Items after death

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Link007

Items after death

Post by Link007 »

Hey!

Is it normal that all my items are gone after I die?

Thanks.
Taleric

Re: Items after death

Post by Taleric »

Yes, same item loss behavior as vanilla.
MaxAstro

Post by MaxAstro »

Or to be more specific: Assuming your items didn't get destroyed by falling into lava, you have roughly five minutes to recover them after dying; this is usually impossible. The five minute timer doesn't tick while the chunk your items are in is unloaded, but unless you are lucky in recognizing the surrounding terrain and bee-lining them, they are probably gone.

The one exception can be a death in the nether - while it's the most likely to involve lava, it also means that your items don't get loaded (and the timer doesn't count) until you return to the nether, giving you the best chance to get them back.
"In the near future, the apocalypse has had an apocalypse."
woeuntoyou

Post by woeuntoyou »

Unless you didn't realize you were very near where you died, the chunks shouldn't have been loaded and you should've been able to recover your items. What probably happened is you died near your original spawn, and those chunks always stay loaded, so your items despawned. Happened to me a couple of times.
Link007

Post by Link007 »

Ah that sucks, why should stuff made out of stone and iron just disappear.
Thanks for the answers.
Prof_Ion

Post by Prof_Ion »

Link007 wrote:Ah that sucks, why should stuff made out of stone and iron just disappear.
Thanks for the answers.
That is a vanilla thing man. Not a BTW change your items always disappear in minecraft if you take to long to get to them.
Kaitocain wrote: Snow is not fire, so it can still rain.
darahalian

Post by darahalian »

Link007 wrote:Ah that sucks, why should stuff made out of stone and iron just disappear.
Basically, because this is Minecraft, not real life. Stone and iron don't just disappear in real life, but in Minecraft, stone and iron in item form are no different than any other items, and all items in Minecraft are unstable entities when not contained by something else.

If you try to think of reasons why things happened the way they did instead of reasons why they should have happened a different way, it can actually make the game a lot more fun. :) Instead of feeling like you got cheated by a game, it's like you're participating in a story where something bad happened to you, but you can overcome it.
FlowerChild wrote:Remain ever vigilant against the groth menace my friends. Early detection is crucial in avoiding a full-blown groth epidemic.