Ignis (Co-Op Survival Server) [BTW 4.99999A0C Marsupial?!]

This is the place for SMP server threads, and for general server discussion.
erikdk321

Ignis (Co-Op Survival Server) [BTW 4.99999A0C Marsupial?!]

Post by erikdk321 »

Welcome to Ignis

Server Info
The server is hosted by MCProHosting, and has 23 slots. If you have any question please ask me (erikdk321) or Sockthing :)
The IP is 23.235.233.80:28300
Difficulty is set to normal and world is default.
Owners IGN: erikdk123

Rules
- No griefing, stealing or hacking (this includes cheaty minimaps).
- Dont be an arsehole to other players.
- This is NOT anarchy so no PVPing (PVP is enabled because i like hitting people :3)
- Bloodwood and groth is allowed and doesn't need to be enclosed.
- Blight is allowed, but you need to contain it and ask me for permission before planting the devastating plague.
- No night skipping.

Application
Your experience with BTW?
Why do you want to join this specific server?
How do you like building your bases? (underground, city, houses etc).
How often will you be able to play on the server?
In-game-name?

Please note that, if you are very new on the forum, and your post is a whitelist request, the answer will most likely be a no.
Last edited by erikdk321 on Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:35 pm, edited 22 times in total.
Sockthing

Re: Ignis (Co-Op Survival Server) [BTW V4.89PHILLIP]

Post by Sockthing »

Hey erik!
I think I want to play BTW multiplayer again.. and a new server with a new world should be just perfect for that.

I have been playing BTW for quite a long time. There was a phase where I stopped playing, but i think since v4.82 I have been playing very regularly.

As I mentioned above: It's a new server with a new world, which should be perfect for a new SMP experience.

I like to get very fance with my builds, but keep them overground. Starting from single houses I tend to add more until I have a little village at my various bases.

Theoretically everyday, but I will probably not. You can expect me on at least 2-3 times a week!

In-game-name?
sockthing

Thank you.
Rob wrote:Sock-ilocks then tried the momma bear's pixel size and thought that it was just right.
BTW Community SMP Server: Discord | Sock's Crops: Thread
erikdk321

Post by erikdk321 »

Of course you can join Sockthing :)
Sockthing

Post by Sockthing »

Thank you! :)

Sadly I can't be there tmrw night for the launch, but I hope you'll have a great time :)
Rob wrote:Sock-ilocks then tried the momma bear's pixel size and thought that it was just right.
Rob

Post by Rob »

Hey Erik, I'd be interested in joining your band of merry men. 7cet is 1est, which means I would be available for the spawn party. If accepted I would be interested in cooperatively building and surviving with someone. Not just running in a cardinal direction and playing solocraft.

Spoiler
Show
Application
Your experience with BTW? I've played BTW casually for the better of two years. I am familiar with most of the early to mid game content.
Why do you want to join this specific server? I would enjoy the opportunity to play a fresh server cooperatively with a few talented individuals.
How do you like building your bases? (underground, city, houses etc). I build similarly to sock, starting off with the hobit hole, but quickly migrating to a house and adding more buildings for each new tech as they become available.
How often will you be able to play on the server? I can't promise daily activity, but it will be frequent enough to not cause suspicion of my death.
In-game-name? alexkrupski
Sockthing

Post by Sockthing »

A big community town would be nice!
Where everyone contributes with different things. Maybe shops and selling/trading different items? Could be nice!
erikdk321

Post by erikdk321 »

Funny you guys are talking about a community town, Aradanwen and I have been talking about such a thing even before i had the server, so when we get the resources it will definitelty be a thing :)
Unfortunatly neither of us are good medieval builders, so we might need your help Sockthing :)

Whitelisted, rob :D
Last edited by erikdk321 on Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
GalaxyTreader

Post by GalaxyTreader »

Your experience with BTW? I've made it up to beacons, nether traps and rail systems.
Why do you want to join this specific server? My favorite part of helping a server out is during the early game, and exploring a new map is very fun.
How do you like building your bases? (underground, city, houses etc). It depends on the area I choose to set up at, and what fits that place best. My favorite so far has been city building.
How often will you be able to play on the server? For the most part daily, maybe an hour or so. Might only be able to get on every other day though.
In-game-name? GalaxyTreader
I won't be able to play tomorrow at the opening, but I'll be able to play a lot this weekend. Hopefully I won't die and get spawned 1000 blocks away from the group.
erikdk321

Post by erikdk321 »

Whitelisted :)
Im extremely happy so many people are joining, i really wasn't expecting this, so thanks!
Rob

Post by Rob »

I'm curious to if there will be a TS or some such program used for easier communication. No pressure if there isn't. How many people are we expecting at start up?

Also, is there an aesthetic theme we want to stick to? (This question might be more geared toward sock.) Medieval is what I'm most comfortable with, but I'm up for learning new techniques. A new building style is only a few youtube videos away. ;)
SerraNova

Post by SerraNova »

Hi Erik, sounds fun, especially the early-game cooperation that you're planning.

Your experience with BTW? I've been playing a lot since the summer, off and on before that, including early game as well as late-game automation, etc.

Why do you want to join this specific server? I've been pretty independent on my current server, and it sounds fun to do some early game stuff again and to cooperate more closely with others.

