BTW LAN

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Lars

BTW LAN

Post by Lars »

Okay, so I've been talking about playing BTW with friends over LAN for a while now. Last week I had some of my friends over for a good old fashioned LAN party, and managed to get them to play BTW!
Unfortunately, 4,5 days isn't enough time to really enjoy the effects of hardcore spawn, as we were playing other games as well, so we decided to just teleport players back when they died. I did tell them each time to be more carefull, but that vanilla behaviour seems hard to get rid of for some people.
I'm not going to go into the many details, but I'm just going to share some of the more awesome things that happened.
I hadn't properly played the early game through by myself yet, so this was new to all of us. I have to say I'm incredibly impressed with the mod. Yes, it's hard at first, but while you progress your life becomes gradually easier. I'm absolutely convinced that Maslow's pyramid must have been an inspiration for the way BTW progresses.
What I personally enjoyed a lot, was that we were able to tend to different things. We would make hunting parties, stay at home parties and mining parties. Our stay at home team would expand the base and thus acquire more cobblestone for tools. The hunting party would get food and parts for armor, while the mining party would go out and search for iron. Our mushroom farm just didn't cut it, so we got chickens as quickly as possible, and that really got us off the ground. Soon we were no longer struggling for food, especially when we finally got a cauldron together.
A friend and mI had made armor for ourselves and an iron pick, and we found a nice place to look for diamonds. As soon as we found them and mined them we all felt like we had really accomplished something, and we just had to celebrate the moment. Not just because of the accomplishment, but also because of what other comforts diamonds would bring us. I am again reffering to Maslow's pyramid!
We all laughed hard when we used shears on a creeper for the first time, and soon got a theory together about why creepers exploded, and why they didn't anymore when their oysters were cut off. Since you can shear every creeper, that must mean there are no female creepers. The explosion must be due to extreme pent up sexual frustration. We immediately felt guilty for cutting their oysters off and granted them the relief of death.
Anyway, I just had to share this experiece because I am incredibly impressed. I could go on about the reasons for that forever, but I'm just going to leave it at this.

My compliments and many thanks to FC, the glorious bastard responsible for the best MC playing experience I have ever had!
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Re: BTW LAN

Post by FlowerChild »

Hehe...good stuff man. Glad you and your friends had such a grand time :)