Diamond Hills Resort 2.0 (BTW V4.A1 Humpdated Camel)

This is the place for SMP server threads, and for general server discussion.
Dale

Re: Diamond Hills Resort - (recruiting ops) Co-Op server

Post by Dale »

Resaul wrote:I am recruiting a couple of people to help admin the server as I am involved in other projects currently and cannot be on as much as I would like for the time being. If you wish to apply use the same email that you apply for whitelist and let me know your experience as an op, please be detailed.
Hows it going res? :)
DaveYanakov "Animals spawn in tall grass because pokemans"...
Resaul

Post by Resaul »

Dale wrote:
Resaul wrote:I am recruiting a couple of people to help admin the server as I am involved in other projects currently and cannot be on as much as I would like for the time being. If you wish to apply use the same email that you apply for whitelist and let me know your experience as an op, please be detailed.
Hows it going res? :)
Going great :D Been extremely busy the last week or so, so I havent been able to play much minecraft though :( How's it going for you?
Terus_

Post by Terus_ »

Tried logging into the server earlier and got an error,

Connection Lost
Failed to login: Bad login

Not sure if this is a problem on my end or the server so I thought I'd mention it. Tried googling about it but all I can find is I might not be on the whitelist anymore or its a minecraft.net issue.

EDIT: Nevermind, I'm in now. x_x
Dale

Post by Dale »

Terus_ wrote:Tried logging into the server earlier and got an error,

Connection Lost
Failed to login: Bad login

Not sure if this is a problem on my end or the server so I thought I'd mention it. Tried googling about it but all I can find is I might not be on the whitelist anymore or its a minecraft.net issue.

EDIT: Nevermind, I'm in now. x_x
It is a wide known bug affecting everyone right now.
Terus_

Post by Terus_ »

Glad to know I wasn't the only one having that problem.

I'm thinking of grabbing some of my iron tools from my backup base and wandering off into the wilderness again to see if I can make something fancy. I hardcore spawned and forgot where my winter cabin was so anything in it is basically up for grabs if anyone finds it. ;P
Elusivehawk

Post by Elusivehawk »

Terus_ wrote:Glad to know I wasn't the only one having that problem.

I'm thinking of grabbing some of my iron tools from my backup base and wandering off into the wilderness again to see if I can make something fancy. I hardcore spawned and forgot where my winter cabin was so anything in it is basically up for grabs if anyone finds it. ;P
MIIIIIIIIIIIIIINE!!!!

(On a serious note, I memorized where your home is, so if you want I can take you there.)
Terus_

Post by Terus_ »

This forever alone vibe going on in the server is really making me cry. I've been playing a few hours every day for about a week now and every time I'm the only one online or Resaul and his wife join in. A mere three people don't make for much fun so I've been thinking of playing on another server for a bit.

I'm not leaving this server by the way, just taking a bit of a break. Its the first server I've ever played on so I'm not gonna give up on it that easily.
Resaul

Post by Resaul »

Terus_ wrote:This forever alone vibe going on in the server is really making me cry. I've been playing a few hours every day for about a week now and every time I'm the only one online or Resaul and his wife join in. A mere three people don't make for much fun so I've been thinking of playing on another server for a bit.

I'm not leaving this server by the way, just taking a bit of a break. Its the first server I've ever played on so I'm not gonna give up on it that easily.
I completely understand Terus. I have been in contact with a few of the people on DHR server and they are on a temporary hiatus playing newer games (myself included). We just bought an xbox one so we are giving it a nice thorough break in lol. Others are playing Terraria, GTA IV, etc. Each person I have spoke with said they will return to minecraft and the server sooner or later. I played so much minecraft I went through a minor burnout lol. However me and the wife fully intend to return to playing on the server full time again eventually.

On I side note, I have had several white list apps coming in on the server email but I will not approve a whitelist that just has an IGN and a "please white list me". If you plan to request whitelist to the server please take a little team and explain why you are interested in playing on the server, a little about yourself, your experience and maybe your play style?
Bentosan

Post by Bentosan »

Taking a break too. Checking from time to time but I usually end up as only player as well. Won't leave either, but RL just is getting busier and busier. Hopefully I get some time and good mood to continue that big project i started.
Resaul

Post by Resaul »

Hey guys! Quick update.. A few of us are planning on starting back on minecraft tonight. It has been brought to my attention through a couple of people who have applied for whitelist on our server that its less appealing when they dragon is already dead and server is well established so I hit you guys (those whom have already been playing on the server) with this question. Do we want to do a reboot of the server and start a leveling playing field for those of us returning and those interested in joining the server?

This can be done a few different ways. I have the current server and seed already backed up in a nice 1gb zip file. I will be providing the for download regardless of the decision to keep it going or start fresh.

First way would be to just start fresh and those who arent keen on losing their work can download the file and have it to use as they wish.

Second way is, and I do not favor this way, set up a second world on the server and switch back and forth depending on who is on and wanting to play would. This way could be tedious and conflicting.

The last would be for me to set up a second server, as they arent all that expensive, for the new seed and keep the current as it is. Not an ideal solution either but it is an option.

