Vanny's BTW Lp

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
CreeperCannibal

Vanny's BTW Lp

Post by CreeperCannibal »

I was looking for new BTW videos when I stumbled across this. He's very ameture to LPing and knows nothing about Better Than Wolves. He also sounds really young, like too young to understand the mod and play it without calling it quits.
Spoiler
Show
The video is full of him using his whole day looking for a nice place to build his home. Not sure if he's going to take the looming failure well given how he complained so much about lag throughout the video.
"Kneel says the demon light
With its eye of coal
Sauron knows your license plate
And stares into your soul"
erikdk321

Re: Vanny's BTW Lp

Post by erikdk321 »

He should really turn down his renderdistance... That would probably help on the lag, that or get a better pc xD
It annoys me alittle that hes complaining about the lag like it was the mods fault. The fact that he was talking about how we was gonna chat made me lol, pretty funny that he thinks people would wanna watch him cheat xD

Im gonna subscribe to him so if im feeling bad i can watch his new episode and end up laughing.
Dale

Post by Dale »

If I made a recording it would lag moar..
DaveYanakov "Animals spawn in tall grass because pokemans"...
erikdk321

Post by erikdk321 »

Really? I thought your computer was descent.
kingcharlesiii

Post by kingcharlesiii »

This is so cute
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

I love how this 9/10 year old kid is saying that he won't bother explaining how to install the mod, because its really simple XD A nice slap in the face of all those people complaining in the MCF forums that there should be an automatic installer cause its way to hard to install this mod.......
Better Than Wolves was borne of anal sex. True Story.
Gunnerman21

Post by Gunnerman21 »

I actually get pretty sad watching people play something they know nothing about :( I watch videos to only learn things, not to watch someone else learn something I already know. It's like watching Direwolf20 struggle to figure out a simple vanilla function.
Spoiler
Show
I am... THE TAXI MAN.
erikdk321

Post by erikdk321 »

I have very mixed feelings abouts stuff like that. I get mad at people that have been playing Minecraft for years and dont know simple things about the game (like you do with direwolf), but i dont get mad a newbies because they have an excuse of being shit and sometimes it can be quite funny watching someone shearing creepers for the first time.
Rob

Post by Rob »

It would appear he's on a laptop, using a mouse pad. Which would explain the yellow circle around the reticle occasionally. He's probably used to forge mods, which allow the use of Optifine. So as far as his inexperience allows him to understand, BTW is causing his lag. Even if that's false. Recording is also a major resource hog, causing extra lag. I don't see this LP going on for very long, not because of his age, but because he has already resolved to cheating when it gets hard.
erikdk321

Post by erikdk321 »

Very true, i kinda want to see how hes gonna cheat though. Is it simple things like stone tools and building blocks or is it hibachis and refined tools?
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

It's pretty straightforward on the performance guys. He states right at the beginning that he's using new video recording software that's causing it.
Rob wrote:He's probably used to forge mods, which allow the use of Optifine.
Man, if you have any evidence to actually suggest performance is better on a Forge install, please do tell. However, please don't just theorize with stuff like this as it's how nasty rumors get started.
HavokSCOUT

Post by HavokSCOUT »

That ending was awesome. "Should I use Oak or Jungle? Jungle sounds good." If this lasts more than next episode, I will be shocked and amazed.
Spoiler
Show
Brony, and proud of it
CheGiuAn wrote:ppl should have faith, not religion....
Katalliaan wrote:It's a tech shrub, more like
MagikEh wrote: D: THE SEEKRET OF SYRUPEY BEAVER NIPPLES HAS BEEN EXPOSED!!! ABORT~!~!
Sinornithosaurus

Post by Sinornithosaurus »

FlowerChild wrote:
Man, if you have any evidence to actually suggest performance is better on a Forge install, please do tell. However, please don't just theorize with stuff like this as it's how nasty rumors get started.
I think he's saying that performance is better on a Forge install because of Optifine, not Forge itself.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Sinornithosaurus wrote:I think he's saying that performance is better on a Forge install because of Optifine, not Forge itself.
Yes, I am aware.
LupusExMachina

Post by LupusExMachina »

FlowerChild wrote:It's pretty straightforward on the performance guys. He states right at the beginning that he's using new video recording software that's causing it.
Optifine offers a lot of tweakable settings, like disabling fog for instance. I get pretty major fps boosts from using it and tweaking it to my systems needs. It makes the difference between playable and not.

What should be noted though is, that the laptop I am using it on has no dedicated graphics card and instead uses an intel onboard graphics chip. I assume it is a rather uncommon setup.
Rob

Post by Rob »

FlowerChild wrote:
Spoiler
Show
It's pretty straightforward on the performance guys. He states right at the beginning that he's using new video recording software that's causing it.
I must have missed that statement about him blaming the recording software completely for his lag issues.

As far as the evidence, all I have is my own, probably outdated, experience with my budget 2 year old computer using integrated graphics. I don't want to add fuel to any Rumor mills. So I'll stop any speculation I was just about to defend myself with. Because I'm sure it would make me look foolish. lol