The damned spiders [Spoilers!]

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Ceunon

The damned spiders [Spoilers!]

Post by Ceunon »

Before anything else: OMG FC y u addin so mny mobs 2 the mod 1st teh direwolf now tose OP green spiders omg u r totaly copyng Mo'Creatures and pls add compatability wit forge

Sorry, I had to do that
Jokes aside, let's get to the juicy stuff! What have you people found out so far about our newest...friends?

My findings:
Spoiler
Show
They're the size of cave spiders, and shoot web like our regular friends. They poison your health and your hunger.
Aside from that, nothing much. I assume they spawn only around/above the sea level, but I have no clue if it envolves stuff like light level and certain block restrictions.
Anyways, discuss away.
Gunnerman21

Re: The damned spiders [Spoilers!]

Post by Gunnerman21 »

It seems kinda wonky to me that they would give food poisoning.. it's like they shove something down our throat that tastes terrible and makes us throw up...
oh wait..

..that makes pretty darn good sense...
Spoiler
Show
I am... THE TAXI MAN.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

MCF would probably not approve of "you've got a massive spider-cock stuck in your throat" status effect.
Thyrllann

Post by Thyrllann »

FlowerChild wrote:MCF would probably not approve of "you've got a massive spider-cock stuck in your throat" status effect.
Friggin' sigged :)

On topic,
Spoiler
Show
These Jungle Spiders are an absolute pain in the arse - taking away your health, and then giving you Food Poisoning so you can't eat to regain the health you just lost? Dammit FC, you really do love killing us don't you :)
FlowerChild wrote:MCF would probably not approve of "you've got a massive spider-cock stuck in your throat" status effect.
Xeo

Post by Xeo »

Oh good for a few seconds I thought you were the most over-the-top troll I've ever seen.

On topic: I don't know about you guys but jungles are becoming the new Nether for me. Sealed off enclosures on the canopy FTW!
jkievlan

Post by jkievlan »

Xeo wrote:On topic: I don't know about you guys but jungles are becoming the new Nether for me. Sealed off enclosures on the canopy FTW!
I stay the hell away from them unless it's absolutely necessary. There's nothing in a jungle I want bad enough to play try-not-to-die with a bunch of nasty little cave spiders. At least the nether is rewarding enough to be worth the risk :)
CreeperCannibal

Post by CreeperCannibal »

jkievlan wrote: I stay the hell away from them unless it's absolutely necessary. There's nothing in a jungle I want bad enough to play try-not-to-die with a bunch of nasty little cock weilding jungle spiders. At least the nether is rewarding enough to be worth the risk :)
Fixed.
Anyone know if our jungle friends spawn in daylight? If not than jungle temples might actually be a challenge to raid.
"Kneel says the demon light
With its eye of coal
Sauron knows your license plate
And stares into your soul"
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Hehe...ok, despite my attempt at questionable humor, no cocks are involved in the process. I just wanted to add a little variety to the poison effects and make Jungle Spiders of particular danger in the early game given that attacking your hunger will be of particular significance at that stage.

Given vomiting and not being able to keep food down seemed like a reasonable effect of a mild poison (you'll notice the health damaging effects are much weaker than cave spiders), I went with the "food poisoning" status effect despite the name being a bit off in this case. It also ties into people risking going into jungles to try and nab some cocoa in the early game and having to weigh the risk of walking out even closer to starvation.
Six

Post by Six »

Has anyone noticed any difference in their drops compared to the larger spiders? There's probably not been enough time yet to find out, but do they drop the Bane of Arthropods scroll?
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Six wrote:Has anyone noticed any difference in their drops compared to the larger spiders? There's probably not been enough time yet to find out, but do they drop the Bane of Arthropods scroll?
Just to save you some time since the outcome is dull here: they still do, yes. I may do something different with their drops in the future to make farming them worthwhile, but for now they're the same as other spiders.