Prison arquitect.. in space?!?!

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
Wafflewaffle

Prison arquitect.. in space?!?!

Post by Wafflewaffle »

Developt by Double Fine Spcebase DF-9 looks very cool and its in SPACE!

Oh great, now nothing can stop the inbred train

Paradox Interactive:
CHOO CHOO!
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Re: Prison arquitect.. in space?!?!

Post by FlowerChild »

Another interesting take on the DF concept IMO. I think that space is an excellent choice here given the constant need to maintain base integrity to prevent the interior being exposed to vacuum. I could see underwater serving a similar purpose gameplay wise.
Wafflewaffle

Post by Wafflewaffle »

Yeah im watching this Lead Designer LP of the current build and he mentions that fires in the machinery can suck out the oxigen in a room and if left unchecked it damages the Hull exposing it to vaccuum. Pretty awesome little stuff. He is appears to be a DF fan (its in the title of the game) and here is praying he shares the same sadistic humor. Plus space pirates
Oh great, now nothing can stop the inbred train

Paradox Interactive:
CHOO CHOO!
abzu93

Post by abzu93 »

My first look at the game was through tehpauleh. It immediately reminds me of an old game called Space Colony without the "Sims" aspect of developing relationships... hopefully.

Here's the LP -- I like that they just throw you out there with 6 minutes to survive. Kudos!
Spoiler
Show
BTW Independence Sig
Spoiler
Show
Ingenious Mekanism

Post by Ingenious Mekanism »

Wow, that looks really neat! Although I'm not a fan of the 1dimensional bases, I think that if it was in space, you should be able to build a more dwarf fortress style base with ladders going down to different layers of the base and branching tunnels (or in this case corridors) to some sort of guard wing.
Other than that, I love the sort of PA style build-them-up, especially when it's a constant struggle to keep it running smoothly, and that feeling when you have to abandon a section of your base and seal it off from the world because it's been overrun by goblins (dwarf fortress) is amazing!
Tick tock, goes the clock.
Tick tock, hold that thought.
Tick tock, out of time.
Tick tock, end the rhyme.
lostone1993

Post by lostone1993 »

I remember seeing this a while ago. I m glad someone brought it up again I forgot

I think it looks really interesting, looks similar to space colony one of favorite games but without the annoying micro manage relationship crap

actually I am looking at buying it but $25 is a tad steep. has anyone here bought and think it was worth that much ?
Under many names
lost-one
Spoiler
Show
My Youtube
My WIP Fan Mission for SS2(youtube)
Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

Ingenious Mekanism wrote:I'm not a fan of the 1dimensional bases, I think that if it was in space, you should be able to build a more dwarf fortress style base with ladders going down to different layers of the base and branching tunnels (or in this case corridors) to some sort of guard wing.
Why? I always found that to be the biggest flaw in DF. We are not used to thinking in 3 dimensions, I do not want 3D for the sake of it. If you want to pinpoint the exact point where DF became tedious to play, it's the switch to 3D.

Unless you can do a really elegant 3D camera along with it, it's not worth it. That 3D camera perspective can easily take up 50% of your budget or more, just to get people an extra dimension. Not worth it.

That's of course my humble opinion, but since very, very few bird-perspective games in history are 3D (name 5?), I assume I'm not the only one ;). And no, very rudimentary systems like Rollercoaster Tycoon don't count and even then everyone disliked building underground in those games.
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx