The BTW Anarchy Experience Server

This is the place for SMP server threads, and for general server discussion.
GunGuyGunner

The BTW Anarchy Experience Server

Post by GunGuyGunner »

Hi all,

So a few months now, me and a few others have been toying with an idea to run an Anarchy Better Than Wolves server. Think of it, it'll be like DayZ but it will actually be Better Than Wolves. I've seen some info on a few other Anarchy servers on here and they don't seem to be pure Anarchy, well Ladies and Gentlemen let me introduce you to my Pure Better Than Wolves Anarchy Experience Server.

Here's a few things you may wanna do.
- If you find someone kill them
- If you find me, kill me
- If you find someones beautiful functioning Windmill, destroy the base and steal dem mechanics

Or maybe you wanna play the good guy and try to befriend everyone... Good Luck to ya! ;)
So as you can see this will be Pure Anarchy with no rules, the only rule being No Hacking or Cheating, that's it. Kill Everyone, Destroy Everything, the world is yours!

I plan on Launching this server this Wednesday 18th June at 9pm UK time. As soon as the clock strikes 9pm, the server will be open to everyone.

Server IP: 144.76.219.113:25600
Mumble IP: 148.251.21.49:65459

I plan on starting with a 30 slot player server and maybe upgrading if we get more attention. This server will also come with a Mumble server so if you need a place to chat then your very welcome to come in, hey I'll also create a private room for ya if needed! ;)
Last edited by GunGuyGunner on Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:26 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Yhetti

Re: The BTW Anarchy Experience Server

Post by Yhetti »

I will probably want to join. What are the conditions of being white-listed?

This is an experience that I have not had with BTW that I think would be very very fun.
RalphKastro

Post by RalphKastro »

finally, I've been waiting for another server for a long time now(since joshua's died, anyway)
Nobody is going to stay around spawn for much long anyways, so there's not much problem with there being no animal's in the spawn.
Hope this server doesn't die soon.
Edit:Perfect timing, just noticed it will be in the evening after my final tests :)
GunGuyGunner

Post by GunGuyGunner »

Yhetti wrote:I will probably want to join. What are the conditions of being white-listed?

This is an experience that I have not had with BTW that I think would be very very fun.
None at all. Just gimme your IGN and I'll add you to the list :)
I think what I will do is put all your names into a hat type thing and pull em out at random and say right your next.
RalphKastro wrote:finally, I've been waiting for another server for a long time now(since joshua's died, anyway)
Nobody is going to stay around spawn for much long anyways, so there's not much problem with there being no animal's in the spawn.
Edit:Perfect timing, just noticed it will be in the evening after my final tests :)
Ahh that's brillant :D And yes I hope we do stay alive as well, from what I've noticed of other Anarchys is that they are not true Anarchy, like they say No PvP or No griefing, mine... Do whatever ya want ;D Except Hack and Cheat of course. Good Luck with your final tests :)
RalphKastro

Post by RalphKastro »

RalphKastro wrote:finally, I've been waiting for another server for a long time now(since joshua's died, anyway)
Ahh that's brillant :D And yes I hope we do stay alive as well, from what I've noticed of other Anarchys is that they are not true Anarchy, like they say No PvP or No griefing, mine... Do whatever ya want ;D Except Hack and Cheat of course. Good Luck with your final tests :)
don't quite remember any anarchy servers that banned for pvp or griefing, but most of them would make quite an effort to hunt down the culprit's head for that.
Yhetti

Post by Yhetti »

IGN: Fatburger4

And I am sure you could tinker around with your map to make it so that all new players hardcore spawn every time including their first spawn.
GunGuyGunner

Post by GunGuyGunner »

Yhetti wrote:IGN: Fatburger4

And I am sure you could tinker around with your map to make it so that all new players hardcore spawn every time including their first spawn.
Yeah a friend said of this but in my opinion its a little cheaty. I don't really wanna go into creative or MCEdit at all, I'm heavily against cheating.
Thanks for your IGN, I'll add you to the list and give some more details the night before :)
Whisp

Post by Whisp »

I don't think the wave thing will be necessary due to hardcore spawn.
Everyone has more to loose than to win, considering the small amount of damage a fist or wooden shovel does and the resulting nearly equal amount of damage he will receive, when attacking another at spawn.
And dying once and starting fresh is also probably easier than starting multiples of a full day late (which is imo the only sensible option to avoid people not having enough time to prepare for the night) and probably finding no more animals around.

Another question, is the server backuped regularly?
Because since it's free for all after the beginning, I don't want to sign on one day and see that somebody with modified client and some kind of x-ray hack has signed one and destroyed all the well hidden bases.
GunGuyGunner

Post by GunGuyGunner »

Whisp wrote:I don't think the wave thing will be necessary due to hardcore spawn.
Everyone has more to loose than to win, considering the small amount of damage a fist or wooden shovel does and the resulting nearly equal amount of damage he will receive, when attacking another at spawn.
And dying once and starting fresh is also probably easier than starting multiples of a full day late (which is imo the only sensible option to avoid people not having enough time to prepare for the night) and probably finding no more animals around.

Another question, is the server backuped regularly?
Because since it's free for all after the beginning, I don't want to sign on one day and see that somebody with modified client and some kind of x-ray hack has signed one and destroyed all the well hidden bases.
Yeah, you have a point, thanks for the feedback. (Edited the post)

Yes, the server will be backed up Daily, I can even set it to backup every 6 hours if need be. Sadly there is no way to get past X-Ray hacking. From what I've heard, a modified client isn't the only method to it.
RalphKastro

Post by RalphKastro »

oh, just to be sure, IGN:RalphKastro

you can count me in on oppening night
GunGuyGunner

Post by GunGuyGunner »

RalphKastro wrote:oh, just to be sure, IGN:RalphKastro

you can count me in on oppening night
Haha cool. See you then! :D
Do we have anybody else on the opening night now? Open to all :D
Ozziie

Post by Ozziie »

Hey man.

