The Deco Add-on. (updated 04/25/2019) [4.ABCFAFBFC]

This sub-forum is dedicated to add-ons and texture packs for Better Than Wolves.
Yhetti

Re: The Deco Add-on. (updated 07/12/2018) [4.ABCFAFBFC]

Post by Yhetti »

Another update: I fixed the missing recipe for "Unfired clay block" -> "Hardened clay" in the kiln.

I don't know of any other bugs and I want to get as many fixed as possible this week. Let me know if you have any bugs for me!

I want you guys to know that I feel bad for not updating in a while. My life shifted a lot, and I hadn't played the game in so long...the whole point of having the github repository was to encourage me to get updates for the addon out faster...the main problem now is that I really need to get back into BTW because it's changed so much, so I'm gonna see if I can take care of that now ;)
ion

Re: The Deco Add-on. (updated 08/12/2018) [4.ABCFAFBFC]

Post by ion »

i don't really know if fired clay is a thing now that it was nerfed into the ground. before you could get lot's of clay blocks, now not anymore. can this be moved to white stone
dawnraider

Post by dawnraider »

Unfortunately, ion is right. Clay and bricks are basically unusable as building materials. Just to build my kiln it took digging up an entire swamp + forest of clay, and renewable clay is so far late game and so hard to do that it might as well not exist.
Come join us on discord! https://discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Get the Deco Addon here!
Get the Better Terrain Addon here!
Get the Vanilla Mix TP here!
Get the Conquest TP here!
Yhetti

Post by Yhetti »

Alright, that's a good idea.

Do you guys think I should scrap clay blocks completely and replace them with white stone + color and reuse the clay block textures....

or

Do you think I should keep clay blocks(even though they are really really hard to obtain) and create a new class of colored white stone with new block textures?

Both of these are easy changes that I could get done today.

Edit: After some thought, I think the first option is better because then people don't have to make new textures for their texture packs.
ion

Post by ion »

replace i say. i haven't played yet with deco but i had some issues with blue dye and staining wool or something like that
about the white stone mossy and cracked can be made like mossy stone in BTW or is too hard to code
Yhetti

Post by Yhetti »

ion wrote:about the white stone mossy and cracked can be made like mossy stone in BTW or is too hard to code
I haven't looked into this yet. I'll file an issue for it to remind me to look at it later.

Also, I think if we are going to add the ability to dye white stone, then we should be able to make bricks out of dyed white stone.... or is that taking it too far?
ion

Post by ion »

up to you. conquest has the textures ready ;)
ion

Post by ion »

there is still a trading villager problem in latest deco where you can only trade the items in the first slot in the trading menu of the villagers.
Yhetti

Post by Yhetti »

ion wrote:there is still a trading villager problem in latest deco where you can only trade the items in the first slot in the trading menu of the villagers.
Noted, thanks
dawnraider

Post by dawnraider »

I'm getting a really weird bug where the game crashes if I try to take a screenshot while a piston is pushing a white stone brick block. No idea if it applies to other blocks.
Get the Deco Addon here!
dawnraider

Post by dawnraider »

As a heads up Yhetti I was going to take a look at updating the deco addon to the new rendering/collision system BTW added, and I figured I'd double check with you that that wouldn't be an issue. I'm pretty sure it'll still run fine now (though I haven't tested it) but I know that it hasn't been updated to the new rendering system FC did a couple releases ago. Also I want to take a stab at trying to fix the villager trading bug the addon has because it's been making my life super difficult in my world.
Get the Deco Addon here!
Yhetti

Post by Yhetti »

Please feel free to work on updating the deco addon. If you submit a pull request through github I will gladly review, test, and release it to everyone.

If you have written code to get the addon working, I will gladly make time this weekend to try it out, I might also work on some of the other bugs this weekend too.
dawnraider

Post by dawnraider »

Sorry it took so long to get this going. The rendering for blocks has been fixed, so I figured I'd get that out immediately before looking at the villager trading bug. Pull request has been submitted. Also accessible from my fork if anyone gets here before Yhetti gets to the pull request: https://github.com/ammoore00/btw-deco
Get the Deco Addon here!
dawnraider

Post by dawnraider »

Villager Trading has been fixed. It was caused by some network code the deco addon was using, but didn't appear to actually be necessary for any functionality so I ripped it out. This will require a clean install.

Please let me know if there are any issues. Download here.
Get the Deco Addon here!
Yhetti

Post by Yhetti »

Sorry I didn't see this sooner. I made sure I have github notifications on. I'm going to test this out now.... It looks like the problem with the villager trading was caused by the code that was added by jorgebonafe for making the glass blocks look nicer in inventory. I'll make sure everything is squared and I'll probably see a merge tonight.
Yhetti

Post by Yhetti »

It's merged. The addon is fixed, hooray! Many thanks to dawnrader!
jackatthekilns

Re: The Deco Add-on. (updated 04/25/2019) [4.ABCFAFBFC]

Post by jackatthekilns »

Is there some trick to installing this via mcpatcher? when I try I just get a black screen. I am using mcpatcher 5.0.3 and I select the deco-master.zip that I download from github, then select the minecraft folder when mcpatcher gives me the option. Am i doing something wrong?

Edit: I am using the latest BTW.
dawnraider

Post by dawnraider »

Hmm. I can test tomorrow night when I get back home. Maybe I messed something up on github, it definitely worked from source for me (but not with mcpatcher). You're also installing BTW via mcpatcher? Maybe that could be the cause too if you aren't though I don't see why.
Get the Deco Addon here!
jackatthekilns

Post by jackatthekilns »

Yes, I am installing BTW via mcpatcher and it works fine without Deco
dawnraider

Post by dawnraider »

Yeah I was getting the same crash. Probably just fucked something up on github. All I did was delete a couple files so instead of uploading my copy I just deleted the files off github. Probably fucked something up with that because it was giving me a crash like before I fixed the rendering. So I just reuploaded everything. Probably unnecessary to do something that sweeping but just to be safe. Pull request submitted, link to my fork here
Get the Deco Addon here!
jackatthekilns

Post by jackatthekilns »

Its working fine now. Do you know where the .lang file is for this? I could not find it.
dawnraider

Post by dawnraider »

Awesome. As for the .lang file, not sure there ever was one. Even checking my old versions back to May of last year I couldn't find one.What would it entail to make one? I don't really have any experience with doing that.
Get the Deco Addon here!
jackatthekilns

Post by jackatthekilns »

I don't know, I've been working on a Latin translation. I know the BTW lang file is located in the lang folder.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

I only added support for that this past year jack. I doubt Deco has adopted that change.

@DawnRaider: it's a bit of a pain to do, involving moving any hardcoded strings into a data file. If you're interested let me know and I can write up a brief tutorial or something.
dawnraider

Post by dawnraider »

Might be useful to do, so sure. I can take a look at adding that in.
Get the Deco Addon here!