[1.5.2] [4.891124] Biomes O' Plenty 0.1.3 - BTW Edition

This sub-forum is dedicated to add-ons and texture packs for Better Than Wolves.
Gabecraft1234

Re: [1.5.2] [4.89] Biomes O' Plenty 0.0.7 - BTW Edition

Post by Gabecraft1234 »

Wolves generate in most of the snowy biomes and some of the forested ones as well. I have already run into a pack on my first day.

I think which huts are restricted to vMC swamp biomes. Although there are two swampy BoP biomes that they would fit into nicely. Fortunatly they are not essential to tech tree progesstion.
Tekei

Post by Tekei »

So, Kaitocain kindly pointed out to me that my TP doesn't work very well with your addon.
Here are some screens:

Vanilla TP:
Spoiler
Show
My TP:
Spoiler
Show
I'm guessing it has to do with the fact that my custom biome color files have a black background. If this is indeed the cause, would it be possible to get a map of where you pull the biome colors from so I can add those in? I'm thinking something along the lines of this.
Either way, good work on the addon! From my limited testing it does look very interesting even if I'm personally not interested in starting a new world right now. :)
Fret

Post by Fret »

Gabecraft1234 wrote:Wolves generate in most of the snowy biomes and some of the forested ones as well. I have already run into a pack on my first day.

I think which huts are restricted to vMC swamp biomes. Although there are two swampy BoP biomes that they would fit into nicely. Fortunatly they are not essential to tech tree progesstion.
Thank you, so I guess all the balance is alright except for witchhuts.
Adubbz

Post by Adubbz »

Tekei wrote:So, Kaitocain kindly pointed out to me that my TP doesn't work very well with your addon.
Here are some screens:

Vanilla TP:
Spoiler
Show
My TP:
Spoiler
Show
I'm guessing it has to do with the fact that my custom biome color files have a black background. If this is indeed the cause, would it be possible to get a map of where you pull the biome colors from so I can add those in? I'm thinking something along the lines of this.
Either way, good work on the addon! From my limited testing it does look very interesting even if I'm personally not interested in starting a new world right now. :)
Not sure about making a map for them, but i can certainly give you the numbers that are used for the grass colours/leaf colours in each biome if that'd be of any use to yourself.
Tekei

Post by Tekei »

Adubbz wrote:Not sure about making a map for them, but i can certainly give you the numbers that are used for the grass colours/leaf colours in each biome if that'd be of any use to yourself.
Thanks, but I doubt I'd be able to make anything out of plain numbers. I'll probably just change the color-files so that there always is at least some shade of green instead of a black background. That should make the TP work even if I won't have much control over how each individual biome looks. Thanks for looking into it at least! :)

EDIT: Unless by numbers you mean actual coordinates that I can use. In that case I'd be very interested!
Adubbz

Post by Adubbz »

Tekei wrote:
Adubbz wrote:Not sure about making a map for them, but i can certainly give you the numbers that are used for the grass colours/leaf colours in each biome if that'd be of any use to yourself.
Thanks, but I doubt I'd be able to make anything out of plain numbers. I'll probably just change the color-files so that there always is at least some shade of green instead of a black background. That should make the TP work even if I won't have much control over how each individual biome looks. Thanks for looking into it at least! :)

EDIT: Unless by numbers you mean actual coordinates that I can use. In that case I'd be very interested!
By numbers I mean decimal colour codes. However, I can always convert them to hex ones if you prefer.
Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

Adubbz wrote:By numbers I mean decimal colour codes. However, I can always convert them to hex ones if you prefer.
If you post the colors, we should be able to figure out the coordinates from the vanilla biome color map.
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Tekei

Post by Tekei »

Yeah, what Gilberreke said. It's at least worth a try. :)
Adubbz

Post by Adubbz »

Welp, here are the colours that are set in the code, there's not much else i can do i'm afraid.
Spoiler
Show
Arctic:
Grass: #AA8A4E, Foliage: #B5A353

