한국어 어려워요....

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
Panda

한국어 어려워요....

Post by Panda »

Gahhh so for the past couple of weeks ive been learning to speak Korean so i can communicate with my girlfriend better (shes Korean, and no i haven't beat her father at starcraft yet).... its hard learning a new language but im really enjoying the Korean alphabet. :)
It has less letters than the English alphabet which makes reading it a snap, not that i know what im saying most of the time but.

So out of all the users here are any of you first or second generation Koreans? I might be looking for a study buddy. :D
also the top says "Korean is difficult." Sorry Flower ill change it if need be :) Its in Korean though!
Never say no to Panda.
Ribky

Re: 한국어 어려워요....

Post by Ribky »

I was a Korean translator in the Air Force if that helps :P

내가 도울 수 있어!

But I'm a smidgen out of practice. So if you want any help, it'd help me too. I still have all my workbooks buried somewhere if you think those would help too. I'm not sure what level of fluency you are at, but I could definitely help with basics, vocab and grammar patterns. Just let me know
The spice must flow...

[03:28] <Detritus_> Weird, I'm still logged in her
Sarelth

Post by Sarelth »

I in no way have a clue about Korean, but I have been playing around with some of the Pimsluer language programs. It seem like it could be very helpful in learning languages.
Plus its very cheap compared to things like Rosetta Stone.
CycloneSP wrote:The sun! it burns!!! Oh wait, that is just the aura of awesomeness coming off of FC. <puts on shades> Ah, much better.
TheGuy

Post by TheGuy »

Try out Anki. It's basically a flashcard program which helps a ton with vocabulary. http://ankisrs.net/ . You can make your own decks or use decks that other people made.
userzero

Post by userzero »

I've used mango languages for a good deal of foreign language study. They have a Korean course and most of the time if you check with your local library you can get free use of mango with your library account. Might be worth checking out.
ExpHP

Post by ExpHP »

TheGuy wrote:Try out Anki. It's basically a flashcard program which helps a ton with vocabulary. http://ankisrs.net/ . You can make your own decks or use decks that other people made.
This. Anki has probably been the single most useful tool I've used in my own language studies. And I do see some premade Korean decks available. SRS is an effective way to build that beginner vocabulary you need to understand native books/shows/whatever, and it's also a good way to keep yourself from forgetting stuff.

Just don't go overboard with how many new cards you introduce daily. Seriously. Like, 10-15 tops. Burnout is not fun...