The Deco Add-on. (updated 04/25/2019) [4.ABCFAFBFC]

This sub-forum is dedicated to add-ons and texture packs for Better Than Wolves.
Yhetti

Re: [V1.2] The Deco Add-On. Now with lanterns!

Post by Yhetti »

I moved from community college to 4 year college, and I just have a dickton of time right now. It's because I live on my own and don't need a job when school is in session. Been playing an hour or two every day ;)
Marasambala

Post by Marasambala »

Yes! Just balance lamps so they're more expensive.
Sometimes I think everyone else is smarter than me, then I realize everyone else is smarter then me.
Yhetti

Post by Yhetti »

Marasambala wrote:Yes! Just balance lamps so they're more expensive.
Yeah, I was thinking about doing that before I released it. I was thinking candles instead of hemp oil, since at that point it doesn't effect balance at all. There's also a third lantern that is available when you reach steel now, but that one is pretty balanced considering it takes 4 iron bars.
Yhetti

Re: [V2.0] The Deco Add-On. Now separated into multiple piec

Post by Yhetti »

Bump for new version. Yaaay!

Make sure you read the description for whatever addons you're going to install BEFORE you install them.
DiamondArms

Post by DiamondArms »

You have my undying gratitude. *proceeds to spasm in unmentionable ways*
DiamondArms

Post by DiamondArms »

Rifling through the mod textures, I've found several textures belonging to features not listed in the OP or found within the creative mode menu.
Such as:
ginger_ingot_copper.png
ginger_ingot_end.png
ginger_tomahawk.png
ginger_seed_corn.png
ginger_flag_0a.png

was wondering if these are unlisted features, or redundant textures (like the vanilla ruby textures)

would like to know, as I'm updating my personal texturepack for the new content and would like to know if these are necessary.

thanks again for the deco!

p.s. trying to load my main creative testworld crashes the game. another testworld has no issues, and my main BTW world doesn't either (thankfully)
Crash error
Show
java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: -1
at aaq.h(ChunkCache.java:245)
at FCBlockSidingAndCornerAndDecorative.a(FCBlockSidingAndCornerAndDecorative.java:67)
at Addon_Walls$FCBlockSidingAndCornerAndDecorative_Wall.a(Addon_Walls.java:37)
at apa.RenderBlock(Block.java:1962)
at FCBlockSidingAndCornerAndDecorative.RenderBlock(FCBlockSidingAndCornerAndDecorative.java:630)
at Addon_Walls$FCBlockSidingAndCornerAndDecorative_Wall.RenderBlock(Addon_Walls.java:30)
at bgf.b(RenderBlocks.java:9358)
at bfm.a(SourceFile:160)
at bfy.a(RenderGlobal.java:1477)
at bfq.a(EntityRenderer.java:1137)
at bfq.b(EntityRenderer.java:998)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.K(Minecraft.java:866)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:756)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
jackatthekilns

Post by jackatthekilns »

I installed this with McPatcher and the only thing I have noticed so far is that the craftguide plugin does not seem to work. I haven't looked into it enough to know if the two are related.
Yhetti

Post by Yhetti »

DiamondArms wrote:Rifling through the mod textures, I've found several textures belonging to features not listed in the OP or found within the creative mode menu.
Some of those are planned features. ;) Some of them have been in that folder forever though so don't get super excited.

Thanks very much for the crash report. I was able to trace where the mistake was made. I'll have Addon_Walls fixed and re-uploaded as soon as I can. Addon_Walls is the only addon that doesn't add any content, you can easily disable it until it's fixed. If you disable it or leave it enabled, either way it won't harm your world as it is right now. It could do some weird ass shit though because the mistake in the code is a really really silly mistake. (basically instead of passing args "X, Y, Z" I passed "X, Y, Y", for rendering some shit)

jackatthekilns wrote:I installed this with McPatcher and the only thing I have noticed so far is that the craftguide plugin does not seem to work. I haven't looked into it enough to know if the two are related.
Give me one of the following:

A link to the craftguide mod you are using.
or
Show me dat stack trace(what diamondarms has above)
Yhetti

Post by Yhetti »

DiamondArms

When you get a chance, can you try using these class files to see if your world loads correctly?

Just download the two class files(they are very small) and drop them in your jar.

