EmeraldCrack co-op /white list

This is the place for SMP server threads, and for general server discussion.
erikdk321

Re: EmeraldCrack co-op /white list

Post by erikdk321 »

Wheat would be nice, im also happy you took the time to make a bridge for the server <3
Thats a butt load of iron btw :)
VegasGoat

Post by VegasGoat »

myrkana wrote:images as requested for ruali :D
Aww my 3rd base. Sucks how the jungle kept me from being able to go back there even after I got a compass and knew where it was. Oh well, it never hurts to have extra bases all around. I need to start cutting a path through the jungle so I can get back there for my diamond pick.
whitechaos35

Post by whitechaos35 »

I thought I was losing my mind, but my compass *does* switch headings, as the following two images show.
Spoiler
Show
Spoiler
Show
Has somebody built an iron beacon? I asked on the server, but nobody thinks anyone has the tech to build one yet...
Dale

Post by Dale »

whitechaos35 wrote:I thought I was losing my mind, but my compass *does* switch headings, as the following two images show.
Spoiler
Show
Spoiler
Show
Has somebody built an iron beacon? I asked on the server, but nobody thinks anyone has the tech to build one yet...
Why is it changing? I see two pictures and it is different? Afaik no one has a beacon. I am confused as to why it changes from pic to pic..
DaveYanakov "Animals spawn in tall grass because pokemans"...
whitechaos35

Post by whitechaos35 »

You can see the two yellow flowers in both pictures. In the first picture, the compass is pointing north east towards spawn. In the second picture, I am one block west, and the compass heading has completely changed and is pointing almost due west. I have no idea. Maybe a bug, but it is completely reproducible near that location. I made a creative large biomes world to see if I could get the same thing to happen, but no such luck.
erikdk321

Post by erikdk321 »

Does this mobfarm design seem okay?
Spoiler
Show
Im not gonna make a mobfarm yet, just wanted to get the design right.
EDIT: Im not sure how i'll handle spiders though :/
Rob

Post by Rob »

erikdk321 wrote:Does this mobfarm design seem okay?
Spoiler
Show
Im not gonna make a mobfarm yet, just wanted to get the design right.
EDIT: Im not sure how i'll handle spiders though :/
It won't handle spiders. And they will clog up your farm. Remove those center blocks you have in the vine trap squares to allow spiders to fall down. You will have to tweak your kill room a little bit to handle wall climbing spiders, but once you figure that out, you'll be golden.

The other option, is to stop spiders from spawning, which would be to add a pillar in the center of the spawning pads that way there is no 2x2 area for spiders to spawn. But that's no fun, design wise, and you'd have to hunt spiders outside for string and eyes.
VegasGoat

Post by VegasGoat »

Rob wrote:The other option, is to stop spiders from spawning, which would be to add a pillar in the center of the spawning pads that way there is no 2x2 area for spiders to spawn.
From what I understand, spiders can actually spawn on top of a single block if it has 3x3 air on top of it. For example, they can spawn on this middle block here:

You're right though if you had 3x3 spawning pads with a block in the middle of each that would stop them, because there'd be no blocks with 3x3 air above it. That's probably the best design if you don't want spiders.
erikdk321

Post by erikdk321 »

New and improved design! It is 18x18, has 216 spawning spaces, uses 108 vinetraps and has room for spiderps!
Spoiler
Show
Ps: Im so happy that i learned how to use the spoiler and img thing to post pictures :D
VegasGoat

Post by VegasGoat »

Looks OK, but you may have issues with mobs standing around for a while because they decided to walk E/W instead of N/S. That may prevent additional mobs from spawning until the ones that are there finally walk in the right direction.
Aradanwen II

Post by Aradanwen II »

i keep getting disconnected from the server, seems im not able to play till the weekend...
Steve learns the same way he learns everything else: via maddeningly painful bursts of possibly psychic, definitely psychotic inspiration.
myrkana

Post by myrkana »

aww well you now have melons, potatoes and wheat! the base saved ruali (believe thats who it was) so he repaid you by giving wheat and potatoes. Someone else (alex? alec? cant remember the name atm) traded a melon for one seed and a potato :) so when you get back on you have moar farm expansio nto do xD

im currently in melfish's base in the plains on the other side of the jungle from you ):
Rawr :D
Lockeofamber

Post by Lockeofamber »

Could I be whitelisted please?

