Co-op Survival Server [BTWPhillip]

This is the place for SMP server threads, and for general server discussion.
MiningMan

Co-op Survival Server [BTWPhillip]

Post by MiningMan »

I will be hosting a brand new BTW survival server. I am looking for a small group of people, anywhere from 2-5 (max 10), who would be interested in developing a new world.

IP: 199.187.120.126:25684
Host: Minecrafted.net
Difficulty: Hard
World-type: Large Biomes

Rules:
You are free to do as you like, as long as it doesn't negatively impact other players. This would include greifing and player killing, both of which will result in a ban. Try to give other players some space to build, if this becomes an issue it will be handled on a case by case basis. Lastly, don't ask to be teleported, spawn items, etc... I'm planning to keep the server strictly survival, and besides that it is a pet peeve of mine.

Server:
The server is running now and whitelisting is disabled. This will not be the case in the future. On Saturday, March 29 at 12:00pm EST the server will be restarted, the world file regenerated, and whitelisting enabled. This is to give anyone who is interested in playing on the server an even start. In the meantime, feel free to test your connection.

Application:
Post your minecraft username and a brief summary of your minecraft/BTW experience. New and experienced players are equally welcome, I just want an idea of where everyone is coming from.

I'm hoping that by keeping the player base small, everyone can have an equal say in the direction that the server takes over time. With that philosophy in mind, feel free to address me with suggestions/concerns.

About me:
Spoiler
Show
I've been playing BTW on and off for a number of years, since summer of 2011. I love the difficulty that BTW provides, but I've trouble finding people who feel the same, so I decided to open up a server for like minded players. This sever is set up in the way I feel provides the most challenge with hard and large biomes, which is they way I enjoy BTW the most. I've moderated servers for friends but this will be my first time moderating a server that I'm opening up to the public so this will be a learning experience.
turtlemuncher

Re: Co-op Survival Server [BTWPhillip]

Post by turtlemuncher »

i like this idea of small groups of people. i tend to dislike servers with a huge groups of players. i am would like to join this server if you would. I'm a mildly good player and have played for about 1 1/2 years. I recently got my friend from vmc to BTW and he's loving it (only reason I'm mentioning this is cause he wants to also play on the server) he's a mildly okay player but he catches on quick

Edit* relized i never gave minecraft username and that server is whitelisted. will send in pm
MiningMan

Re: Co-op Survival Server [BTWPhillip]

Post by MiningMan »

Sent you a pm.