New Release! (BTW V4.85)

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
ryoloth

Re: New Release! (BTW V4.85)

Post by ryoloth »

RalphKastro wrote:just a small question, since the mineshafts intersections only have one block wide opennings, doesn't that greatly reduce the movement capability, and therefore the threat of cave spiders?
Last I had to deal with them cave spiders could fit through 1 block gaps, which would make them even more deadly due to the changes reducing visibility and maneuverability.
"we haven't had a fight since the last one" -Atold 2016
Biohazard91X

Post by Biohazard91X »

Bit late to this I know I've been away, enjoying most the changes but looks like I'm gonna have to redesign my bone/arrow sorter, that used trapdoors activated by redstone! Can probably replace them with pistons though, although it'll be bigger.
Pfilson

Post by Pfilson »

ryoloth wrote:
RalphKastro wrote:just a small question, since the mineshafts intersections only have one block wide opennings, doesn't that greatly reduce the movement capability, and therefore the threat of cave spiders?
Last I had to deal with them cave spiders could fit through 1 block gaps, which would make them even more deadly due to the changes reducing visibility and maneuverability.
I Recently had a cave spider squeeze through a half slab hole.. So I'm not sure that the change to supports is going to make too much of difference besides them no longer getting stuck trying to get to you.. Normal spiders will get stuck but they can still web you and let their cave spider brethren finish you off.

I'd prune out and regenerate the mine I've been working on the past several plays if it wasn't running directly under my base.. :( I'm sure i'll find a new one at some point though, maybe ill trim out the rest of my world.
someonetobe

Post by someonetobe »

Almost my entire base is constructed around redstone powered trap doors. I'm confident I'm a minority of 1. But ouch.

(I actually sort myself in my base, using trapdoor flooring to dump me into the proper rooms). Big renovation needed now. Disheartened. Will come back in a week when I'm over it.

At least I'm not the same guy that was building a castle out of melons when HCM came out.

Really, I'm tempted to not continue BTW until you've moved on to RTH, so I can have that stability you used to be famous for. Anyway, sorry, I am just personally frustrated. Need that break.

Good luck and thanks for all of your hard work (sincerely).
I seek fond moments, not fond memories.
MAZD1X1E

Post by MAZD1X1E »

FlowerChild wrote: -Changed wood doors, trapdoors, and fence gates to no longer respond to a redstone signal.
I have to say, this simple little change is causing me much merriment at the minute. I keep forgetting to close the door to my base behind me whenever I go through it, having been guilty of using pressure plates for automatic door closure, and thus end up with all kinds of random mobs strolling through admiring my dirt and smoothstone themed decor. Apparently they aren't keen because they keep trying to kill me.

What makes the whole thing worse is that I've been doing the whole 'open door, walk through, close it behind me' thing for most of my life, and now apparently I lose all knowledge of how doors work as soon as I sit down at my computer and open up Minecraft.

Oh, the shame....
EtherealWrath

Post by EtherealWrath »

Loving the update FC- thank you for all your hard work (both with the mod and putting up with us!)

I kinda feel for those who used trapdoors for mechanical purposes, but its nice knowing I can use them for aesthetics without worrying about the clapping effects from wayward redstone. (Personally I've always used a block dispenser for trapdoor/floodgate mechanisms)

Edit-
Spoiler
Show
You should be able to replace the block your trapdoor was mounted on with a block dispenser and your mechanisms should work again. Hopefully this saves a lot of remodelling for some people
Phantom screams echo through the ruined facility
A horrible silence builds an eerie tranquility
The souls of many innocent fill the air
The hope they all died with scattered down there
utakataJ6

Post by utakataJ6 »

Those redstone recipes, and also the clock vs quartz change, GODS that was needed! Oh this is perfect!
Following on from the trapdoor pro-tip: if you aren't supposed to be using redstone until relatively late in the game, just remember that mob traps will produce iron tools en masse, so using a crucible to melt them will eventually give you all the repeaters you want.
morvelaira:
Not all Minecraft players have stamped down the knee-jerk, lawful-good Superman reaction yet. We do hold a rather high proportion of the enlightened on these forums ;)
flowerchild:
Not to mention a mod that trains the player to be rather morally ambivalent ;)