Bog:
Grass: #D8935F, Foliage: #DAE579

Boreal Forest:
Grass: #9FB771, Foliage: #C9CE65

Brushland:
Grass: #C9C17F, Foliage: #B2C67F

Chapparal:
Grass: #C0D85D

Deciduous Forest:
Grass: #C1B749, Foliage: #C4C93A

Fen:
Grass: #BAC481, Foliage: #CEB979

Field:
Grass & Foliage: #A5FF4C

Frost Forest:
Grass & Foliage: #ABD6BC

Grassland:
Grass & Foliage: #7FDB7D

Grove:
Grass: #517F51, Foliage: #619961

Heathland:
Grass: #CEC577, Foliage: #AEC681

Jade Cliffs:
Grass: #7CA568, Foliage: #8ACC6A

Meadow:
Grass & Foliage: #63B26D

Moor:
Grass & Foliage: #619365

Mystic Grove:
Grass: #69CFDB, Foliage: #6FE2C9

Ominous Woods:
Grass & Foliage: #3F4151

Origin Valley:
Grass & Foliage: #A2FF5F

Rainforest:
Grass: #1AD86C, Foliage: #14E26F

Sacred Springs:
Grass & Foliage: #995B

Shield:
Grass: #647F38, Foliage: #789643

Sludgepit:
Grass: #746429, Foliage: #919134

Steppe:
Grass & Foliage: #CCAB5F

Temperature Rainforest:
Grass: #B6D367, Foliage: #BBDD63

Timber:
Grass: #A6AD66, Foliage: #A89B59

Tropical Rainforest:
Grass: #A7E140, Foliage: #88E140

Tundra:
Grass: #AD8456, Foliage: #BF664E

Wetland:
Grass: #5A935F, Foliage: #4F9657
opa2

Post by opa2 »

Hello,

Couldn't pass such addon by. For some reason though, the generation changes each time I turn Minecraft off and back on. As if the seed changes. Anyone else getting this kind of error?
Thalarctia

Post by Thalarctia »

opa2 wrote:Hello,

Couldn't pass such addon by. For some reason though, the generation changes each time I turn Minecraft off and back on. As if the seed changes. Anyone else getting this kind of error?
Yeah, I can confirm this. Seems the world generation changes every time Minecraft is restarted - even though the seed according to /seed remains the same.
Gabecraft1234

Post by Gabecraft1234 »

I can confirm changing terrain generation. I reported it as a bug earlier but then got confused with a vanilla bug that caused seams when generating new worlds with the same name w/ out reloading the game. I have started up a new world w/ biomes O' plenty and have just experienced sharp seams where terrain generation stopped after one session of play and then resumed (with a different biome) the next time I loaded up the world.
Spoiler
Show

Edit: Ninja'd
Adubbz

Post by Adubbz »

Rather baffled on that one. But then again, I guess that's what i get for making a base edit mod with next to no idea what I'm doing. However, would you be able to let me know if that still occurs using one of the versions before I added volcanos? At least that'll let me know if it is to do with the world provider.
DreamsofFury

Post by DreamsofFury »

Using the same seed generates a different world every time. Cords could be the same, will test soon.

The bug Gabe mentions along with his screenshot is a vanilla bug as I said before by rapidly creating new worlds with the same name.
Gabecraft1234

Post by Gabecraft1234 »

No. This seams bug is not vanilla b/c it happens even when you are not rapidly recreating worlds with the same name. This seams bug only occurs w/ BoP when you interrupt terrain generation by saving and quitting and then resuming the game.
Pfilson

Post by Pfilson »

Tekei wrote:

I know Panda's TP seems to handle the biome colors with no noticeable issues.. There might be a solution there.
Gabecraft1234

Re: [1.5.2] [4.891] Biomes O' Plenty 0.0.7 - BTW Edition

Post by Gabecraft1234 »

Ok I can confirm the seams bug all the way back to version 0.0.1. (seams are created when stoping world gen by saving and quitting and then starting the game back up again and loading new chunks).

I don't know if this will provide any insight but I saw a village generate with out interruption across a definite seam created by this bug.
retep998

Post by retep998 »

BTW adds the ability for snow to be on nearly everything including flowers and grass.
It would be nice if this addon would spawn snow on flowers and grass instead of having to wait for a snowfall to finish the job
Spoiler
Show
If only FC knew that bunny for my avatar was from My Little Pony :P
ehsanmp

Post by ehsanmp »

So, the mod looks amazing, I ran around marvelling at the waterfalls and various awesome trees on an SSP game, and I should be playing it on a server quite soon!

