

I'm not sure of any texture pack that has absolutely no decoration, that would kinda make it hard to tell if there is even any glass there. However, Microsoft Paint has the ability to open PNG files, you could just open the glass file yourself and erase it and save it, if that's what you're looking for.
Katalliaan

Post by Katalliaan »

You don't want to be editing images with transparency with MS Paint. You need to use Paint.net, GIMP, Photoshop, or the like.
Open in case of fire
Spoiler
Show
Not now stupid - in case of fire
Mason11987

Post by Mason11987 »

Katalliaan wrote:You don't want to be editing images with transparency with MS Paint. You need to use Paint.net, GIMP, Photoshop, or the like.
And if you don't want to download anything pixlr (it's a website) is a good way to go.
Niyu

Post by Niyu »

I've always liked the glass in Tekei's texure pack. Sadly it's not updated to the last version, but I guess you can replace your current glass texture with his.
myrkana

Post by myrkana »

I like tekei's too but its still looks weird if you do a full wall of windows xD
Spoiler
Show
this is what im trying to make work :-p i know i used to have a tp that didn't have all those lines around each pane of glass. Think it was batosai's back when it was still updated (it's before the 1.5 texture update)

I used to use mcpatcher back then too, could that be what did it? if so how can i use it with the new launcher?
RalphKastro

Post by RalphKastro »

myrkana wrote:I like tekei's too but its still looks weird if you do a full wall of windows xD
Spoiler
Show
this is what im trying to make work :-p i know i used to have a tp that didn't have all those lines around each pane of glass. Think it was batosai's back when it was still updated (it's before the 1.5 texture update)

I used to use mcpatcher back then too, could that be what did it? if so how can i use it with the new launcher?
it was probably the Conected textures mod, but Battosay's glass was the most clean texture I've seen in a while
darahalian

Post by darahalian »

Yeah, CTM is what you want in this case, as it will get rid of the borders between adjacent glass blocks in texturepacks that support it.
Fortunately, MCPatcher is pleasantly easy to use with the new launcher, so getting CTM installed isn't hard. Not only that, but using MCPatcher to install other mods like BTW makes using mods with the new launcher a breeze (it does all the mucking around with versions and json files for you).
You'll want to get the latest version from their page on MCF, and then I think you can pretty much just follow the instructions they have there. Things to double check would be choosing 1.5.2 for the Game version, and to click on the MINECRAFT-JAR folder before clicking OK when adding the BTW zipfile. The patcher will make a new version and a new profile using that version. You can specify the name of the new profile by editing the name of the New profile in the top left. When you next start the MC launcher after patching, the new profile should appear in your drop-down menu, and running it should get you into BTW with CTM and the other MCPatcher mods installed with it.

This is the basic process I've been following to install BTW with the new launcher, and so far it's been working great. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask :)
FlowerChild wrote:Remain ever vigilant against the groth menace my friends. Early detection is crucial in avoiding a full-blown groth epidemic.
Rob

Post by Rob »

myrkana wrote:I used to use mcpatcher back then too, could that be what did it? if so how can i use it with the new launcher?
I wrote a guide a while back to explain how to use MCPatcher with the new launcher. Give it a shot, see if it helps you! <3

[1.5.2][GUIDE] How-to install BTW w/ MCLauncher & MCPatcher
Sockthing

Post by Sockthing »

What pack are you using right now? I could make you clear glass textures, that you then replace with the current ones!
Rob wrote:Sock-ilocks then tried the momma bear's pixel size and thought that it was just right.
BTW Community SMP Server: Discord | Sock's Crops: Thread
myrkana

Post by myrkana »

derivations :) also do candle colors have seperate textures? xD the derivations pack makes white candles appear black xD
Sockthing

Post by Sockthing »

myrkana wrote:derivations :) also do candle colors have seperate textures? xD the derivations pack makes white candles appear black xD
candles do have seperate textures. I think at some point the file names were changed, since that's also happened in the John Smith Pack
Rob wrote:Sock-ilocks then tried the momma bear's pixel size and thought that it was just right.
BTW Community SMP Server: Discord | Sock's Crops: Thread
Prof_Ion

Post by Prof_Ion »

I could give ya the glass from my rebuild of Batto's pack. Though you might need someone to write a CTM for it. Cause I have no idea how those work. :P
Kaitocain wrote: Snow is not fire, so it can still rain.
ion

Post by ion »

post the textures me and i can make the CTM files
Prof_Ion

Post by Prof_Ion »

Ohh yes I had forgotten my other self was artistic! Thanks me! (: will do when I'm free-er in a few hours.
RalphKastro

Post by RalphKastro »

Prof_Ion wrote:I could give ya the glass from my rebuild of Batto's pack. Though you might need someone to write a CTM for it. Cause I have no idea how those work. :P
is it completely rebuilt? because that was the only TP that I could use. could you send me too?
Prof_Ion

Post by Prof_Ion »

RalphKastro wrote:
Prof_Ion wrote:I could give ya the glass from my rebuild of Batto's pack. Though you might need someone to write a CTM for it. Cause I have no idea how those work. :P
is it completely rebuilt? because that was the only TP that I could use. could you send me too?
It is nearing complete rebuilding, I have some things to work on yet. But for the most part got it patched up. Batto told me he would update the thread when I sent him a link to the pack, but I can get ya "beta" copy sure man. :)
Here is the last upload I had, will get the latest stuff up soonish. http://www.mediafire.com/download/8ct6t ... -_4.62.zip
let me know if you find anything in it that seems off, or broken. Currently no CTM I will talk to some texture savvy buddies about that eventually.

@Ion http://www.mediafire.com/view/3gqpz1sp362dkpp/glass.png
mediafire link for glass.
ion

Post by ion »

nub, it's only one texture. there is no reason the write CTM rules for one texture. this needs texturing to make it look nice. about 48 textures needed for CTM rules
Prof_Ion

Post by Prof_Ion »

Well I ain't on artist I work with what I got, so if that means no CTM sorry I got nothing.

Actually I found the CTM file that batto had.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/3z3zv ... b5/ctm.zip
ion

Post by ion »

i have the batto pack myself also. i'll split the textures and make some ctm rules for 1.5.2. i'll just wait for OP to say if it's good with them before working.
myrkana

Post by myrkana »

actually i had loved battosai's tp and lost the link ion gave me awhile ago so imma just yoink it >...> though quick question: to use the ctm texture i need mcpatcher correct? do i have to load btw through mcpatcher or can i just install btw into the jar like i have been and use mcpatcher just for the tp? :o thoguh if you wanna help prof out and make the ctm for glass go ahead xD I'll use it <3

ion: have you made mroe progress on it since you gave it to me that time?
ion

Post by ion »

@myrkana to whom did you wrote?
also i don't know the TP that you use right now.
batto is 32x and the glass looks like this in BTW:
Spoiler
Show
also isabella has a nice clear glass for 16x:
Spoiler
Show
Rob

Post by Rob »

ion wrote:@myrkana to whom did you wrote?
also i don't know the TP that you use right now.
batto is 32x and the glass looks like this in BTW:
Spoiler
Show
also isabella has a nice clear glass for 16x:
Spoiler
Show
The problem is, Myrkana isn't using MCPatcher. So the connected textures from these TP don't help her.
ion

Post by ion »

then why did i split and wrote CTM rules!
myrkana

Post by myrkana »

do i have to load btw through mcpatcher or can i just install btw into the jar like i have been and use mcpatcher just for the tp?