New Release! (BTW V4.89)

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
UnresponsiveIcon

Re: New Release! (BTW V4.89)

Post by UnresponsiveIcon »

The furnace times... it hurts so good.
utakataJ6

Post by utakataJ6 »

"Oh, I'll just have the first thing I smelt this play be a single glass block..." "OH GOD IT"S EATING MY SAWDUST!"
morvelaira:
Not all Minecraft players have stamped down the knee-jerk, lawful-good Superman reaction yet. We do hold a rather high proportion of the enlightened on these forums ;)
flowerchild:
Not to mention a mod that trains the player to be rather morally ambivalent ;)
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Hehe...yeah, smelting is a whole other ball of wax now. I had three furnaces going non-stop to smelt the ore I was collecting while branch mining yesterday :)
ExpHP

Post by ExpHP »

Well, I'll be, you've just done the unthinkable:

You've made me make more than one Crucible. ;)
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

ExpHP wrote:Well, I'll be, you've just done the unthinkable:

You've made me make more than one Crucible. ;)
Hmmm...I don't really get that point. The cook times on Crucibles with max fire have remained unchanged.

Would be interested in hearing what motivated you to do that :)
ExpHP

Post by ExpHP »

FlowerChild wrote:Would be interested in hearing what motivated you to do that :)
Ah, just to make the crucible output keep up with my building progress on the Nether rail. More specifically, I decided I needed two when I realized that all the sand in a crucible would cook before any of the stone.

Come to think of it, though, my case is an atypical one, as I for some reason decided to put my primary bellows/turntable setup in the Nether. Had I set it up in the overworld, I would already have had enough smooth stone and glass not just for this project, but for every project ever to come...
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

ExpHP wrote: Come to think of it, though, my case is an atypical one, as I for some reason decided to put my primary bellows/turntable setup in the Nether. Had I set it up in the overworld, I would already have had enough smooth stone and glass not just for this project, but for every project ever to come...
Cool cool. I was just wondering if there was an unanticipated side-effect to the changes I had made that motivated it, and I couldn't figure out what that might be :)
icynewyear

Post by icynewyear »

-J-

Post by -J- »

Huh. And here I was feeling so good for finding 35 iron ore. Damn you.
"In a closed society where everybody's guilty, the only crime is getting caught. In a world of thieves, the only final sin is stupidity."
heypaint

Post by heypaint »

This update really had a ripple affect on me.

Prior to this update, I never even knew you could cook ores in a kiln; guess I spaced on that. Which motivated me to make an auto-kiln. Which required assaulting a nether castle, and more specifically a blaze spawner (for more Hibachis). Which motivated me to complete my soul-forged plate. And while I was in the nether I found some netherwart, which led to a farm and to a brewing stand, which motivated me to add a special room for brewing potions, which led to a major update on the whole base. That was a busy weekend, all due to a small change to smelt times.

Thanks FC.
Tekei

Post by Tekei »

heypaint wrote:This update really had a ripple affect on me.
Thanks FC.
And this is why I love this mod! :)
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

heypaint wrote: Prior to this update, I never even knew you could cook ores in a kiln; guess I spaced on that. Which motivated me to make an auto-kiln. Which required assaulting a nether castle, and more specifically a blaze spawner (for more Hibachis). Which motivated me to complete my soul-forged plate. And while I was in the nether I found some netherwart, which led to a farm and to a brewing stand, which motivated me to add a special room for brewing potions, which led to a major update on the whole base. That was a busy weekend, all due to a small change to smelt times.
That's awesome man, and very gratifying to hear. It appears all these little connections I've been creating are really starting to add up :)