Astrolabe v-1 Sudden Death

This sub-forum is dedicated to add-ons and texture packs for Better Than Wolves.
jorgebonafe

Re: Astrolabe v4.3 Conflicting Relations

Post by jorgebonafe »

Well, one of the main goals I had intended for this addon is for, as you put it, post nether world navigation, specifically to help calculate distances for portal placements. Also for long distance builds like roads or what have you, so you can guesstimate the ammount of materials you'll need.

I hear what you are saying, and I thought about that. On one hand, if you take the.. I don't know what to call it, lore maybe? It's supposed to be a high tech machine, and so bringing the tech cost down wouldn't make much sense on that respect. On the other hand, the tech cost do seem steep for the actual gain, so much so that would prevent a lot of people from ever using it.

It's a conundrum, and to be honest I'm not sure how to solve it.

Edit. I'll give it some thought, but I think with some tweaking I can bring this down to pre-steel tech in a reasonable way. This actually has bothered me for a while, so maybe I should do something about it.

If anyone else uses this addon, I'd very much like to know what the general feelings you have on the cost/reward for this block, if it's too expensive or not.
Better Than Wolves was borne of anal sex. True Story.
ion

Post by ion »

i've never tried this mod and the main reason is that is so high tier in BTW that by that time i have everything needed to not see the benefit of the mod.
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

Yeah, even I hardly ever had the opportunity to use my own addon... Which is either a result of my utter ineptitude at playing Better Than Wolves or an indication that the cost really is disproportionately high to the reward.
Yeah, I've decided to make it a bit more accessible after all.

Thanks for the feedback, man
jorgebonafe

Re: Astrolabe v-1 Sudden Death

Post by jorgebonafe »

THIS ADDON HAS BEEN MERGED WITH JORGE'S MISCELANEOUS. PLEASE DIRECT ALL ASTROLABE RELATED CONVERSATIONS TO THAT THREAD

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=9361