The Deco Add-on. (updated 04/25/2019) [4.ABCFAFBFC]

This sub-forum is dedicated to add-ons and texture packs for Better Than Wolves.
Yhetti

Re: [V2.1] The Deco Add-On. Now on Github!

Post by Yhetti »

Hey guys. Sorry it took MUCH longer than previously estimated, but I've posted an update today that contains the following

+ Stained Glass Blocks now have a much better inventory icon thanks to jorgebonafe.

+ Fixed an issue that may or may not have prevented the server from starting.

+ Removed deprecated calls to BTW functions and replaced them with updated calls.

I've updated the front page of this thread.

ENJOY.
dawnraider

Post by dawnraider »

Any chance of restoring the cobblestone wall to its vanilla recipe? Now that BTW changed fences to make 6 from full blocks it seems out of place. (I never liked the change before but it at least made sense).

Also, would we be able to get stained glass panes? There's been a few things I've been thinking about doing but they would work better with panes than full blocks.
Come join us on discord! https://discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Get the Deco Addon here!
Get the Better Terrain Addon here!
Get the Vanilla Mix TP here!
Get the Conquest TP here!
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

Ah, yes, the changes to stained glass were supposed to allow better transparency with mcpatcher, like you can see water behind colored blocks, can get multiple different colored glasses behind each other and the colors should mix correctly.

It's kinda late now, but I'll post tomorrow about the ctm configs for texture packs to make this work.

Also, there will be compatibility issues between this mod and my Misc. addon older versions, so if you use them together, make sure you get my latest release.

Edit. To clarify, those changes were to stained glass blocks. I didn't touch the panes.
Better Than Wolves was borne of anal sex. True Story.
Yhetti

Post by Yhetti »

I don't think we have stained glass panes yet. I will look into that.

I am looking at cobblestone right now to make sure I understand what you are talking about
Yhetti

Post by Yhetti »

I pushed another update. I removed the code that changes the recipe for walls. Let me know if that works okay. :)
jorgebonafe

Re: The Deco Add-on. (updated 05/27/2018)

Post by jorgebonafe »

Ok, so here's how I setup the ctm files for stained glass transparency:

I'll be using as example my sphax version. Also I'm including some ctm info that probably you guys already know too.
Inside the "ctm" folder make one folder for each block. I named them "ginger_glass_0" to "ginger_glass_15".

Inside these, you need two groups of 47 tiles. The first group is the opaque parts, like the glass frame, the second is the transparent area.

Use this model to know how each tile connects:
Spoiler
Show
This is my version for the red block:
Spoiler
Show
The images don't actually have to be transparent, they will become transparent ingame.

Now you need three files in each folder:

glass_1.properties

Code: Select all

matchBlocks=3003
metadata=1
tiles=0-46
method=ctm
glass_1a.properties

matchBlocks=3003
metadata=1
tiles=0-46
renderPass=2
method=ctm
glass_1b.properties

matchBlocks=3003
metadata=1
tiles=59-105
renderPass=3
method=ctm
"glass_1.properties" and "glass_1a.properties" are the opaque tiles, "glass_1b.properties" are the transparent tiles.
matchBlocks=3003 is the block ID for stained glass, it will be 3003 for every block.
metadata is the metadata for each block. They start on 0 up to 15: "black", "red", "green", "brown", "blue", "purple", "cyan", "lightGrey", "grey", "pink", "lime", "yellow", "lightBlue", "magenta", "orange", "white".
tiles: Indicate the tiles for each config.

Basically copy these three files on every folder, only the metadata will change.

The item textures for the stained glass blocks (that show on hand and on the inventory) are separate textures on the "textures/items" folder.
And that should be it.

Just something odd... The white block actually just makes everything brighter, it doesn't actually look white... If anyone ever figures out a way to fix this please let me know :)
Better Than Wolves was borne of anal sex. True Story.
Yhetti

Post by Yhetti »

jorgebonafe wrote:Ok, so here's how I setup the ctm files for stained glass transparency.
Thanks! :)
dawnraider

Post by dawnraider »

Walls still don't have a collision box since a couple versions ago.
Get the Deco Addon here!
Yhetti

Post by Yhetti »

dawnraider wrote:Walls still don't have a collision box since a couple versions ago.
I'll file an issue for that...are you sure they don't have any collision box? because last time I checked, they had a collision box, it was just the wrong size (they should have the same collision box as fences, which is just a bit too small for walls)
dawnraider

Post by dawnraider »

No you can straight up walk through them.
Get the Deco Addon here!
dawnraider

Post by dawnraider »

I also just noticed that the hardened clay fences/walls still only return 2 instead of 6.
Get the Deco Addon here!
ion

Post by ion »

the new clay doesn't work with a kiln. so there is no way to cook clay
Yhetti

Post by Yhetti »

ion wrote:the new clay doesn't work with a kiln. so there is no way to cook clay
Sorry. I haven't even gotten that far in the game yet so I haven't noticed.

