Hosting on beastnode: Not recommended.

This is the place for SMP server threads, and for general server discussion.
johnt

Hosting on beastnode: Not recommended.

Post by johnt »

I forgot to save my credit card info, and their reminders that I needed to pay my bill went to spam. Instead of just disabling my server, they deleted everything with no way of recovering it. I mean, my fault for not paying my bill, but they'll never get another penny from me. I don't know of any other service that just deletes your files instead of disabling your account.
johnt

Re: Hosting on beastnode: Not recommended.

Post by johnt »

also quote from their customer service: "Its not our fault you forgot to pay your bill and lost your own data."
Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

Sounds reasonable to me. It IS your fault for not paying the bill.
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Unresolved

Post by Unresolved »

As co-owner of a hosting company myself, I think this is pretty unprofessional behaviour. You've got to realize that email delivery isn't 100% guaranteed. So, when there's no reaction to reminder mails, first disable the services. If the customer then doesn't contact you within a reasonable amount of time, say about 2-4 weeks, then proceed to delete their data and disable their account. At least, that is how we do it.
johnt

Post by johnt »

Yeah, they deleted everything immediately. Didn't disable first.

And I agree, he had the right to do it. But doing it cost him another 2 or 3 years worth of hosting fees from me, because there is 0 chance i'll spend money hosting someplace that's so cavalier about users data.
RandomObj3ct

Post by RandomObj3ct »

i used them for a while, started off great but 7-8 months ago their quality dropped substantially.

had a case where an entire node lost everything, although they gave everyone affected a 15% discount they blamed it on a zero day exploit in minecraft server code which is absolute bullshit.

i will agree with the others saying that no pay = server gone, but on the other hand some other form of warning, say a big message over the control pane saying "PAYMENT DUE! YOUR SERVER WILL BE REMOVED IN X DAYS!" would be a better practice.
they can't just store your data though, stored data where you can still access it as normal = inactive server that could be making money.
Why not? Because it would have made sense!
JuanXo_

Post by JuanXo_ »

Wow, thats nasty... but yeah, they had the right...
Sorry for your loss man
NINJA KO NO KOKORO