Diamond Hills Resort 2.0 (BTW V4.A1 Humpdated Camel)

This is the place for SMP server threads, and for general server discussion.
Abysmal

Re: Diamond Hills Resort 2.0 Co-Op server [no whitelist]

Post by Abysmal »

Resaul wrote:
Abysmal wrote:
Resaul wrote:
Abysmal wrote:
Mrs.Cochran12 wrote:
Abysmal wrote:I got the feeling creative mode is used a bit to much on my visit.
Spoiler
Show
Personally I have found that FlowerChilds "hardcore" features cure my world deletion problems by giving me a sense of attachment to said world. Upon arriving on the server I see a huge cosmetic build with a SFS beacon. Surrounding this build nothing but wilderness except for that other huge building in the desert that was supposedly the "old beacon" housing. I call this cheating, and honestly I feel bad for you guys now that I seen why there has been multiple server/world resets, as the cause is more likely to the same syndrome I once had of starting new worlds also. I can leave you with this one thought and word of advice: If you take the time to actually play the mod without cheating I promise you will feel attached to your world and have ten fold amounts of fun while doing so. I am looking for a server to join atm, but am just not interested in one that "caters to every type of player" by providing cheats. I probably sound mean by saying cheats, as you said more on the lines of "avoiding hardcore features" but it is... well, cheats. And how is that supposed to cater to players that want a real Better Than Wolves SMP experience?

This sermon sounds like it has been preached before.... hmmm.... :p
Perhaps it needed to be said again from a fresh pair of eyes, just voicing my opinions.
I think her point was that it has been voiced by the exact same pair of eyes :p

Uhh you lost me, I literally have made two observations on your server. One based upon the thread and one based upon what I seen while on the server itself. Both of your points are evasive of my own and really invalid.
I'm saying you are either odie or you know odie in real life and attempting to kick a dead horse.
Well man good luck with that wrong assumption. I met a few people here so far and know no one outside of Minecraft. I stand by my observations man.

EDIT: Which I only made in the first place in hopes that you'd know why I didn't plan on staying.
Resaul

Post by Resaul »

What a strange set of coincidences then...

Snip -Flower
Last edited by Resaul on Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
Abysmal

Post by Abysmal »

Well id suggest taking down personal information, as that seriously infringes this forums rules. I will admit I am actually related to Dale as a few players on Emeraldcrack knew. But my opinions are my own man.
Abysmal

Post by Abysmal »

New addendum to rule #1:

Posts discussing the personal information of others will be deleted and the offending posters immediately banned.
Resaul

Post by Resaul »

Abysmal wrote:Well id suggest taking down personal information, as that seriously infringes this forums rules. I will admit I am actually related to Dale as a few players on Emeraldcrack knew. But my opinions are my own man.
My point was im not a fool and I knew who you were from the time you made your first post. You made a new account because I was ignoring your private message spam and childish comments. Please refrain from you or your "relatives" posting on my thread as you have made it clear you have no interest playing here and I equally have no interest in having you here. That much is settled. Have a good evening :)
Abysmal

Post by Abysmal »

Resaul wrote:
Abysmal wrote:Well id suggest taking down personal information, as that seriously infringes this forums rules. I will admit I am actually related to Dale as a few players on Emeraldcrack knew. But my opinions are my own man.
My point was im not a fool and I knew who you were from the time you made your first post. You made a new account because I was ignoring your private message spam and childish comments. Please refrain from you or your "relatives" posting on my thread as you have made it clear you have no interest playing here and I equally have no interest in having you here. That much is settled. Have a good evening :)
I am not dale man, you are going way further then you should with taking any kind of comment about your server.
Resaul

Post by Resaul »

Abysmal wrote:
Resaul wrote:
I am not dale man, you are going way further then you should with taking any kind of comment about your server.
Still trolling my server 2 months later is going way further than you should. This is getting ridiculous.
Abysmal

Post by Abysmal »

Resaul wrote:
Abysmal wrote:
Resaul wrote:
Still trolling my server 2 months later is going way further than you should. This is getting ridiculous.
Seriously? I just seen your server today and what I said was true.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Guys: chill.

Posting personal info: not cool.

Chaos while I'm in a livestream that I feel compelled to intervene in: not cool.

However, an admin has the right run his server as he chooses. So, to the admin: please don't do that again. To the player: leave it alone man, and choose to play somewhere else.
Resaul

Post by Resaul »

Need more to join the search for diamonds lol. We need a nether portal!
Resaul

Post by Resaul »

Looking for some more people to co-op with :)
Sockthing

Post by Sockthing »

Resaul wrote:Looking for some more people to co-op with :)
I would :) but because of christmas holidays I could only do in January
Rob wrote:Sock-ilocks then tried the momma bear's pixel size and thought that it was just right.
BTW Community SMP Server: Discord | Sock's Crops: Thread
Resaul

Post by Resaul »

Sockthing wrote:
Resaul wrote:Looking for some more people to co-op with :)
I would :) but because of christmas holidays I could only do in January
Sounds good, you will always be welcome here.
Bentosan

Post by Bentosan »

Fresh start...mkay... since it's already decided.