I'd love to have a local server to call home :) I'm guessing the server is EU based?

One issue that's quite important to me is the topic of server map resets. Obviously I can't tell you how to run your server but I am interested in a long term home and would like to make sure the map will be the one we stick with that lasts as long as the server does? I'd hate to put a load of work in to have it reset in a couple of months.

I won't be on until 11pm UK tomorrow so I'll miss the launch but I'd love to be whitelisted.

IGN: Ozziie

Cheers
GunGuyGunner

Post by GunGuyGunner »

Ozziie wrote:Hey man.

I'd love to have a local server to call home :) I'm guessing the server is EU based?

One issue that's quite important to me is the topic of server map resets. Obviously I can't tell you how to run your server but I am interested in a long term home and would like to make sure the map will be the one we stick with that lasts as long as the server does? I'd hate to put a load of work in to have it reset in a couple of months.

I won't be on until 11pm UK tomorrow so I'll miss the launch but I'd love to be whitelisted.

IGN: Ozziie

Cheers
Hi Ozziee,

Thanks for your interest :D
Yes the server will be based in the EU. Its currently sat in France from what I know but soon it'll be hosted in the UK.
I do plan to keep the world long term as I too dislike changing worlds 24/7, I do get very attached to my worlds :3

That's absolutely fine, we'll see you then. I decided to just open up the server now so there will be no whitelist.
I wish you the best of luck out there. Be careful of traps and bowmen! :D
Ozziie

Post by Ozziie »

GunGuyGunner wrote:I do plan to keep the world long term as I too dislike changing worlds 24/7, I do get very attached to my worlds :3
Good to hear man, see you guys tomorrow :D
GunGuyGunner

Post by GunGuyGunner »

Setting up the server in a bit and will be posting the Server IP and Mumble IP here later today.
If you'd like your own private room in Mumble then just say and I'll have one created for you before we start! :)
GunGuyGunner

Post by GunGuyGunner »

Here we are folks:
144.76.219.108:25600

Type that into ya Minecraft list and get ready to join us. Server will obviously turn on at 9pm tonight! :D UK Time

I have posted the Mumble IP above. Me and me group will be hanging in the Minecraft lobby for awhile before going into one of the rooms to discuss secret plans. Feel free to hop in anytime and say hello! :)
GunGuyGunner

Post by GunGuyGunner »

Server Open. Come one and all :D
Good Luck
GunGuyGunner

Post by GunGuyGunner »

Is anyone else interested in playing some Anarchy? Not getting many players on, or if they do we all seem out of sync.
Is there a time when everyone's around so we can actually be cautious when walking around the world? :P

I did try to post this server onto the Minecraft Forums but sadly only people with Better Than Wolves not installed tried to join even though I said you NEED BTW installed in order to play on the server. Running out of ways of promotion.
Yhetti

Post by Yhetti »

I am going on for my first time right now, seems like no one is on though

Edit: I died a couple of times because I spawned at night, but then I was fine, and I had a little hole with 8 iron cooking in stove, sadly I was killed by two angry wolves. I'll probably go back on later, and hopefully more people will be on.
GunGuyGunner

Post by GunGuyGunner »

Yhetti wrote:I am going on for my first time right now, seems like no one is on though

Edit: I died a couple of times because I spawned at night, but then I was fine, and I had a little hole with 8 iron cooking in stove, sadly I was killed by two angry wolves. I'll probably go back on later, and hopefully more people will be on.
8 Iron? EIGHT IRON?? I only have 3 :P

Haha. Me and someone else are online now! Hope to see you on more :)
caveatEmptor

Post by caveatEmptor »

I've always been curious about anarchy play. Can't guarantee I can make it on a lot though since it's a busy time at work, but if it's fun I'll try :)

IGN: caveatEmptor
Yhetti

Post by Yhetti »

GunGuyGunner wrote:
Yhetti wrote:I am going on for my first time right now, seems like no one is on though

8 Iron? EIGHT IRON?? I only have 3 :P

Haha. Me and someone else are online now! Hope to see you on more :)
Eight nuggets, not ingots, and I guess I got kinda lucky where I spawned. I want to play on this server but we are just finishing up trading with our priest on my private server, so thats much more interesting to me right now.....
GunGuyGunner

Post by GunGuyGunner »

Yhetti wrote:
GunGuyGunner wrote:
Yhetti wrote: Eight nuggets, not ingots, and I guess I got kinda lucky where I spawned. I want to play on this server but we are just finishing up trading with our priest on my private server, so thats much more interesting to me right now.....
Oh yeah I know but 8 nuggets on the first night is ALOT to me! :D
Yeah I can see your point, villagers are very exciting creatures.
Z_Evil

Post by Z_Evil »

I think there are a total of 6 regular people, but we all get on at different times it seems. Even though it is anarchy, we would still have to find each other. More people just means more chances of bumping into each other.
frank2982

Post by frank2982 »

Can anyone jump in? I haven't had a chance to play on servers much and would like to join. Just want to make sure before jumping in even though you said open to all. My IGN is same as the forum name, frank2982.

Might see if my brother's might want to joint too.