The question I have is related to slimes. Vanilla has slimes spawn in Swamps between y50 and y70 at night time.

Which biomes in the new, longer list, qualify for this behavior?

Thanks
Ehsan
mogulus

Post by mogulus »

playing with btw 4.891 ( latest version ), the chunks stop loading past a certain point. In creative, I can fly past this point and look back to see the entire world sheared straight down to the void. If I travel back the direction I came, eventually it will happen there too.

It seems to be a previously reported bug, where the game also stops saving and requires restart. But it seems there are others playing just fine, so I'm wondering if it's something to do with the newest version of btw.
Time slows down in a high gravitational field. This fact is the pinion of my plan to destroy us all...
Gabecraft1234

Post by Gabecraft1234 »

I would hold off on starting new survival worlds or servers until the seams bug is fixed. I stared one a few days ago before I knew about the seams bug and it resulted in some some very odd looking terrain with long stripes of different biomes a chunk wide as I generated a little more world each time I played.
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

Are there biomes where passive mobs are not meant to spawn? I saw very reduced spawn rates in the Timber biome I spawned in and after a full search pattern I found nothing at all in this one, which I do not know the proper name of.
Spoiler
Show
Better is the enemy of Good
TheGatesofLogic

Post by TheGatesofLogic »

ok i found 2 significant (and already reported) bugs in this mod.

Firstly and by far the most important of the two: The game stops saving data. the effects of this are widespread, including: hunger bar may not change upon eating food, chunks may not load or save, and game autosaves fail to happen. the only solution to this bug is exitting out of the game and reloading that save, but that also exacerbates the second issue which is:

these new biomes are not seed-designated, meaning that biomes are randomly generated without any reliance on the seed. this causes the world seams that people appear to be finding in their worlds and since the other bug leads to frequent reloading of the save file these seams become far more frequent than one would expect.

These two bugs are SERIOUS issues. They wreak havoc on worlds and lead to extremely ugly world seams.
I will not be playing with this add-on until such a time as these bugs are fixed. I intend no disrepect, but you cannot expect me to want these unslightly seams when the whole purpose of a world-gen mod is to make the world more beautiful. I very much enjoy the time and effort you put into the individual biomes, but if the system that generate those biomes is broken then there is no purpose to it at all

also:
DaveYanakov wrote:Are there biomes where passive mobs are not meant to spawn? I saw very reduced spawn rates in the Timber biome I spawned in and after a full search pattern I found nothing at all in this one, which I do not know the proper name of.
Spoiler
Show
if there are biomes that witches thrive in (mystic grove) then i am certain there are biomes with other quirks as well
Two feet standing on a principle
Two hands longing for each others warmth
Cold smoke seeping out of colder throats
Darkness falling, leaves nowhere to go
Adubbz

Re: [1.5.2] [4.891] Biomes O' Plenty 0.0.8 - BTW Edition

Post by Adubbz »

Updated to 0.5.8, which along with tweaking some things to do with the Origin Valley biome, uses a new BOP worldtype to decide whether biomes generate and also (hopefully) fixes all of these generation bugs (apart from the one where chunks from old worlds are used if you rapidly delete and create a new world under the same name, which i'm told is a vanilla bug).

To use the BOP worldtype on the client, select it on the same screen you would change the worldtype to Large Biomes or Superflat. On the server, change the level-type (or whatever it is called) to "BIOMESOP" (without quotes).

Huge props to ted80 for this release, without him a lot of this wouldn't have been done :)

Also, for those interested, https://github.com/BiomesOPlenty/Biomes ... its/master. For those who don't know what that's for, then it's probably not of interest to you anyways.

With regards to the mobs mentioned above, witches don't spawn in the Mystic Grove in the BTW version. As far as i know, there is only one biome with a bit of a quirk mob in the game currently but that's for you folks to discover.
Gabecraft1234

Re: [1.5.2] [4.891] Biomes O' Plenty 0.0.8 - BTW Edition

Post by Gabecraft1234 »

Yes!!!

Thank you for this awsome addon!

I will thoroughly bug test it as soon as I get home.

Also is there a config file that comes w/ this addon?