Keep posting these bugs guys, I'll go on a bug squishing marathon at some point. :)
AddyBaha

Post by AddyBaha »

Getting a crash when placing a chair, everything else works fine. One reload of the world the chair is placed.

Crashreport:
Spoiler
Show
Minecraft has crashed!
----------------------

Minecraft has stopped running because it encountered a problem; Unexpected error

A full error report has been saved to C:\Users\Adrian\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\crash-reports\crash-2018-06-02_11.47.29-client.txt - Please include a copy of that file (Not this screen!) if you report this crash to anyone; without it, they will not be able to help fix the crash :(

--- BEGIN ERROR REPORT 95f4ae35 --------
Full report at:
C:\Users\Adrian\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\crash-reports\crash-2018-06-02_11.47.29-client.txt
Please show that file to Mojang, NOT just this screen!

Generated 02.06.18 11:47

-- Head --
Stacktrace:
at Addon_Chairs$BlockChair.a(Addon_Chairs.java:105)
at xn.a(ItemBlock.java:112)
at wm.a(ItemStack.java:127)
at bdr.a(PlayerControllerMP.java:415)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.c(Minecraft.java:1314)

-- Affected level --
Details:
Level name: MpServer
All players: 1 total; [bdv['AddyBaha'/0, l='MpServer', x=-252,46, y=57,62, z=-439,66]]
Chunk stats: MultiplayerChunkCache: 441
Level seed: 0
Level generator: ID 01 - flat, ver 0. Features enabled: false
Level generator options:
Level spawn location: World: (-260,4,-448), Chunk: (at 12,0,0 in -17,-28; contains blocks -272,0,-448 to -257,255,-433), Region: (-1,-1; contains chunks -32,-32 to -1,-1, blocks -512,0,-512 to -1,255,-1)
Level time: 2294 game time, 2294 day time
Level dimension: 0
Level storage version: 0x00000 - Unknown?
Level weather: Rain time: 0 (now: false), thunder time: 0 (now: false)
Level game mode: Game mode: creative (ID 1). Hardcore: false. Cheats: false
Forced entities: 1 total; [bdv['AddyBaha'/0, l='MpServer', x=-252,46, y=57,62, z=-439,66]]
Retry entities: 0 total; []
Stacktrace:
at bds.a(WorldClient.java:428)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.b(Minecraft.java:2459)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:784)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

-- System Details --
Details:
Minecraft Version: 1.5.2
Operating System: Windows 10 (amd64) version 10.0
Java Version: 1.8.0_171, Oracle Corporation
Java VM Version: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation
Memory: 193844344 bytes (184 MB) / 415862784 bytes (396 MB) up to 1060372480 bytes (1011 MB)
JVM Flags: 6 total; -Xmx1G -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+CMSIncrementalMode -XX:-UseAdaptiveSizePolicy -Xmn128M -XX:HeapDumpPath=MojangTricksIntelDriversForPerformance_javaw.exe_minecraft.exe.heapdump
AABB Pool Size: 21638 (1211728 bytes; 1 MB) allocated, 4 (224 bytes; 0 MB) used
Suspicious classes: MCPatcherUtils, Config, JsonUtils, ...[com.google.gson.GsonBuilder, FieldNamingStrategy, TypeAdapterFactory, ...], [com.google.gson.annotations.SerializedName], [com.google.gson.internal.Excluder, ConstructorConstructor, ObjectConstructor, ...], [com.google.gson.internal.bind.JsonTreeReader, JsonTreeWriter, TypeAdapters, ...], [com.google.gson.reflect.TypeToken], [com.google.gson.stream.MalformedJsonException, JsonReader, JsonWriter, ...], [com.prupe.mcpatcher.cit.CITUtils, OverrideBase, ItemOverride, ...], [com.prupe.mcpatcher.ctm.CTMUtils, RenderBlockState, BlockOrientation, ...], [com.prupe.mcpatcher.mal.tile.TileLoader, IconAPI, V1]
IntCache: cache: 0, tcache: 0, allocated: 0, tallocated: 0
LWJGL: 2.9.0
OpenGL: Intel(R) HD Graphics 520 GL version 4.4.0 - Build 21.20.16.4550, Intel
Is Modded: Very likely; Jar signature invalidated
Type: Client (map_client.txt)
Texture Pack: Default
Profiler Position: N/A (disabled)
Vec3 Pool Size: 120 (6720 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 16 (896 bytes; 0 MB) used