It just took 3 min to die since I ended up in front of some pretty awesome looking iron-doors. Fix the buttons so u can at least enter the spawn.
Guess I am going to try to get back there some other day during daytime.
Resaul

Post by Resaul »

Bentosan wrote:Fresh start...mkay... since it's already decided.

It just took 3 min to die since I ended up in front of some pretty awesome looking iron-doors. Fix the buttons so u can at least enter the spawn.
Guess I am going to try to get back there some other day during daytime.
Yeah I am trying to figure out a way to bypass spawn protection to allow buttons to be used.
Resaul

Post by Resaul »

I am again needing some help moderating the server if anyone is interested. Please contact me via the email on the OP.
Bentosan

Post by Bentosan »

Seriously thinking about quitting. I can't count how many times i had to start over now. Latenz got worse as well... got a hit delay of 2-3 seconds now - try killing a sekeleton with that kind of delay and no armor equipped. Stranded in an area where someone built a base already... so i can either steal food, which is no option... or simply starve and end up spawning there again. Since I still haven't been able to get to the respawn point, it is just frustrating to enter, knowing u can't do anything but die.

In case I am not logging in again... bye everyone.
Resaul

Post by Resaul »

Bentosan wrote:Seriously thinking about quitting. I can't count how many times i had to start over now. Latenz got worse as well... got a hit delay of 2-3 seconds now - try killing a sekeleton with that kind of delay and no armor equipped. Stranded in an area where someone built a base already... so i can either steal food, which is no option... or simply starve and end up spawning there again. Since I still haven't been able to get to the respawn point, it is just frustrating to enter, knowing u can't do anything but die.

In case I am not logging in again... bye everyone.
I have been trying to catch you online bentosan. I just now took the doors off of spawn area so its more accessable.
Bentosan

Post by Bentosan »

That won't fix the latenz problems I got. It isn't playable anymore with this delay. Even tried different providers, but the problem still remains. It's shown with a latenz of 286ms to begin with, but it plays like 600+. I don't even want to think of going to the nether or the end like this...

I survived in the first place because I skipped the night completly with logging out, waiting my 12 min and playing until it seems to get dark again... but this just works above earth. One sekeleton is enough... not a chance of getting close at all. I can't dodge wolf or "zomby" attacks by taking a step backwards. There is really no point in playing like this, even though I'd love to.
Resaul

Post by Resaul »

Bentosan wrote:That won't fix the latenz problems I got. It isn't playable anymore with this delay. Even tried different providers, but the problem still remains. It's shown with a latenz of 286ms to begin with, but it plays like 600+. I don't even want to think of going to the nether or the end like this...

I survived in the first place because I skipped the night completly with logging out, waiting my 12 min and playing until it seems to get dark again... but this just works above earth. One sekeleton is enough... not a chance of getting close at all. I can't dodge wolf or "zomby" attacks by taking a step backwards. There is really no point in playing like this, even though I'd love to.
I personally have not noticed any latency problems at all, however I will restart the server and see if that helps any.
Bentosan

Post by Bentosan »

I always had problems with servers oversea, at least in Minecraft....so don't mind it. The server should be fine the way it is now. Neatherlands got a good connection as well, so I don't understand why Germany got such big problems all the time.
Resaul

Re: Diamond Hills Resort - Temporarily Shut Down

Post by Resaul »

I have been monitoring the server logs for the past couple of weeks and have noticed a huge drop in activity. Due to this I will be shutting the server down (temporarily). I will continue to take whiltelist requests and when I feel there is enough interest I will fire the server back up.
Resaul

Re: Diamond Hills Resort - Back Online

Post by Resaul »

As the topic says, DHR is back online. I still have other projects going but will try to be on as much as possible.

That being said I could use a co-moderator to help keep things in order during the times I cannot be on. If anyone is interested please let me know via the email located in the OP.
Resaul

Post by Resaul »

Server will be down for a brief moment as I upload the backed up seed before I shut the server down. Its over a gigabyte and im on a rather slow 25mb connection so it will be down for an hour or so. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Resaul

Post by Resaul »

Ok guys server back online and restored to the seed we left off on. Did a quick check to make sure everyone's building area uploaded properly and it looks like its all intact!

I will also be reverting back to whitelist soon. I have it open as of now so feel free if you are new to pop in and check it out, however if interested in staying you should apply to whitelist so you will already be in when I switch it over.