IGN: Lockeofamber
Experience: Roughly 2 years of Minecraft, over a 1-1/2 years of BTW.

Why do you want to join the server: I've always wanted to try BTW multiplayer. My local group of minecrafters never wanted to try it. (Yeah, I know....:-( ).

How active do you plan to be on PhantasyCraft: I usually try to play at least an hour or so a day. Though some days that can be abit more, some sadly less.

Are you familiar with Better Than Wolves: I've been playing the BTW single player for over a year. I love the recent changes and how it really seems to fix vanilla's "instant post-scarcity" problems.

Rough Location in the world/ Timezone: EST (Virginia, USA)

Anything else: I love learning at all levels, from the simple refinements at the early stages of survival play to the automation. I usually build with practicality in mind, but like to take a step back and build aesthetically as well.
Dale

Post by Dale »

Lockeofamber wrote:Could I be whitelisted please?

IGN: Lockeofamber
Experience: Roughly 2 years of Minecraft, over a 1-1/2 years of BTW.

Why do you want to join the server: I've always wanted to try BTW multiplayer. My local group of minecrafters never wanted to try it. (Yeah, I know....:-( ).

How active do you plan to be on PhantasyCraft: I usually try to play at least an hour or so a day. Though some days that can be abit more, some sadly less.

Are you familiar with Better Than Wolves: I've been playing the BTW single player for over a year. I love the recent changes and how it really seems to fix vanilla's "instant post-scarcity" problems.

Rough Location in the world/ Timezone: EST (Virginia, USA)

Anything else: I love learning at all levels, from the simple refinements at the early stages of survival play to the automation. I usually build with practicality in mind, but like to take a step back and build aesthetically as well.
Whitelisted, welcome to the server! Allow 5 minutes after this post before trying to log in. :)
whitechaos35

Post by whitechaos35 »

Who's base have I found? :)
Spoiler
Show
Dale

Post by Dale »

whitechaos35 wrote:Who's base have I found? :)
Spoiler
Show
Wow that is nice!
whitechaos35

Post by whitechaos35 »

And here's my base as it is now. Very utilitarian.
Spoiler
Show
Spoiler
Show
VegasGoat

Post by VegasGoat »

I should have taken a screenshot of my base before this happened:
Spoiler
Show
Guess I shouldn't get a fireplace IRL.
erikdk321

Post by erikdk321 »

Haha, thats funny :) I used to burn down my houses all the time but learned how fire worked with time, and now its rare that it happens.
VegasGoat

Post by VegasGoat »

erikdk321 wrote:Haha, thats funny :) I used to burn down my houses all the time but learned how fire worked with time, and now its rare that it happens.
Surrounding the fires with cobble seems to have worked. In my SSP world the first time I built a hibachi it set the fence/grass of my animal pen on fire and of course the animals too. After that I usually build fires far away but I wanted a fireplace type thing in my house.
Lockeofamber

Post by Lockeofamber »

Thanks for the whitelisting!

So far I've gathered a few core materials from/near the spawn base and made my way south along the netherrack sky-bridge. South of the plains and taiga I found a large seemingly untouched swamp to start setting up in. I haven't found any iron yet, so I might move on after getting some sustainable food going here. Eventually, it can be used as a community waypoint for places further south. Anyone else setting up in the southlands?
myrkana

Post by myrkana »

im not sure where my current home is :/ might be where i am or it might eb the seocnd bridge ruali built >...< but im i na village so if you find a village wiht a few torches and one of the houses has chickens uinder it and a sign with my name thats mine :D
Dale

Post by Dale »

And I die finally and return from egypt, to a small area in the jungle that has been cleared out and torches placed aside a temple.. whoever did this, thanks. :)
Spoiler
Show
myrkana

Post by myrkana »

for any brave souls: during my last death cycle I encounter no less than 3 abandoned jungle temples in the spanw jungle :) so there are at least 3 more that no one has taken stuff from ^.^
Aradanwen II

Post by Aradanwen II »

since i recently build a giant oreo i figured base update pictures are in order,
Spoiler
Show
ImageImageImageImage
Steve learns the same way he learns everything else: via maddeningly painful bursts of possibly psychic, definitely psychotic inspiration.