Either way we are looking forward to getting back into minecraft and would love some feedback from those playing on DHR server on their preference.
Dale

Post by Dale »

Why do you want to make a fresh world again? You promised your old player base you wouldn't delete the world again.
&
Why set up a second server when there are already multiple servers that are up? Thus spreading thin the playerbase?
Curious.
Resaul

Post by Resaul »

Until I get some feedback I have both worlds on the server. The current one is the new seed, so anyone that was looking for a fresh start with the end still untouched, its not up. :)

I myself will be on the server in a couple of hours so if you need any assistance I will be on then. Anyone who was whitelisted before will still be whitelisted. Anyone new looking to get in just email the email address in the OP. Look forward to seeing you on there.
Resaul

Re: Diamond Hills Resort 2.0 Co-Op server

Post by Resaul »

White-List temporarily off. Feel free to pop in and stake you a claim of land while its fresh :)

I will revert the server back to white list once its a little more established.
Ozziie

Re: Diamond Hills Resort 2.0 Co-Op server [no whitelist]

Post by Ozziie »

Just thought I'd post to say I've been on the server but only for a quick, nosy look around. Not sure if I was in the wrong part of the map but it looks like a new world?

I might have another look around if it gets more established as I was only interested in seeing what a developed SMP world looks like :)
Resaul

Post by Resaul »

Ozziie wrote:Just thought I'd post to say I've been on the server but only for a quick, nosy look around. Not sure if I was in the wrong part of the map but it looks like a new world?

I might have another look around if it gets more established as I was only interested in seeing what a developed SMP world looks like :)
Yeah its a new world lol so its not developed at all around spawn, those of us playing on it went out pretty far to start building our community.

It will be a little more developed before too long :)
Mrs.Cochran12

Post by Mrs.Cochran12 »

Looking forward to see more people on!
Abysmal

Post by Abysmal »

Reading through this thread it seems you have reset the map more than once, I would join but that deeply concerns me. Id hate for any progress I made to just be deleted like that. Am I mistaken? If I am reading it wrong I apologize.
Mrs.Cochran12

Post by Mrs.Cochran12 »

We have done a reset when necessary or if there was a problem. There is always a server back up available for download if there is a reset done. :)
Abysmal

Post by Abysmal »

I got the feeling creative mode is used a bit to much on my visit.
Spoiler
Show
Personally I have found that FlowerChilds "hardcore" features cure my world deletion problems by giving me a sense of attachment to said world. Upon arriving on the server I see a huge cosmetic build with a SFS beacon. Surrounding this build nothing but wilderness except for that other huge building in the desert that was supposedly the "old beacon" housing. I call this cheating, and honestly I feel bad for you guys now that I seen why there has been multiple server/world resets, as the cause is more likely to the same syndrome I once had of starting new worlds also. I can leave you with this one thought and word of advice: If you take the time to actually play the mod without cheating I promise you will feel attached to your world and have ten fold amounts of fun while doing so. I am looking for a server to join atm, but am just not interested in one that "caters to every type of player" by providing cheats. I probably sound mean by saying cheats, as you said more on the lines of "avoiding hardcore features" but it is... well, cheats. And how is that supposed to cater to players that want a real Better Than Wolves SMP experience?
Resaul

Post by Resaul »

Abysmal wrote:I got the feeling creative mode is used a bit to much on my visit.
Spoiler
Show
Personally I have found that FlowerChilds "hardcore" features cure my world deletion problems by giving me a sense of attachment to said world. Upon arriving on the server I see a huge cosmetic build with a SFS beacon. Surrounding this build nothing but wilderness except for that other huge building in the desert that was supposedly the "old beacon" housing. I call this cheating, and honestly I feel bad for you guys now that I seen why there has been multiple server/world resets, as the cause is more likely to the same syndrome I once had of starting new worlds also. I can leave you with this one thought and word of advice: If you take the time to actually play the mod without cheating I promise you will feel attached to your world and have ten fold amounts of fun while doing so. I am looking for a server to join atm, but am just not interested in one that "caters to every type of player" by providing cheats. I probably sound mean by saying cheats, as you said more on the lines of "avoiding hardcore features" but it is... well, cheats. And how is that supposed to cater to players that want a real Better Than Wolves SMP experience?
To each their own. Creative was used to set up the spawn city and only for that. Nobody twists arms to get you to use said beacon or any features you consider "cheating". Other servers reportedly use commands so that each player keeps their inventory upon dying. I personally consider that type of playing cheating.

I have a real good feeling your "new" account and btw forums account that was created today, was a method of avoiding a ban on our server that is in place under another name and to further slander the server on these forums. I may be mistaken and if I'm reading this wrong, I apologize :p

Regardless I hope you find a server that suits you and your play-style! :D
Mrs.Cochran12

Post by Mrs.Cochran12 »

Abysmal wrote:I got the feeling creative mode is used a bit to much on my visit.
Spoiler
Show

This sermon sounds like it has been preached before.... hmmm.... :p
Abysmal

Post by Abysmal »

Mrs.Cochran12 wrote:
Spoiler
Show

Perhaps it needed to be said again from a fresh pair of eyes, just voicing my opinions.
Resaul

Post by Resaul »

Abysmal wrote:
Mrs.Cochran12 wrote:
Spoiler
Show

Perhaps it needed to be said again from a fresh pair of eyes, just voicing my opinions.
I think her point was that it has been voiced by the exact same pair of eyes :p
Abysmal

Post by Abysmal »

Resaul wrote:
Abysmal wrote:
Mrs.Cochran12 wrote:
Spoiler
Show

Uhh you lost me, I literally have made two observations on your server. One based upon the thread and one based upon what I seen while on the server itself. Both of your points are evasive of my own and really invalid.
Resaul

Post by Resaul »

Abysmal wrote:
Resaul wrote:
Abysmal wrote:
Mrs.Cochran12 wrote:
Spoiler
Show

Uhh you lost me, I literally have made two observations on your server. One based upon the thread and one based upon what I seen while on the server itself. Both of your points are evasive of my own and really invalid.
I'm saying you are either odie or you know odie in real life and attempting to kick a dead horse.