I don't know exactly which sub-block is causing the problem. But this should fix it. I wanna make sure it works for you before I post for everyone.
jackatthekilns

Post by jackatthekilns »

I was using this craftguide link

http://adf.ly/SYVuD

I installed all mods using the latest mcpatcher and I also installed the connected maps mod. I do not get any kind of error, craftguide just does not come up. otherwise the game runs fine
Yhetti

Post by Yhetti »

It looks the the craftguide you are using requires some sort of modloader, I'm not sure. I know I have used a craftguide with BTW+Deco before but I am not sure which one it is. I don't see any class files in the download that you gave me which would be loaded by better than wolves but I could be wrong. I see a class file called ForgeStuff.class though. To me it seems like it's just not starting your craftguide mod at all.
jackatthekilns

Post by jackatthekilns »

I think I see what I did wrong. I went with the blank one, versus the one that said noloader. I'll try that, I imagine it will work

Edit: That was indeed my mistake, the noloader version works fine
DiamondArms

Post by DiamondArms »

patch works. I can load up the world without issues. Thanks Yhetti!
Yhetti

Re: [V2.0b] The Deco Add-On. Now separated into multiple pie

Post by Yhetti »

Alright, thanks, I put the patch out for everyone.
DiamondArms

Post by DiamondArms »

Interesting thing to note: fertilizer doesn't work in the nether. there goes my plans for a little garden in hell.
jackatthekilns

Post by jackatthekilns »

Yhetti, How much more work are you looking to do with this? I ask because as I'm playing, little requests are popping into my mind and I don't want to push you past your tie or desire. Are you looking for requests/suggestions or would you prefer to go along your own path?
Yhetti

Post by Yhetti »

Little suggestions are fine.
jackatthekilns

Post by jackatthekilns »

OK, the main one is sub blocks(stairs, slabs, ets) of things like hardened clay and the hay bales. I would like to make what would essentially be thatched or tile roofs. Also, carpets. other than that I'll keep ideas to myself.
Yhetti

Post by Yhetti »

I was actually thinking about doing the sub blocks for clay. It would not be hard at all. It would take up a lot of block IDs but I have, you know a few thousand that I enable with my addon ;)

Roof blocks are something I want to do, but I'm not sure how to do. I kind of think clay sub blocks would be a good enough solution to that actually.

Carpets I suppose wouldn't be too hard.
hawk

Post by hawk »

Glad to see this back in production! Thank you for your work!!
DiamondArms

Post by DiamondArms »

Just curious, but are you still planning on bringing banners to BTW? And will they function like paintings(static textures) rather than customisable(like vMC)?
Sockthing

Post by Sockthing »

Welcome back Yhetti! I recently tried to fix this Add-on, but my knowledge of Java isnt really existent. I did manage to setup the whole oracle thing, but could fix the errors in the log.
Anyway, you're back, the add-on is back and I am slowly coming back too.
As always if you need any texture help, let me know! :D

@DiamondArms: Back when the first ideas of banners came up I made two textures, which were fixed ones. I dont know what Yhetti's plans are, but maybe they will get a revival? :D
Rob wrote:Sock-ilocks then tried the momma bear's pixel size and thought that it was just right.
BTW Community SMP Server: Discord | Sock's Crops: Thread
Yhetti

Post by Yhetti »

Actually the flags/banners are mostly ready. I just need to pretty them up some more I think. I also need more flag textures. The only one I have right now is the "Better Than Wolves" flag. I forget what the minecraft flags look like, but I'm almost certain that mine have more detail, but I haven't looked into it in almost a year. They stand up on their own and have little wooden sticks holding them up, they are two blocks tall, and they have a front and back I think(from the back you can see the frame).

One of the big leaps I had to get over was getting the mod to recompile and run on linux properly. (I started using linux a few years back, and recently it's become the only thing I use). I tried a few times but always had problems with external libraries. Then one day I sat down for a few hours and really fucked with it and made sure all the libraries were correct and I got it working, it only took me a day to finish up the rest of the addon after that.
Sockthing

Post by Sockthing »

Just working on the texture pack support for John Smith and thought of something:
Can Haybales get the properties of logs, so you can lie haybales down?
That'd be cool!
Rob wrote:Sock-ilocks then tried the momma bear's pixel size and thought that it was just right.
BTW Community SMP Server: Discord | Sock's Crops: Thread
Yhetti

Post by Yhetti »

ill add that to my list.