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: FCUtilsMisc.ConvertPlacingEntityOrientationToBlockFacing(Lng;)I
at Addon_Chairs$BlockChair.a(Addon_Chairs.java:105)
at xn.a(ItemBlock.java:112)
at wm.a(ItemStack.java:127)
at bdr.a(PlayerControllerMP.java:415)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.c(Minecraft.java:1314)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.l(Minecraft.java:1793)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.K(Minecraft.java:836)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:761)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
--- END ERROR REPORT 7189067a ----------
MagikEh wrote:Placent Placenta Placenta! It's like beetle juice right?
jackatthekilns

Post by jackatthekilns »

I am having trouble with this mod and the new ABCE5 version. I am using MCpatcher 5.0.3 and the latest version of BTW and Deco. the game will not load and after I close it says it is getting a null pointer exception and that it cannot find the deco classes such as hay bale. is anyone else having trouble?
ion

Post by ion »

jackatthekilns wrote:I am having trouble with this mod and the new ABCE5 version. I am using MCpatcher 5.0.3 and the latest version of BTW and Deco. the game will not load and after I close it says it is getting a null pointer exception and that it cannot find the deco classes such as hay bale. is anyone else having trouble?
deco doesn't work with the latest BTW
dawnraider

Post by dawnraider »

Been gone a while because of life, but I recently came back to playing BTW and noticed this still hadn't been updated. I have no idea how to use github to upload it to the repo Yhetti has, but here's my update to the Deco addon to make it compatible with Dancer Poo Dancer Bee.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/8rq943bhg ... Update.zip

This only includes fixes for the client side.

Changelog:
-Removed references to FCIBlock, since that class was removed.
-Modified RotateAroundJAxis to comply with Block's version. Previously the version in FCIBlock had a void return type, while the version it now overrides in Block has a boolean return type involving whether to update metadata. Given that these blocks all had separate calls to update metadata on rotation I returned false for all blocks in the addon that needed it.
-Modified the rotation on placement in the Chair class to no longer reference a missing method in FCUtilsMisc, fixing that crash. Not 100% sure if I used the right one though, I may have used one that puts it backwards.
-In the class handling flower dyes for fireworks I added a method about the secondary output that always returns false (I presume this was from FC's indicator for secondary output, and since the class implemented the interface it had to implement the new method)
Get the Deco Addon here!
ion

Post by ion »

damn thank you, just after i've removed deco and updated to latest BTW
jackatthekilns

Post by jackatthekilns »

In the old deco zips there is a minecraft_server folder that is not in the newest version. Is it possible to set up a server with the files in this zip or do I need those server files?
dawnraider

Post by dawnraider »

I only updated the client side because that's all I have had time for. I'll take a look at the server side files over the weekend.
Get the Deco Addon here!
jackatthekilns

Post by jackatthekilns »

Thanks, I am playing with my nephews, but we haven't gotten far enough for it to matter yet
Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

I have no idea how to use github to upload it to the repo Yhetti has
That's not how git works actually. What you do is fork the repo and create your own version and then you have the option of proposing a "pull request", which will show up in his repo as a request to merge code in. He can then choose if he wants it.

I think one solution might be to have more contributors for Deco, people that can allow pull requests in. That way, there's less of a burden on Yhetti to be active.
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Yhetti

Post by Yhetti »

Hey guys I think I'm going to have some time this weekend to update the add-on and look at your code. Maybe fix some of those stupid bugs/crashes too.
Yhetti

Post by Yhetti »

I got everything to compile and run, it took a while for me to figure it all out, so I decided to take a break for now and I put the new code on github but it is largely untested so install it at your own risk. This weekend I am going to look at any bugs, and then test everything out properly. I will likely spend some time refactoring the code as well.

As a side note, if anyone wants to play co-op, I'd really enjoy having someone help me struggle through the new changes to BTW, I haven't played in a long time so I have no idea what I'm doing anymore.

Edit: I tested what's on github and it seems to work fine with both client and server. More to come later.
Yhetti

Re: The Deco Add-on. (updated 07/12/2018) [4.ABCFAFBFC]

Post by Yhetti »

Another update: I fixed the 'Walls' blocks (the collision boxes were not working).