How do you like building your bases? I usually start underground to just survive, but after that I like to build groups of small to medium things aboveground. Traditional, modern, and other styles are fun, and I especially like interior decorating.

How often will you be able to play on the server? I play BTW pretty much every day, so although I'll still be spending time on my current server, I'd probably be around most days to pitch in, especially when others are there. :)

In-game-name? SerraNova
danielngtiger

Post by danielngtiger »

I am interested in joining Ignis.

Your experience with BTW? I have gotten to the end of the tech-tree before hardcore modes. Since then, I am up to the end of the iron age, but haven't explored the nether much.

Why do you want to join this specific server? Ignis interests me primarily as a newly formed BTW server. I have had interest in other servers previously, but when I joined, much area was already settled and I felt like a spectator rather than a player. Hopefully that isn't the case here.

How do you like building your bases? (underground, city, houses etc). I start my base underground, and depending on the terrain, it often stays there for a while. I generally gradually move to a walled city layout as my space needs expand.

How often will you be able to play on the server? Approximately every other day, for 2-3 hours, varying with life, of course.

In-game-name? danielngtiger

I will not be able to make it for the launch, but should on several hours after, if anyone is still there.
Light travels faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright before you hear them speak.
AddyBaha

Post by AddyBaha »

Hi, nice to see a fresh server. Would like to join the party.

I'm playing BTW for about a year and a half now. Way better at mid and late game tend to struggel a bit early game.
I personal don't want to join a well build server but instead want to see it progress through all stages. Most servers are way to advanced Tech-Tree wise for me to be fun starting out fresh
Mostly underground with a tower like building on top marking the entrance and making it vissible from about half renderdistance away.
Probably only on the weekend but I will stay several hours each join
In-game-name?
AddyBaha

P.S.: not sure if I can join the spawn party - I'm really bad with timezones - can someone tell wich time it's for gtm+1(germany)?
MagikEh wrote:Placent Placenta Placenta! It's like beetle juice right?
Sockthing

Post by Sockthing »

AddyBaha wrote:P.S.: not sure if I can join the spawn party - I'm really bad with timezones - can someone tell wich time it's for gtm+1(germany)?
CET is Central European Time, so that is Germany's and most of Europe's time zone ;) So 9PM :)
erikdk321

Post by erikdk321 »

Whitelisted Serra, Daniel and Addy!
Also, Rob i would love to have a TS server, but i simply dont have the money or the time, so if anyone could get a TS server up 'n running that'd be great!
SerraNova

Post by SerraNova »

I also will be late to the launch, probably like three hours. If the main party is winding down by then, please do let us late people know how things stand and what the current goals are before you go.
eternal8phoenix

Post by eternal8phoenix »

A quick question before I apply....Is it strict no PvP or PvP by mutual consent? So if 2 people both felt the need to settle things by duel or if I ask someone else to kill me because [insert reason here] is that ok?
Sockthing

Post by Sockthing »

Concerning a way of communication, I might be able to get a TS server set up. But I cant promise anything.
But for tonight why dont we setup a skype group?
erikdk321

Post by erikdk321 »

eternal8phoenix wrote:A quick question before I apply....Is it strict no PvP or PvP by mutual consent? So if 2 people both felt the need to settle things by duel or if I ask someone else to kill me because [insert reason here] is that ok?
Sure, you can PVP with people if they're okay with it.
Rob

Post by Rob »

Sockthing wrote:Concerning a way of communication, I might be able to get a TS server set up. But I cant promise anything.
But for tonight why dont we setup a skype group?
Yeah, I was thinking if the group was small, Skype would be sufficient.
eternal8phoenix

Post by eternal8phoenix »

Thanks for a quick reply. I think in that case, I'll apply.

Been playing a few hours every other day since 4.42 and have a lot of experience from early game to crucible tech, but not very much beyond.

It's a fresh new server, in Europe so there's a decent chance I'll be online at the same time as someone else(I'm GMT). I've been debating joining a server for a while since I like playing MC with friends, but my boyfriend won't play BTW and vanilla seems too easy now.

I like to start with a hobbit-hole which become the basement of my house, and a small town builds up around it. Different buildings for different purposes, you know? Usually with a semi-medieval aesthetic.

Likely a few hours most days, although weekends will have less playtime. (Uni student, with projects that need doing)

In-game-name? eternal8phoenix

I might be able to make the launch tonight, but it happens right around the time I'm having my dinner :P Will be on after though, if you whitelist me.
Bio_Logisch

Post by Bio_Logisch »

Hi

about 18 months now.

Started my first multiplayer btw a little more than a month ago on PK420's server. I would like to experience early game in multiplayer.

Stone brick, houses with different functionality's.

At least once a week, probably more.

In-game-name?
Bio_Logisch

Thank you for considering my application.
Bio
erikdk321

Post by erikdk321 »

Whitelisted!
Rob

Post by Rob »

If my google search is correct, it's 6:30pm cet right now. I'm all up for Skype if anyone wants to PM me for my details.
erikdk321

Post by erikdk321 »

I have no problem with saying hello and stuff when we start, but soon after ill be leaving the chat and joining another with a few friends :)