Ignis (Co-Op Survival Server) [BTW 4.99999A0C Marsupial?!]

This is the place for SMP server threads, and for general server discussion.
AngelWithDirtyHands

Re: Ignis (Co-Op Survival Server) [BTW V4.89PHILLIP]

Post by AngelWithDirtyHands »

Hello, I'd like to apply for whitelisting if that's ok.

Application:
1. I've been using BTW since shortly after it's creation, but have been on hiatus recently so I may have forgotten a thing or two. Shouldn't take long to get back up to speed though! I've been part of several anarchy and co-op servers over time, including the old official one; I also used to be a regular poster on the forums but of late I've not been very active.

2. I'd like to join this specific server because my IRL friend Shpony is already a member! I recognise a few names too, like GalaxyTrader from previous servers.

3. I'm quite spontaneous with the way I build my bases, but nowadays I tend to co-operate with other's builds rather than start my own large projects as I have less time than before.

4. Variable. I'm at Uni so it depends on how well I'm doing, and I also move around quite a lot so I can disappear for periods of time. Shpony will probably persuade me to play more if I disappear though!

5. My IGN is AngelWDH. I was considering changing it but I've heard there are teething problems I'd prefer to avoid.

Thanks for considering my application!
Spoiler
Show
Zen Proclivities wrote:Much obliged to all your devilish details FC.
...except for Hardcore Bucket, that one is a bitch. But such is life, and life says work for it you pussy.
rudik_za

Post by rudik_za »

Hello,

I really want to get in to some online, multi player BTW action and your server seems tick all the right boxes.

Your experience with BTW?

I played on and off for the last year or two. I spent quite a bit of time on the Better Than Solo server also.

Why do you want to join this specific server?

The ping looks good and for someone based in South Africa that's a good thing :-) Also, it's new and shiny. SHINY DO HEAR!!!!

How do you like building your bases?

It kind depends on where I end up. The last big base I had was underground and next to the sea so I had a undersea potion area and then there was a small pond that I re-routed to flow over my grow area so I could get the water to the plants below.

How often will you be able to play on the server?

I will probably play between 5 - 10 hours a weeke depending on how things go.

In-game-name?

rudi_za
erikdk321

Post by erikdk321 »

AngelWithDirtyHands, you have been whitelisted. There should be a farm at spawn for some earlygame food :)
Rudik, I would like to get to know you a little better before I whitelist you. I would be more than happy to whitelist you in some time though, so please do return :)
erikdk321

Post by erikdk321 »

Alright! With the new awesome update out, I will see if I can get around to updating the server today! :D
AngelWithDirtyHands

I noticed that the new update is up, and that in the changelog there is something about pigmen behaviour. I suggest scouting the nether tunnels before updating, as I stumbled across a couple yesterday. I left them alone because I didn't want to anger them, but I did block up where I think they came in (it looked as though a ghast had blasted a hole for some reason).
Spoiler
Show
...except for Hardcore Bucket, that one is a bitch. But such is life, and life says work for it you pussy.
erikdk321

Post by erikdk321 »

IMPORTANT STUFF
Server should now be updated!
AngelWithDirtyHands

I call conspiracy :P

http://xpaw.ru/mcstatus/

I'll try again later or tomorrow.
Spoiler
Show
grimper12341

Post by grimper12341 »

Hi I'd like to apply for the server.

Been playing with it since beta 1.7.3 of minecraft. I've taken a break though so I'm not familiar with some of the newer features.

The server I was on before my break from BTW has been shut down, so I'm looking for a new one with some regular players.

How do you like building your bases? (underground, city, houses etc).
Usually above ground in an extreme hills biome.

Probably most days if I really get back into it again...but MC addiction comes and goes in phases so I'm not sure yet :p

In-game-name?
grimper12341
erikdk321

Post by erikdk321 »

Sorry for taking so long to reply. Whitelisted and enjoy! :D
There should be a spawnfarm to get you started.
Washerion

Post by Washerion »

Greetings from Malmö, Sweden!

Been playing BTW quite a bit since early 2012, got deeper into it since hardcore hunger got introduced. Tried some servers and watched some of Mr Sweenzos and Viokis livestreams. Mostly played singleplayer where I recently got through the End for the first time (ever)! I like that the game gives me a challenge and that it's so entertaining and rewarding to succeed!
I've met erikdk a few times before on the livestreams and thought it would be fun to join in. I like the company and to build with others.
How do you like building your bases? (underground, city, houses etc).
I like building fort-like constructions and minor cities. Early game is usually underground though.
I usually play a few days every week. Especially when progressing or building on fun projects!
In-game-name?
Washerion
erikdk321

Post by erikdk321 »

Whitelisted and enjoy :) Out of curiousity, what is your twitch username? :)
Washerion

Post by Washerion »

Wahey!

My twitch name is also Washerion :) I haven't been very frequent on there lately though.
karnak sam

Post by karnak sam »

I AM KARNAK SAM!!!

I request entry to your fine server and hope soon to be enjoying the ups and downs of co-op survival. I have been told by those I trust and whom trust me that not playing minecraft multiplayer is akin to building pyramids that only you shall see.

I started playing around the time that the lens was introduced and got addicted to the works of battosay. After the hardcore modes began to be implemented and the mod became a total conversion, I have been hooked. I have fairly substantial knowledge of redstone circuitry and automation and know much of the tech tree and how to use what is at hand advantageously.
I'm honestly just picking one at random. I have no ties to anyone but maybe that will make for a great game experience :) I stress that this is my first minecraft multiplayer attempt and promise to do what I can to be productive and useful.
How do you like building your bases?
I like to pick an inhospitable area (jungle for instance) and "teraform" it to my liking, building up mob traps, mechanical works and such and eventually a city once villagers are available. I use hollowed out sides of hills until I can build out of more visible and proud material.
I play every day. My current game is in the late game and I want to start over so If I like mutiplayer over single player you'll see me quite often.
In-game-name?
Karnak Sam
erikdk321

Post by erikdk321 »

Hey! You shall be whitelisted :D Enjoy.
As I have mentioned before, there is a farm at spawn and a few chickens if you need eggs for your own food supply!
erikdk321

Post by erikdk321 »

OH MY GOD

Washerion and I FINALLY found a village!!!
Let the HC villager trading begin!
Spoiler
Show
We also found a dungeon and a witch hut.
erikdk321

Post by erikdk321 »

Oh god i feel so stupid for making 3 posts in a row, but I wanna say that I will update the server as fast as possible, also, the title is fixed :)
TheGreatIntelligence

Re: Ignis (Co-Op Survival Server) [BTW 4.99999A0C Marsupial?

Post by TheGreatIntelligence »

Your experience with BTW? Extensive Wiki research and forum lurking, I've never gotten past lower-iron tier ingame though
Why do you want to join this specific server? It's one of the few active ones I've found and it is updated for the latest version of BTW
How do you like building your bases? (underground, city, houses etc). Generally start in a hole and eventually build a tower
How often will you be able to play on the server? Almost every day
In-game-name? Can1s_Major
Saaaaaandviiich.. Saaaaandviiich....
erikdk321

Post by erikdk321 »

Hey TGI :) You are now whitelisted!
Resaul

Post by Resaul »

Your experience with BTW? I have been playing better than wolves for a little over a year now.

Why do you want to join this specific server? Just returning to better than wolves, well minecraft in general, from playing 7 days to die. I have hosted my own server in the past but prefer to just be a part of another servers community for the time being and this server looks pretty active.

How do you like building your bases? (underground, city, houses etc). I like building above ground large fort type bases

How often will you be able to play on the server? Most likely it will be on the weekends later in the evenings

In-game-name? Resaul
erikdk321

Post by erikdk321 »

Whitelisted and enjoy! There should be a farm at spawn and some chickens you can feed to get eggs!
erikdk321

Post by erikdk321 »

G'day!
I appologise for not being active here on the server at all here the past 2 weeks, but I have been busy with a couble of things, namely Team Fortress 2 and actual life and socialness :O
I wanted to get back on the server the other night, but unfortunately I spilled tea on my keyboard and now I need a new one (writing this from my laptop :P).

Will hopefully get on a few hours next friday :)
Yhetti

Post by Yhetti »

I'd like to join because I wanna go on a little tour of all the active servers soon.
My Experience with BTW:
Been playing since zombies still dropped feathers I think. I guess that's quite a while. I do some add-on code stuff for BTW and I play it exclusively (No vanilla or other stuff).

Why do I want to join this server:
Because I want to try out some different servers, and get to play a little co-op for once, most of the time I play on my own or with one or two friends.

How do I like building my bases:
I used to do them mostly underground, but now I usually start with a small hole, then leave the hole and build one big mansion, and later start building a small town/fortress around it. I like symmetry and I am a neat freak.

How often will I be able to play:
I am in college and I don't have much of a job right now, so fairly often. Maybe not much on weekends though.

My in Game Name:
Fatburger4
This may be confusing that I have a different name but I actually have two MC accounts because I purchased the game on valentines day, and got two for one, this isn't my usual account but I decided to use it from now on(even though I promised it to my brother) because it doesn't have a skin uploaded on it, which means I get to use the one from my texturepack, so the resolution matches.
erikdk321

Post by erikdk321 »

Hello there, mate :) Whitelisted and enjoy. If you are up for it, I could give you a little tour later of the server, just PM me if you are okay with it!
Also... Im really sorry for not seeing this post earlier, my keyboard was broken the otherday and I was barely at the computer at all.
Yhetti

Post by Yhetti »

erikdk321 wrote:Hello there, mate :) Whitelisted and enjoy. If you are up for it, I could give you a little tour later of the server, just PM me if you are okay with it!
Also... Im really sorry for not seeing this post earlier, my keyboard was broken the otherday and I was barely at the computer at all.
I'm probably gonna go on right now if you want to give me that tour. Sorry I would have gone earlier but I was playing on my world because I got all excited when we got done trading with the priest.
erikdk321

Post by erikdk321 »

Man, Im really sorry for missing your message. Im in my summerhouse at the moment and it takes minutes to load a single page. I thought it would be okay, and thus I didn't warn anybody about it before I left. I will be home next thuesday (i think)... Maybe then we can do that tour :)
Also, its probably better if you message me on skype, then I will see your message sooner!