Hat attack caused "hit the ground to hard" death message

If you're having problems with your installation of Better Than Wolves, or if you've woken up in the future and are beginning to doubt the nature of reality, here's the place to post about it.
Psion

Hat attack caused "hit the ground to hard" death message

Post by Psion »

Basically, as title said, i was sailing across the ocean at night trying to reach landfall, when a hat spawned right next to me and did an attack. instead of the typical being dragged off my boat to the watery depths however, i was instantly killed and was told i hit the ground too hard, despite being in fairly deep water and never having been lifted off the ground in the first place. was rather sad because i was nearly home. ;;

::Edit:: managed to get back to the spot and snap this quick picture of where i died. as you can see there's stuff floating where i died and the boat kept on sailing a bit after that due to momentum. would've gotten a better shot but it was almost sunset again, and i'd rather not play with the hats anymore... <_<;

Puzzled

Re: Hat attack caused "hit the ground to hard" death message

Post by Puzzled »

seems like the same vanilla bug in this thread viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8361 except with hats instead of wolves.
Psion

Post by Psion »

Im not playing hardcore mode or anything though, just normal.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Psion wrote:Im not playing hardcore mode or anything though, just normal.
So?
Psion

Post by Psion »

sorry, i can't access the bug tracker thing so i can't even see what the vanilla bug supposedly is. :/ I thought the issue in that other thread was some wonkiness associated with hardcore mode, but i guess not.